xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Ndure Installer for PC 3.1  (Read 642 times)

Pacer875

• Archived User
Ndure Installer for PC 3.1
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »

Edit: If theres a way of copying all my original files back that would be epic, as i said i have them all, but just cant get to FTP access or file access through hotswapping (atleast using explorer360)

Thanks in advance!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »

xboxhdm 1.9 doesn't run from a flash drive, as you have discovered.....

You need to use xboxhdm 2.2 if you want to run from a flash drive, or if you have a PC with only one IDE port.

If you have no IDE port then you are potentially in trouble, because not all USB-IDE chipsets support ATA security features, and you need to be able to unlock then lock the disk.

Instead of using xboxhdm you could try Autobuilder 5.1. You'll have to Google to find it, but it's an evolution of xboxhdm with some new bits added. I'm not sure, but it might work better with USB-IDE adapters.

Whichever method you use, unlock the disk with the eeprom first rather than hotswapping, then relock it once you've installed the softmod.

Pacer875

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply! I figured out what had to be done eventually, thought i'd post what I did here incase anyone else had any similar issues.

Knowing I had the eeprom.bin that I had backed up when i had FTP access (thank heavens I had the sense to do that!) and also knowing the 10gb HDD was becoming faulty and slow, I decided to try my luck formatting a 160gb IDE drive I had laying about.

I used SID5 Pimpedv7 CD Edition (UnleashX) and burned it to a DVD, Disconnected the hard drives from my server and made sure the DVD drive was NOT on the first SATA connector, knowing that the software would be looking for the hard drive on the primary (I guess this is why people have conflicts with SATA drives being active in their PC's while trying to load linux) I then made sure the BIOS was trying to boot hard drive (on USB) first... I dont know if this made a difference but it worked!

The rest was easy from there as its all pretty much on screen, I made sure that I installed, added the extra partitions, and locked the drive.

As I said before, the errors I received before doing this step were:

Error 13 with all drives connected.
Error 7 with no DVD connected (guessing this is why I couldnt hot swap)

The hard drive worked well formatting and copying files on USB but was a bit slow (I used the SATA+IDE -> USB cable from Maplin Electronics)

Today I installed LED's into the Xbox Crystal and it looks LEET, also installed a USB socket into a memory card case and can run a 32Gb Adata USB stick off it... which actually works to my surprise.

Sorry to kinda Hijack this post with instructions regarding another installer disk... but I thought I'd post my findings here, Ndure looks great but its not 100% straight forward to use for absolute noobs like myself, plus someone might be looking for this exact fix for their issues.

My next task will be to make a cluster of xboxs seeing as 2nd hand shops sell them at £10! <--Absolute steal

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

I just updated the Ndure 3.0 installer to 3.1.. The main change is the Nkpatcher 11_U04.. xman954's new nkpatcher warrented a new release.. main changes are:

NKpatcher 11_U04: Better nkpatcher with more functions. This version of nkpatcher is more modular. Its possible to change LED/Video/Fan/dashboard path/Retail-Basic settings on the fly by placing runtime config files in E:\NKP11\ folder.For a better description and changelog read NKP11_U04 readme.

Basic/Retail Option: Switching between Basic and Retail is done by nkpatcher. Setup creates same set of files for both installation.

XBOXHDM Installer: Fixed xboxhdm script bugs.

Clock Check: Clock check is disabled by default. It can be enabled by selectiong "enable clock check" option in softmod and nkpatcher settings.

eeprom backup: instead of evox.. this release includes eeprom_reader by xman954.. Which will backup the eeprom in E:\NKP11\ folder.. virtual eeprom also been moved to E:\NKP11\ so just backing up the eeprom will take care of virtual eeprom.

Ndure Installer: Completely recoded. Its more flexible and esier to use. No need to select kernel separately for font and ST.DB, selecting kernel once will reflect changes on other settings.

(IMG:http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6207/nd311yb6.png)

(IMG:http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/74/nd312fd7.png)

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »

Hi,

good to hear that you made a new version of this fine softmod tool.

Did you also upgrade the Unleasx version that comes with it?

The previous version had the option to install the ndts rescue tools. Are these installed by default now?

The previous rescue dashboard was booted after a new bios was loaded with the Phoenix Bios Loader. (To disable the shadowc and the virtual eeprom). Is this still so with the xman954 eeprom reader? Or is that program always reading out the eeprom chip, even when the virtual eeprom is enabled?

If you used the C and E stock files of a updated dashboard, the previous dashboard left some stuff on the C partition. That caused the softmod to generate a disk full error when it copied the filler files to the harddisk. Has their anything changed about that? Is the virtual C partition still located on the real C partition, or did you change that location to E:\NKP11?

I know I could download the package and try it out. I could figure out most of the answers myself. I think this information is also usefull for others, and you should have the answers readily available... That's why I ask these questions here.

thanks in advance.

xman954

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »

Or is that program always reading out the eeprom chip, even when the virtual eeprom is enabled?
it reads the eeprom directly from the I2C bus (HalReadSMBusValue), but if there is a previous file "E:\NKP11\eeprom.bin" and NKPatcher is using it, the file overwrite will most likely fail (NKP write protects the virtual eeprom file)
so you will need to use the NDTS or E:\NKP11\EEPROM_off.bin to update/replace (after the first usage of the backup program)

for the advanced user it is probably best just to permanently disable the virtual eeprom
by using E:\NKP11\EEPROM_off.bin, especially if you change HDTV setting frequently

BTW Kingroach, good work on the new version
like the DDAE to xonline option, thats a new one smile.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »

Great stuff man. Pinned obviously. Is it available on xbins allready?

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »

@obcd,

yes I used the newest unleashx version..

The ndure rescue tools are installed by default now..The eeprom_backup tool is run by ndts which runs PBL.. so the virtual eeprom will be disabled..

As far as I know.. if you updated previous dashboard, they left xbox.xtf and xbox book.xtf file in the C:\root. Those are deleted ( both by the installer and xboxhdm script).. In the xboxhdm script, it copies rescue dash ( evox) to C:\shadowc\ after it copies all the files.. so even if it fails to copy there will be about 1.5MB space left in C drive..

virtual C shadowc file is in the C:\shadowc\ folder.. only the virtual eeprom location has been changed..

@krayzie.. thnx for pinning.. yes its available in the xbins.

Faffi

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(kingroach @ Sep 3 2007, 08:53 AM) *

@obcd,

yes I used the newest unleashx version..

The ndure rescue tools are installed by default now..The eeprom_backup tool is run by ndts which runs PBL.. so the virtual eeprom will be disabled..

As far as I know.. if you updated previous dashboard, they left xbox.xtf and xbox book.xtf file in the C:\root. Those are deleted ( both by the installer and xboxhdm script).. In the xboxhdm script, it copies rescue dash ( evox) to C:\shadowc\ after it copies all the files.. so even if it fails to copy there will be about 1.5MB space left in C drive..
virtual C shadowc file is in the C:\shadowc\ folder.. only the virtual eeprom location has been changed..

@krayzie.. thnx for pinning.. yes its available in the xbins.

First I would like to say that you're amazing for taking the time to keep this project updated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I installed using the an older ndure tutorial I had found but used the newest version of ndure which was a little bit confusing. I was able to do the hotswap and got everything perfect the first time through but wanted to make xbmc my main dash, this is where I kinda broke the install and after messing with it for a while just installed ndure using option 2, something about replacing C:\ files and that got it back. Now I have a couple questions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Why is there no shadowc folder in my C:\ partition and I cant write/read to it but I can still see everything in it.

Which partition is supposed to be used for movie/music storage and such, I wasn't able to find the details for each partition except for the one that was on the main unleash screen which was nowhere near the amount of room that should be free on the HD.

I'm also in the process(taking a while noone seeding) of getting slayer's rar so I can do a fresh retail install with everything and not have a weird install that I ghettorigged to work.

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »

you can copy contents of XBMC folder to E:\dash\ to make it your default dashboard.

there is a shadowc in the xbox.. when you look into c drive using ftp, you see the shadowc which has original dashboard files in it.. you can see real C if you place a file called shadowc_off.bin in E:\NKP11\ folder or run E:\ndts\default.xbe

normally there is about 4 GB E drive. There you can store some movies/games.. Also if you have a seagate hard drive, then you can format F drive to get extra 2 GB on F drive..

This post has been edited by kingroach: Sep 17 2007, 05:44 PM

Guitarzan01

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »

Awesome work bud. I've used your installer since the dawn of time. This one is smooth as glass... i just softmodded my 6 xboxes and never received an error. Your the man!

But, originally, the fan setting in the toolset would change the default fan setting, but in this one, the fan just seems to run at about 70% all the time, and only changes in the dashboard, and kicks up to 70% once i launch a game, which is a little noisy lol... Know a way to change it?

thanks

xman954

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

use E:\NKP11\FAN.BIN
use a hex editor to create a 1 byte file and FTP it to you xbox
$0A = 20%
$19 = 50%
$32 = 100%
(fan speed in % / 2 = hex value)

there's also LED.BIN and VIDEO.BIN options

This post has been edited by xman954: Sep 18 2007, 01:14 AM

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »

I made FAN.BIN for all values from 10%-100%. Download it here:

http://www.esnips.co...c65c660c650/fan

Guitarzan01

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

Awesome. Thanks again.

A video .bin? Is this for the boot up flubber? How is it coded?

This post has been edited by Guitarzan01: Sep 19 2007, 02:54 AM

BAM440

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »

Good job on comin' up with this ROach!
Runs smooth w/ no problems after i installed it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8