xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Morrowind Goty Modding?  (Read 1453 times)

Lepain

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

I've got these mods working without any noticeable problems ... yet

_Zuls New Khajitt Faces
adamantium armor
Area Effects Arrows
Argonian Hide Robe
Ascended Sleepers Robe
Assassins Armory
Astarsis BR
Astarsis DEF PlainReplace
Astarsis DEF VampireOnly
Astarsis DEM
Astarsis DEM Tribunal NPCs
Astarsis HEF
Astarsis HEM DonSalus
CRN daedric Armor
Demonbone Armor
Exquisite Robes II
j4m DBreton facem0d
LefemmArmor
Leias Dual Wield
MD01 Natural Skins Female
No-Glo_0709
NPCReplace3_0   <---------------- Use Motokis, ZerotheHeros won't show for me//this replaces all NPC heads and uses the famous Rhedds Heads Meshes that everyone talks about (then again everyone uses those heads now)
Real Signposts
Telvanni Robe

I mainly have trouble with any mods that change dialogue (although they will work). All of the mods that add quests seem to screw with the topics for Sellus Gravius (can't talk about your duties so you can't leave the Census Office) or with Fargoths Greeting (so he dosen't ask about the ring). that's about as far as I need to go to realise somethings wrong but alot of other NPCs have missing topics or messed up greetings.

I did get Mungfalias Curse books quests to work with an old save but I had to alter the scripts on all the armor pieces cause all of them running together causes alot of slowdown and frame skipping on the xbox.

To get past all of this I have been taking weapons, items and armor from quests mods and just placing them on new npcs in the world and creating new esps (I converted the entire Carnithus Armentarium cause the original kept crashing the Great Bazaar and causing dialogue problems).... Still haven't figured out what the Mod Converter does cause I have yet to run into any problems with meshes not referencing textures or meshes not showing up or .dds or whatever it's supposed to convert.

WOOOOO.... that was a long post!

Muzukun

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

what's the mod converter?  I've never heard of something like that so far.  

What should I do if the game freezes when I try to instal my mods?

So far I've just tried to instal two different character mods (mog mod and a werewolf mod, both as playable characters) so far the first one shows the head at the character select screen yet if I select it I get a dirty disc error.  The other freezes the game sometime while I'm still in the boat, that mod is also supposed to show me a pair of wolves near Seyda Neen (or whatever it is) and they don't show up either.  I'm using GOTY and I can't really find a original morrowind default.xbe what should I do?  (or should I pay 15 more to see if this'll work? -.-)

Muz

Lepain

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

Keep using GOTY, forget getting the original default.xbe. What I do is extract the file from the zip archive after downloading the mod, then I open up the esp file with TESDTK and remove the tribunal and bloodmoon dependencies, then paste the new renamed esp over the top of the old one with the rest of the stuff the mod came with then transfer it to the data files folder in the X partition. If you don't get rid of the dependancies than you will get a crash.

The Xbox mod converter was something that I saw on www.rpgplant.com/morrowind . If you search that site for either jason or xbox it should come up. I don't use the converter but it is packaged with TESDTK which is useful.

Muzukun

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

no luck with that =/ but thanks, for some reason his (the guy who made the XBox converter thing) instructions kind of go downhill because the morrowind construction set keeps on finding an error with the morrowind.whatever file =/

Question, can I put in new characters into morrowind?  Like add a whole new race to the character selection screen?  That's what I'm trying to do and so far every time I've tried it fails -.-

Muz

Lepain

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

Just take your mod, remove the dependancies and ftp it over to the x partition.

Muzukun

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

I've done that over and over again, this is what happens

Mod A: If Mod A is installed at all the game freezes while I'm still in the boat for new games, and for old saves it does nothing at all

Mod B: Mod B shows the character's head at the selection, yet should I select this character I get a dirty disc error.

I've changed the dependencies to nothing, I've tried them separately, etc. I might try some other mods to see if it just happens to be these two mods by chance but yeah.

Muz

permanent1

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

yeah i was wondering im using a mod that has sound but i cant figure out where to transfer it does anyone know?

Protocol_Unknown

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 04:40:00 AM »

sometimes if to texture is to big in file size you will get the dirty disk error...a dds file should be a res of 256x256 or 256x128 that should fix it.

sometimes these dds files are 512 or 1024 just change the res.

the xbox only has 64 megs of ram...and if these textures fill it up...(dirty disk error)

all of this is just a guess on my part.

deusbmx247

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

just wondering where do you find tesxmc? i cant seem to find it

pahncrd

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »

I don't think it will be viable for GOTY until someone can figure out how to add mods without having to put them on the cache drive.

pahncrd

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2004, 08:28:00 AM »

Is it only the guy at the begining that has the dialogue problems?

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

No, It seems to affect a lot of other people resulting in many broken quests

pahncrd

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »

What are some quest mods that work with the GOTY version?

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

I'm not sure really, I haven't tried any in while.  Give it a whirl for yourself.

pahncrd

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

I also tried making a new morrowind.esm, and it just doubled everybody , everywhere on my old saves... i guess that just won't work.

Does

gamefile0=morrowind.esm do anything, can I add more game files somehow?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13