xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Any Mac Solutions?  (Read 1577 times)

wolfienuke

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »

getfunky

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2008, 02:23:00 AM »

sad.gif been searching for hours whether my dl dvd burner supports bitsetting. I have a hitachi 360 drive and using a intel macbook with HL-DT-ST DVDRW GWA4080MA burner using OSX tiger. Will the my mac dvd bitset? What prgram to use to burn backups....iburn or osx360 or something else? Please reply as I'm exhausted from googling for hours on end.

Benu

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #332 on: December 09, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »

what could be the rootcause of this issue:

when trying to burn using iburn or osx360 on my imac, using verbs and a checked image, it often stops/fails/says burn is complete after just one minute. ie a coaster.

what is wierd though, is if i reboot, try a few times  (killing lots of discs etc), then it sometimes works.

any thoughts on what causes the failure after one minute?

dljnyc

• Archived User
Any Mac Solutions?
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2009, 01:34:00 AM »

I recently flash my Hitachi 47 drive with iXtreme 1.4 with no problems. I have not had a chance to get the recommended Verbatim DVD+R DL but I had some memorex DVD+R DL laying out. I tried burning a backup ISO on my PC using a NEC 3530a with ImgBurn  and I got nothing but I/O errors. After searching the forum, I found that it could be the burner, the blanks, or both.

So I jumped on my late model 2008 Mac Book Pro, installed iBurn360 and copied the iso (confirmed iXtreme and Stealth on the PC before burning on the mac) and it burned with no problem. The mac was able to read the disc (DVD Player loaded with a short animation then telling me to enter the disc inside a xbox 360) and I continued to try it out on the 360 but the 360 did not read it on my Hitachi 47 drive.

I'm trying to figure out if its the burner or the blanks that I am using or something else. Did I miss something?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]