xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Morrowind!  (Read 198 times)

caligo

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« on: January 02, 2004, 03:45:00 AM »

sad.gif
i refuse to play goty before this problem is solved  tongue.gif
Think ill mail the developers of morrowind and ask them if they have a solution.

werem

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

I have exactly the same, any solutions yet?

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

they are probably signed with different keys.  You would have to resign them with the PAL key for morrowind.

werem

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

sad.gif  sad.gif  smile.gif .

timofren

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 07:09:00 PM »

Use ya good old enigma  switchdisc program

timofren

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »

Yeah its a program that u can play Pal games on a NTSC xbox or ntsc games on a pal xbox u get it off xbins or i can send it  2 u if u giv me ya email adress

Koo Amon

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 11:06:00 AM »

This is in no way garentied to work as I don't have the PAL version to check with.

IF YOU LOSE YOUR SAVE DON'T COME CRYING.  ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP!!!

Easy way would be to try to copy it to a mem card (if small enough) from the Xbox dash.  Now switch back to Evox and FTP into the Xbox.  Go into your mem card (G - O drives).  The main thing you want is the name of the folder the save is in on the mem card.  45d42001a for example.  This will be the same name as in E:\UDATA.

Next load the NTSC version and start a game.  Save right after it loads and quit.

Now Delete your PAL save from the mem card and copy over the  NTSC save same as above. 510000a2 for example.

FTP into the Xbox and copy everything in the PAL save folder (E:\UDATA\45d42001a) into the NTSC save folder (E:\UDATA\510000a2)
Try to load the NTSC version of the game.

If this doesn't work I don't know what to say.

LongSteve

• Archived User
Morrowind!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 03:05:00 AM »

Did anyone get this to work at all?

I have a NTSC GOTY and have been attempting to get my PAL Morrowind save file to load into it, but without any luck so far.  Here's what I've found out so far:

- The PAL UK Morrowind has a game id of 55530015, US Morrowind is 42530001 and US GOTY is 42530005.
- I have a few saved games from my original game, when I load up GOTY there's nothing in the saved game list.
- If I download a US NTSC original Morrowind save, GOTY sees it and happily loads the game.
- I've used FTP to copy the PAL game save directories from the 55530015 directory to one with the id 43530001. This makes the game saves show up to GOTY, but when I try and load it says "Unable to load saved game, press A to continue."
- I've also tried simply copying the (large) .ess file from a PAL save over a working (downloaded) US save .ess file, giving it the same name, but that doesn't work either.

So, no luck so far. I imagine it's got something to do with the signature of the files, and that US GOTY can't verify UK PAL saves when loading. Does anyone have any information on how I might be able to get the XSavSig utility to re-sign my save files so US GOTY will load them correctly.

Since the .ess files are standard Morrowind save files, I think that the vv.dat file contains the signature of its associated save file.  The game checks this against the save when it tries to load it.  The vv.dat files are different sizes for the NTSC and PAL game saves (at least the ones that I've seen anyway), so I wonder if they keys for the different region games are different.

Anyway, it would really be nice to be able to use my old save with the new game.

Cheers,

Steve