xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Morrowind Goty Modding?  (Read 1496 times)

Lepain

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

Sh*t, I transferred the 3 new merged masters to the original morrowind xbox game not the GOTY edition that I tested to see if it loaded. After I figured that out I put it in the proper spot and it loaded fine but when I started a new game I came up with a new error at Sellius Gravious where his greeting said "Mark; tribunal dialogue above." How did JayZone do it?

HomieJK1

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

How would i go about modding morrowing goty i want to start with alot of money and weapons and very strong and high stats

permanent11

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

hey i was having a lot of dialogue problems with mods using goty, the one i was using was a companion mod buddy & holly. when i would start a new game and got off the boat went through till i got to the guy who said your papers please but he wouldnt ask me for them the topic wouldnt show up, nor would fargoth ask me about his ring, caius cosades wouldnt talk to me about "report to caius cosades?". but i merged the 3 master files bloodmoon,tribunal.morrowind, then i merged the companion mod to the new morrowind.esm file and now the dialogue works fine on this mod. of course it may not work on others i dont even know if anyones has tried this.

Lepain

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

Do you mean to merge all 3 of the pc esms or do you mean merge the xbox esm with the pc bloodmoon and tribunal. I tried merging all 3 pc esms and it loaded and everything but when I got to Sellius Gravius in the Census and excise building and for his greeting it said "Mark; tribunal dialog "something""... That was when i started a new game.

Should I try again? Exactly what files should be merged? Am I missing something? When you ftp the esm to the box are you putting it in the cache or the games directory?

Not to sound like an ass but, if you use an old save to test the mods the old save already has all of the topics that you have brought discussed with certain NPCs. I used an old save and completed both of Mungfalias Cursed Books without any errors to dialogue. This was because I had already done (almost) everything with this this character and the topics were already unlocked or displayed, or whatever you wanna call it when you get a new topic for an NPC and click on it...

Anyway any more help or info into this dialogue thing will help.

permanent11

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

I MERGED ALL 3 PC ESM FILES TRANSFERED THEM OVER TO MY XBOX IT WORKED FINE FOR ME, OH AND YEAH WITH A OLD SAVE THE IF U HAVE ALREADY HAD THOSE TOPICS COME UP BEFOREHAND YEAH U WILL SEE THEM BUT IM TALKING USING A MOD FOR THE FIRST TIME A LOT OF THEM THE DIALOGHUE IS SCREWED UP BUT WHEN I MERGED IT WITH THE 3 PC ESMS I HAD MERGED TRANSFERED IT OVER AS ONE MORROWIND.ESM THE DIALOGUE WORKED FINE.AND ON ANOTHER MOD SELL & SAIL GALLEON BEFORE FOR SOME REASON IT WOULD NOT EVEN SHOW UP IN GAME ON XBOX BUT WOULD THE PC BUT I MERGED IT TO THE SAME WAY AND NOW IT SHOWS UP.

permanent11

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

OH AND I PUT IT IN THE MAIN DATA FILES FOLDER AND THE CACHE FOLDER JUST TO MAKE SURE.

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

Any progress on making mods perminent? The whole cahce thing is so damn inconvienient.

ezmoney

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

huh.gif

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (ezmoney @ Jul 14 2004, 03:44 AM)
I've taken my PC Tribunal and Bloodmoon esms and converted them to esps     Then merged both of these to my PC Morrowind esm and it works fine on my xbox       Any esp plugins seem to work     The only ones I can't seem to get to work are the ones requiring folders such as icons ,meshes etc.     Anyone had any luck with running these without the cache method? huh.gif

What'd you use to merge it? I've used TESAME to merge 'em- no go. I've tried using the TES Construction Set- no go. I have, of course, converted all three of the ESMs (Morrowind.esm, Bloodmoon.esm, Tribunal.esm) into ESPs before trying. Why not describe step-by-step how you did it?
I'd bet a pretty penny that you'd have to merge the plugins resources- icons, meshes, etc- with the main BSA file on the XBox version. There's a program that can unpack and pack BSAs, so I'd give that a shot.

ezmoney

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

I used TESTDK to convert bloodmoon and tribunal to esp format and then merged to masters with morrowind esm using TESCS          I didn't make an esp out of the morrowind esm      The only problem I had merging was a error with text strings     There was a way to change the ini to allow a "yes to all"  to bypass all the error messages in TESCS      add AllowYesToAll=1   in the ini to enable this feature   I'll look into the BSA files that might work    thanks

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

smile.gif

EDIT: BSAPACK bombs out with the message "ERROR: Hash failed validation for" if you try to unpack the XBOX GOTY BSA with it. The source is freely available here, if someone more competent than myself wants to play with it. Once we can unpack/pack the BSA, perminent Morrowind GOTY modding will be in full-force.

ANOTHER EDIT: I've found another BSA extracting utility called Extractor, it's in all Russian (get it here ). It seems to at least open the XBOX BSA file, but it also extracts pure gibberish (it's also likely I'm pressing the wrong button, as it's all in gibberish as I lack the installation of the Russian language pack on my version of XP). It also has source available (apparently), and, again, I call out to more competent people than myself. Also, you can look at an in-depth description of the technicalities of the BSA file format here. If nothing else, we may be able to hex edit the BSA file to work for BSAPACK, unless someone here can translate Russian.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: There is another BSA reader/extracter called, simply, The BSA Reader (get it, plus the source, here ). When attempting to read/extract from the XBOX BSA file, it bombs out with "non-negative number required". More info when I get it.

GUESS WHAT?: Alright, found *another* BSA extractor at this place. Reads the file, all right, but seems to pick up only gibberish. This (at least for me) confirms my suspicion (sp?) that perhaps the hash keys are stored at a different location in the BSA file than normally.

FINAL NOTE: Info about the BSA file format can be found here.

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

Good news! No need to edit the BSA file- just copy the appropriate files into the Data Files directory, and all meshes, textures, and icons added from a mod *will* work! I've only tested this with a couple mods (the Pharlan mod and the Chalk mod), but it seems to work, other than textures in DDS format don't show right (they look like rainbows). I'm sure you could convert all the DDSes to bitmaps or TGAs and it'd work, so I'm gonna give that a shot next.
Later, I'll write a dummies guide to how to do all of this. All I can say about this, tho, is it's fucking rocking!

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

Alright, found a *tiny* bug with adding new media content- i.e., icons, meshes, or textures. See, with alot of these mods, the mesh (the NIF files) refer to, say, black_hair001.tga when the texture is actually a dds file. This is no problem on the PC version, as it doesn't care about the extension, only the filename- it'll first look for the bmp version, then tga, then dds. On the XBox version, the filename to the texture referenced in the mesh *must* be absolutely correct, even the extension. So, you need to get this program called TESRenamer (available here ), follow the instructions, and it'll solve the problem for you.
Another thing, before merging the ESP files with the mega ESM, if it has new creatures that can spawn in the wilderness, you'll want to get a program that's called a Leveled List Merger (available above, or google it up). Run that on all the plugins you plan on incorporating, and then merge 'em. It should work.
I'll test all this out better over the next couple of days, and post my results. When I'm finished, I'll write up a tutorial on it and submit it. Until then, anyone aspiring to add mods themselves should be able to just follow the progress made so far and succeed just as well.
I'd also like to note that I've tried about a dozen mods so far. While I haven't really done a whole lot of playtesting, I have gone through the areas affected by various mods, and everything seems well. A word of caution, however (this applies more in this situation than normal, as reversing the installation of a bad plugin is harder than normal)- READ THE REVIEWS FOR ANY PLUGINS YOU DOWNLOAD OVER AT MWSUMMIT (OR AN EQUIVILENT SITE). If everyone says it's buggy, then it's probably not a good idea to use it. It's your time used, however, so if you really want to, go ahead.

EDIT: To clairify, DDS textures do work. My initial assumption was incorrect.

permanent11

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »

well i for some reason for  the longest time i couldnt get the xbox version of morowind.esm to load up in the construction set it would just crash after a while well now i can it pops up with a error but but it pops up with the allow yes to all yes no or cancel to allow yes to all it loads up fine now, everyone may have gotten it to load already.

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gulmor @ Jul 22 2004, 08:39 AM)
Hey dude, do I must merge the pc files or can I merge the xbox files, since I ain't got the pc version

I merged the PC ESMs... don't know how you'd do this without the PC version of GOTY. I'll look into it after I figure all this other shit out, though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13