xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: UDE1/UDE2 Package For Xboxhdm  (Read 801 times)

chimpanzee

• Archived User
UDE1/UDE2 Package For Xboxhdm
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2004, 04:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (katolo @ Jul 27 2004, 12:11 PM)
the reason that I didn't want to use the installer was that it didn't contain pbl-meetoo ... but now since you will insert it in the next package I guess I can wait..... One more thing... if I use the generic fonts with a kernel that have it's own files (like 5530) will it work....

you can always install some other stuff(nkpatch, pbl 1.3 etc.) using the installer then modify it afterwards. That way, the exploit part is handled by ldots.

katolo

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

yeah ... I know... but I usually do rebuild HD from scratch and let it copy all the files.... all the files on the cd are prepared byt me with all nesseceray files..... don't wanted to run UDE just for the UDE and then need to change to get pbl-meetoo to work.... can't wait for v1.4

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

sad.gif without editing the eeprom to have XBE region 1.
  • Choosing UDE1 you can choose between PBL 1.4.1, PBL Metoo, nkpatcher
  • Choosing UDE2 you can choose between PBL Metoo and nkpatcher
  • Choose between X2-4981 and Evox M8 bios (needed for v1.6).
  • If you have dashboard 4920, 5659 or 5960 there should be no need to include the update.xbe yourself (for neither UDE1 and UDE2). If a suitable update.xbe is not found in C: or in the game save dir. the installer will try to generate either the 4920 update.xbe (UDE1) or the NFL update.xbe (UDE2) from a set of patches. The generated update.xbe is checked before installing.
  • If you include the exploitable update.xbe yourself (4920 update.xbe for UDE1, NFL update.xbe for UDE2), the installer will not do any patching but only check the update.xbe is the exploitable version and continue.
  • HDD password viever changed to "Xbox Information" giving - yes! more information smile.gif
  • Remember that once installer you have the Ltools menu available to configure your setup just like with the Memcard installer. Dont uninstall it from the Ltools menu unless you have an exploitable game to re-install it though!

YoshiKool

• Archived User
    « Reply #48 on: July 31, 2004, 03:00:00 AM »

To install UDE2 on PAL xbox's you need to edit the XBE region in your eeprom to region 1.

Since you have a 1.6 xbox, you can't use configmagic so as of yet you can't use UDE2.

TraZer

• Archived User
    « Reply #49 on: July 31, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

Soo where do I find this package?! can anyone PM me?

thanks
    Saikano

Viperius

• Archived User
    « Reply #50 on: August 02, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

cool.gif

MoleX

• Archived User
    « Reply #51 on: August 10, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

After reading a metric ton I am getting an Xbox today or tomorrow.

It is
    K: 1.00.5530
    D: 1.00.5960

Virgin unmodded

What I want to do:
    Softmod using this method UDE Via hotswap
    Install 80Gb Maxtor "Lockble"

I think it goes like this:
    Prep the cd w/o eeprom
    Boot Xbox, sit, plug in IDE from PC
    Boot to CD
    UDE
    Boot back to cd and Lock?
    reconnect to Xbox
    Load new dash, backup eprom
    Prep new HD from scratch with eprom following XBOXHDM tut
    UDE
    Put new HD in Xbox
    FTP whatever I want

How does that look?

Bit worried about doing the 1st time w/o the eeprom

Thanks for any input and help, this will be my 1st soft mod

Mole

ldots

• Archived User
    « Reply #52 on: August 10, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

If you dont like installing UDE with having the eeprom you could get one of the exploitable games and retrieve the eeprom using a game save hack first.

About your recipe :
    When hotswapping you dont swap the IDE cables and then boot the PC with the xboxhdm CD. The cold boot of the PC would make the PC bios send the init command to the xbox drive causing it to relock.
    You boot the XBOX and wait till you are ready to hotswap. Then boot the xboxhdm CD and wait at the xboxhdm boot prompt. Then do the IDE cable swapping and push enter to boot xboxhdm. Once bootet run the 'detectpm' command to see if the drive is unlocked or not.

After installing UDE you dont have to lock the drive since this is hotswapping. When powering off the PC your drive will relock (since locking is not disable, different thing!).

ldots

• Archived User
    « Reply #53 on: August 10, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

CODE
    mkdir NTFS
    mount -t ntfs /dev/hdb1 NTFS
    xbrowser

On the panel where the CD content is shown you go one step back and then enter the NTFS folder. You should see your NTFS files and can transfer these with xbrowser. You can look at the xboxhdm thread on info about using xbrowser.

preludexl

• Archived User
    « Reply #54 on: August 12, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

Is the eeprom specific to the xbox or the harddrive? I'm wondering why we need to copy the eeprom from the xbox hard drive if we are going to upgrade to a larger harddisk, unless it is xbox specific vs. hard drive specific.

triggernum5

• Archived User
    « Reply #55 on: August 13, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

If I might make a request/suggestion for a future release of xboxhdm.  The ability to add more than one eeprom image to the cd would be superb..  Many ppl have more than one xbox with a softmod, and others like me manage softmods for friends.   If I could add all of their eeprom images to one cd and then select which one I want to use it would save tons of hassle..  I know it does search floppy drives for an eeprom.bin which is a sweet feature, but only needing one single cd to manage everything would be nice.  I'm thinking they could be stored in the EEPROM directory with names resembling Description_eeprom.bin.   Just a suggestion, thanks..

spawntildie

• Archived User
    « Reply #56 on: August 15, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

sad.gif  sad.gif ok...maybe im just slow, but...

i have a 1.4/1.5 xbox, i've tried EVERYTHING for the past week to try to get a softmod working....

i'm trying ldots UDE1 with different combonations of PBL 1.4 and the two bioses provided and pbl-metoo, etc...nothing will work  sad.gif

with pbl1.4 i can see the fuzzy text (i have a focus chip) and then the box just reboots, over and over again...

with pbl-metoo it just reboots, no fuzzy text (i think that's a feature of metoo?)...

if i try to boot with the eject button, i get an error 21!  sad.gif

i've done everything exactly the way it says to, and it looks like it completes successfully...but it won't work!@!@   CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!?!

Necro-File

• Archived User
    « Reply #57 on: August 18, 2004, 03:39:00 AM »

Could someone please PM the package location? Been looking for hours and I don't even have an IRC server/channel to check out.

triggernum5

• Archived User
    « Reply #58 on: August 18, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

In your structure is ROOT defined as the linux directory?  if it is then you are ok.

MoleX

• Archived User
    « Reply #59 on: August 18, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »

I am now  the proud owner of a softmodded 80gb Xbox, thanks to everyone here and on IRC.

Reading for a few days really does pay off, I only need minimal assistance for the actual process.

<3

Moley
    Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11