xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Any Mac Solutions?  (Read 1578 times)

B4tm4n

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

The only thing I'd point out is if your using VPC the usb ports report to be 1.1 and run at that speed, ok for ripping mayby not so good for burning. Don't know about bootcamp I've a PPC Mac . Not sure if its different on an intel Mac.

organiclemonade

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

Good point b4tm4n.  VPC and Parallels both have that problem of not supporting usb 2.0 (yet).  I'd much prefer to use Parallels instead of bootcamp, but I just researched it a bit and it looks like bootcamp does support usb 2.0.  

So, I'm thinking this setup might be one possible mac solution:
An intel mac running bootcamp.
NME-360 Modchip (v. 1.2) in Xbox360.
SAMSUNG SH-D162C DVD drive or a Samsung SH-D163A DVD drive for ripping (unfortunately, these are both DVD/ROM drives and neither one is capable of burning) in an external enclosure and connected to mac via usb.
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S or some other DVD drive capable of burning (NME v. 1.2 will support Pioneer 111 now), also in an external enclosure and connected via usb to mac.

I'd prefer to do things through my PPC G5, but I can't get past the first problem, which is flashing the firmware on my xbox360's samsung drive.  I've been waiting for an X360USB that will work with the samsung drive, but it doesn't look like that will be coming any time soon, if ever.  Plus, I'd still run into the problem of vpc on my g5 not supporting usb 1.1, wouldn't I?

If I get to the proposed setup above any time soon, I'll post the results.

B4tm4n

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2006, 03:45:00 AM »

I'm quite a new Mac owner and far as I understand, wouldn't it be better to connect the burning Drive via firewire ?

I have been led to believe firewire is more reliable than USB.

organiclemonade

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

You're right, firewire is faster.  I have an external enclosure with usb 2 and firewire, so I can test them both.

cyberdork33

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

do you not have a superdrive? Why can't use that to burn instead of an external drive?

FIC

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

Thats what I'm wondering. I got my 360 modded today with the latest firmware. Now its just knowing if the Matshita UJ-846 dual layer in my mac mini can infact burn games in windows (using bootcamp)

anyone know forsure? by the way, I have the hitachi drive in my Xbox360

organiclemonade

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »

I have a combo drive in my macbook, hence the external burner.  

FIC, check the compatability list or just try burning via bootcamp.  I'd be interested in finding out if it works.

cyberdork33

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

I think others have already stated that it does in fact work under bootcamp. I can speak for myself, but I do not have a Matshita drive, but rather a Pioneer DVR-K06. (Mine is an iMac with the Core2 Duo).

Start reading at Post #6 of this thread. That user got his backups to burn under bootcamp with the Matshita drive.

This post has been edited by cyberdork33: Nov 27 2006, 11:11 PM

FIC

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

Well I just burnt my first backup using CloneCD on windows via bootcamp on the mac mini. I used Memorex discs and just simply pointed clonecd to the .dvd file... hit the button and 45 mins later it works.

thanks everyone

milocoon

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

Well I`m happy to report that thanks to Cyberdork I can now burn .iso files on my mac with the layer break in the right place, it does take 40 minutes but provided you use Verbatim or Traxdata DVD+R Dual Layer (these two have given me 100% sucess so far) you`ll be ok.

A brief summary.

Install XCode, Darwin Ports, CdrTools

Download dvd+rw-tools-7.0 tar  and make these tools in the terminal, I moved them to the cdrtools folder manually.

Navigate to the .iso directory and then run this (if growisofs is elsewhere you will need to change this)

/opt/local/var/db/dports/software/cdrtools/2.01_2/opt/local/bin/growisofs -use-the-force-luke=dao -use-the-force-luke=break:1913760  -dvd-compat -speed=2 -Z /dev/rdisk2=Game.iso

rdisk is your dvd drive id, it can be 0,1, 2, 3, etc

It took me a while to work it out but you don`t need a Windows Machine and CloneCd

GISJason420

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

Ahh  it works!! smile.gif

IPB Image

Thanks for the Discovery!!!  biggrin.gif

cyberdork33

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

In the earlier posted linux thread, there are also instructions on using the bitsetting tool that you have also built in that package. This should help those of you that have the matshita drives that won't auto bitset.

sebastieng

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »

Thanks very much for the growisofs trick to burn iso on the mac, it work very good for  me.
I only have a question, until now I use "X-CD-Roast X 0.98" under X11 to make an iso image from a backuped xbox360 game.
Is there a nativ osx program able to create iso image from a backuped xbox360 game ??

Have someone already tried to do a copy of backuped game with the last toast version. I have done an image from a backup with toast and when I start toast with the image created, toast show the good layer break point. I think it was not in previous version. But I didn't try to burn until now. Has someone try ???

Thak you in advance

cyberdork33

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »

I do not understand what you mean by make an iso from a backed up game. If you backed up the game, then you should already have an image file.

Discussing making a backup of a backup is not allowed in these forums if that is what you are asking...

iudigger

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

Hey all,

I tried to use XBC on my macbook pro via Windows in bootcam and had some issues.
I'm trying to use my external enclose (IDE to USB2.0) to hold my SH-162C with Kreon for reading the diskcs, then the same enclosure with Pioneer 111d (1.29 firmware) to burn.

XBC created the images quickly and without error.  When I try to burn it goes bizarrely slow (like 55kb/sec).

Any idea's what i'm doing wrong?  Also, if I create the images with XBC can I perhaps try some other program to burn the images?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23