xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Morrowind Goty Modding?  (Read 1452 times)

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »

the morrowind.ini doesn't really matter, everything in the cache directory is automatically loaded.

pahncrd

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

I wonder if their is a way to change something to load other files also.  That would be pretty cool.

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

What do you mean by loading other files?  Anything with a esm or esp extention is loaded which in turn loads all the textures, models, and sounds.  What else would you want to load?

pahncrd

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

Sorry, I meant from the actual game directory on my HDD, so that I don't have to copy them over to the cache drive all of the time.

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

That would be rather easy to fix, and have some half plans on working to correct it.  I'm not sure if I would follow up on it or not though seeing how mods don't really work that well to begin with.

pahncrd

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

yeah its proving very frustrating that all of the good quest mods don't work.

Banj

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »

Is there a way to permanently patch the esm file with the Better Bodies etc? It's a real pisser ftping the cache everytime I wanna play.

permanent1

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

theres a .bsa unpacker and packer program that lets u open the morrowind .bsa file to extract files or put files in but it only works for the pc version anybody know another program to open the .bsa file for xbox goty?

Banj

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

Just thought, you could make a backup of the Morrowing cache with all your mods on in say F: and then just use boXplorer to transfer them to Z: when you wanna play. No fuss, no muss.

JayZone

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

This fixes mods permenantly! No cacheing needed. tongue.gif

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

Really?  I surprised this hasn't been addressed before, I was even going to try some thing like it.  Have you tested this thoroughly, if not I'll look at it a little more closely.  Dialogue mods have been a complete no go, now maybe we xbox users can have a COMPLETELY moddable morrowind at last?

I'm not questioning your intelligence here, but did you make sure your cache was cleared and the old morrowind.esm wasn't still lingering about?  It's easy to do, and have done it myself once (or twice...).

I'm still not sure what the convertor does to nif and textures, having yet to see a mod that had any texture problems at all.

NightElf

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »

wink.gif

and the .bsa files each expansion has its own so i guess u would have to combine .bsa to a mega .bsa or is the GOTY xbox one will do ohmy.gif  blink.gif

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

From what was said above it shouldn't need a new bsa, the old GOTY bsa should work.  I haven't had a chance to work on this yet, so I can't say what works and what doesn't work.  Testing completely may take some time due to how large the game is.  It would suck to have a broken quest 50hours in to the game.

Noutaja

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »

blink.gif That is best mod what I ever seen. I tooked my Xbox saves to PC, and finish my game. I haven't started even main quest, and all atributes are 100  laugh.gif . If some one does not seen... http://www.freewebs.com/aerelorn/, go there and download trailer. I wish I could play that mod on Xbox. sad.gif

Lepain

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

Alright, I just merged all 3  PC masters and transfered them to the Xbox and it loaded fine. I should probably test it better to make sure that bloodmoon and tribunal both work properly. I'm tired of using the cache and not having the dialogue work... I suppose that I will try to load some mods into the regular game folders and edit the ini or maybe I'll try merging them into the master file... this cache system sucks and there must be an alternative. Too many dialogue errors (Sellius Gravius and the Census and excise office) and scripting errors... and dirty disk errors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13