xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Ndure Installer for PC 3.1  (Read 643 times)

Jeroi

• Archived User
Ndure Installer for PC 3.1
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

I will try that.

I still wonder, if xboxhdm linux is someone making usb bootable version available as old ide is fading away due to SATA2.

So someone could make usb version of xboxhdm and ndure, also support for ide to sata adaptor, so that you could use xbox hdd with sata adapor on you're machine and still do the hotswap exploit.

Also honestly getting rid of this remove sata disks and use only xbox hd with cdrom bug. bootcd should work the way that it is really the same where you put your hdd on aslong te hdd is primary, and with all your else hardware connected to other ports. Xboxhdm should be aware how much harddisks you have and where your cdrom is connected without problems.

Jeroi

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jeroi @ Mar 24 2009, 06:29 PM) View Post

I will try that.

I still wonder, if xboxhdm linux is someone making usb bootable version available as old ide is fading away due to SATA2.

So someone could make usb version of xboxhdm and ndure, also support for ide to sata adaptor, so that you could use xbox hdd with sata adapor on you're machine and still do the hotswap exploit.

Also honestly getting rid of this remove sata disks and use only xbox hd with cdrom bug. bootcd should work the way that it is really the same where you put your hdd on aslong te hdd is primary, and with all your else hardware connected to other ports. Xboxhdm should be aware how much harddisks you have and where your cdrom is connected without problems.

Sorry bout that let me ask a new question:

Does ndure3.1 support xboxhdm2?

I mean on this site talk about xboxhdm2 it says I need to have eeprom. But I am doing my first mod to clean xbox, so I dont have my eebrom.bin. So can I use xboxhdm2 the same way as xboxhdm with ndure3.1? If yes, could some one point me is there any new things I need to do with this setup?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »

Does ndure3.1 support xboxhdm2?
The two are broadly unrelated. Kingroach NDURE generates a softmod file set, xboxhdm / xboxhdm2 are tools for building an Xbox disk - and can be used to put any content you like on the disk, including a Kingroach NDURE file set.

As far as I am aware you can hotswap and use xboxhdm2 without the eeprom. In fact, reading the thread, xboxhdm2 won't lock / unlock disks anyway, so the eeprom is of no real use!

prostuff1

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2009, 10:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jeroi @ Mar 23 2009, 02:52 PM) *

I dont know what I did wrong but I try to say everything here.

1. I downloaded xboxhdm1.9 and unzipped it.
2. I installed Ndure 3.1 with all options but no audio exploit and nkpatcher 0.6
3. Then I moved ndure C and E contents to XBOXHDM C and E folder
4. I made bootcd image called linux.iso
5. I did burn it
6. I then rebootet and did hit pause on system load.
7. Removed xbox dvd readers ide and power. then booted xbox with error 12, removed ide from hard disk and connectect it to pc IDE1 where cdrom is IDE1 slave (I dont have IDE2 but I have 6 sata2 ports).
8. I hit space to continue system bios bootup and linux cd did load XBOXHDM linux VGA console.

At the linux console...

It suggested to type "xboxhdm" or "xbrowser"

Both gives me this error:

CODE
looking for cd-rom in dev/hda
no disk drive found of dev/hda
looking for cd-rom in dev/hdb
no disk drive found of dev/hdb
looking for cd-rom in dev/hdc
no disk drive found of dev/hdc
no disk drive found of dev/hda
please load linux cd and try again

So what should I do? Many posts says that I need 2 IDE surfaces. But I have only 6 sata ports, and 1 IDE port.

So if the linux will load from USB stick may I try that and how should I do it?

I am getting the same message on my Abit AB9 Pro board that i am trying to use to mod my xbox.

I honestly do not know what to do from here.  I was hoping to get this all finished tonight but it looks like that will not be happening.

I have disconnected all of my drives (8 SATA ones) and turned off the SATA stuff in the BIOS.  The problem is that if i turn off the SATA controllers i can no longer boot from the CD drive.  I have to enable one of them to get it to work.  I set the SATA controller to IDE mode but that makes no difference.

I guess i will be going out and finding a very cheap and very old motherboard tomorrow unless someone can come up with a way to get this working.

Leenuks

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2009, 04:33:00 AM »

Hi there.

I have just softmodded my xbox with using this thread " Ndure Softmod Through Xboxhdm, The free way to mod the Xbox" http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263. EDIT: corrected this to the thread I actually used. SORRY!! lol

I have some issues. First it did install somewhat correctly. The installer did fail on copying and setting up the c:\shadowc folder as it couldnt find an *.img file to copy from the cd. They are there on the cd I checked.

Only file in the shadowc folder is shadowc.img. filler2.img and filler3.img as well as RESC folder are missing.

Would copying these files into the c:\shadowc folder fix this.

I cannot boot the ms dash by pressing the eject button. Jumps strait to the unleashx dash.

My next step is upgrading to a 40gig hdd i have lying about, dont need anything bigger for my needs.

Cheers.
Leenuks <--- cant believe this nick wasnt already taken.. hehehe.

Edit again: sorry if i posted in wrong thread. I really should of posted in the thread I listed above... eeeep! But it does have to do with Ndure 3.1 i guess.

This post has been edited by Leenuks: Apr 24 2009, 11:49 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2009, 06:10:00 AM »

I cannot boot the ms dash by pressing the eject button. Jumps strait to the unleashx dash.
Did you select "Install NDURE Basic" when you built the Kingroach files? If you did, you can fix it by running System - Ndure Toolset - Install Menu - NDURE Retail.

When you run File Explorer from the main UnleashX menu, can you see folders Bios and shadowC on the C partition?

Leenuks

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »

I did install the Ndure basic setup.

The bios and shadowc folders are not there.

I ran the Retail setup from the xbox. The folders then appeared. I rebooted and they vanished again.

I loaded a game and ejected it, the xbox went to MSdash. All my music is gone from the menu.

It now boots with a blue dash and a rotating logo on the left of screen, menu rotates on the right of the logo.
Much different to the first dash I saw before doing retail setup.

I tried to load the MS dashboard from the menu. I get an error which says, "Unable to launch "c:\xb0xdash.xbe." File does not exist.

Might have a corrupt install. Off to bed now but Ill take some pics tomorrow and post.

EDIT: Pressing power button loads the blue dash I mentioned above. Pressing eject now loads MSdash.

OK bedtime.

Thanks
Leenuks

This post has been edited by Leenuks: Apr 24 2009, 06:18 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »

Your Xbox is now behaving normally. The bios and shadowC folders are on the real C drive, but when you rebooted the shadow C kicked in, and they disappeared. The dash you are now seeing is UnleashX - the one you should have seen in the first place.

You have no sounds because the shadow C partition is empty, or the Audio files from the stock MS dash on the shadow C are missing. Get hold of Slayers, CASH or AID, and use Qwix to extract the stock 5960 C dash files and folders - either from Slayers:SYSTEM\All\c\, or AID:Files\Dash\ms-c.zip, or CASH:\StockFiles\c\. FTP them to your C partition, and your softmod should be complete.

Leenuks

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »

Dash sounds all work. Its my music I downloaded from CD's that are now gone. Game saves are still there though =)

Anyway thanks for your help. Now to upgrade to a bigger drive.

gearb0x

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »

G'day guys, just having some trouble with my xbox I resoftmodded yesterday, just some quick history I originally modded it around 4 years ago with the bert and ernie font pack the old fasioned way, this worked well but was buggy so at some stage I remodded it with ndure (unsure what version). Which subsequently stoped working, not sure why.

Needless to say my C partition is a mess, so I did the 3.1 install with option 2 (cleared out the hard drive). IT subsequently copied my mess of a C drive to shadow c, which was unwritable. I removed it and added a blank shaddow C and copied a fresh copy from slayers installer.

Now i have a ndure created C, and slayers un modded C in my shadow C both working fine and booting into unleash x, if I choose MS dashboard from the menu it boots up fine

My only problem is Im getting error 21 when I boot with the eject button (this used to work fine the first time I patched with ndure)

Any ideas?

Phill

gearb0x

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

Never mind, i didn't know you had to patch a complete C with ndure to use option 2, everything is working perfect now & my C/shadowc drives are nice and clean thanks for a great patcher biggrin.gif

asoftlad

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »

Just want to say thanks to kingroach for the great painfree installer, dusted off an unmodded xbox 1.6b, followed this guide loosely, thanks to Textbook (which itself borrows heavily from kingroach's own instructions) and was running unleashx in less than an hour.  cool.gif
CAUTION: The tutorial link above relates to ndure version 3.0, elements of the process have been simplified with latest ndure version 3.1.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]