xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Morrowind Goty Modding?  (Read 1450 times)

Orochi

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2003, 12:27:00 AM »

Crap, I should have checked this thread days ago, I kind of took for granted that you all pretty much allready knew what was causing the the tribunal / bloodmoon incompatility. Dragon and I had been fooling arround with the enchanted editor from the get go, and we've known all along that the tribunal and bloodmoon esm files had been incorperated into morrowind.esm. Back when we where still screwing arround with the ini file, I noticed that the only thing preventing my plugins from loading was tribunal portain of astarsis's dark elf heros head replacement mod (btw, the entire astarsis beauty series is an absolute neccesity if you ask me).

What I would realy love to figure out at this point is if there is any way we can screw with some of the video setting that where disabled in the xbox version of the game like draw distance, via a mod. Im getting realy sick of watching the terrain pop out of sky blue etherial soup right in front of my nose, even out in the wilderness where there is no need to have such a short draw distance. Its too bad there isnt something like the morrowind fps optimiser for the xbox ver.

-Orochi

ninjo

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2003, 09:14:00 PM »

is there a way that 1 of you could make a tutorial of al this info

Orochi

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (ninjo @ Dec 3 2003, 07:14 AM)
is there a way that 1 of you could make a tutorial of al this info

I plan on making a start to finish tutorial for  getting plugins on your xbox without modding it using the 007/MA exploit, for all the people on the elderscrolls forrums that dont know anything about xbox hacking.

Other than that though, you pretty much just stick all the mods in a folder called "data files", then ftp it to the cache partition that morrowind uses, and you are set.

-Orochi

Zoopster

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »

A word of warning: the Master Index and Helm Of Tohan mods screw up dialog trees in other parts of the game, making several quests impossible to finish (notably Fighters Guild). This may also apply to other mods that alter dialog in-game (both the above-mentioned  plugins have several new conversation topics included), so make sure you keep a backup save that you can go back to, if the plugin you are using turns out to be more problematic than it at first seemed. I ended up trashing my save game because I ran into more and more quests that could not be finished.

Just FYI!

Zoop

nl255

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »

Does this mean that PC mods will work in Morrowind Game of the Year edition without having to copy Morrowind to the hard drive since the mods go on the cache drive?  It would be nice to be able to delete my E:gamesMorrowind directory and just run Morrowind off of the game disc.

Splinter

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

Yep, since the mods just go into the cache, they can work with a game running off the disc.

nl255

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »

Since you only have about 200MB of free space for mods, couldn't the .xbe be patched to use say, e:morrowind-cache or f:morrowind-cache as the cache drive/folder, allowing many more mods to be installed?  Also, using the E: or F: drive as the morrowind cache folder might allow tribunal/bloodmoon mods to work as you could just copy morrowind.esm to tribunal.esm and bloodmoon.esm (i.e. you would have three copies of the morrowind.esm file that have the filenames morrowind.esm, bloodmoon.esm, and tribunal.esm in the cache directory.  That would seem to be alot simpler than other methods proposed, and would allow the game itself to run off of a dvd recordable/rewritable (you would have to extract the game, patch the xbe, then burn it of course).

DragonOmega

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »

that'd be great and im sure it would work IF we could patch the xbe like that...I'll look into it.
As far as the bloodmoon/tribunal stuff is concerned...editing the esp to only include morrowind.esm works just fine, however most the B/T mods dont work correctly even after a successful load.

I'll post when i see results of xbe hackin.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]