xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees  (Read 806 times)

pingrr

• Archived User
Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Staple @ Mar 31 2005, 11:09 PM)
yea i thinks its pretty stupid to pay for 9 maps halo 2 sucks anyways who cares  beerchug.gif

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

he just wants attention. and post count.

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Staple @ Apr 1 2005, 12:09 AM)
yea i thinks its pretty stupid to pay for 9 maps halo 2 sucks anyways who cares  beerchug.gif

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

Guys, guys guys. Its not the twenty somolians..its the point that has me aggravated.

M$ has made an incredible amount of mullah off this one game, and still seeks to make more, more, more.

M$ will offer the maps for free, eventually. But they know the biggest demand for the maps will be when their first released, that's why their charging money.

I feel M$ has made their profit, which their entitled too, but its now time to offer player perks and stop trying to squeeze every last nickel they can outta of a game they already made millions upon millions.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »

Nothing is free in life, don't like it go live on the god damn street and don't buy shit.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

I have a modded Xbox, and I don't have Live.  If I want to play online, I go for XBC.  In my eyes, just as good as live, because it's free and you can play backups and can't get banned.  No downloadable content, so what?  I will say that Bungie and MS have made a really smart move with the disc.  If they did not make the disc, I would be shit out of luck, because I don't have Live.  Of course, I probably won't pay for the disc, because I know somewhat at my lunch table will cough up the $20 for it.  Why buy it when you can "borrow" it?  Well, I guess I am lucking out here.  I don't have Live, but I can still play Halo 2 online through XBC.  I can still get the maps and fixes through a disc.  I don't have to pay for the disc because I know somebody else will.  No complaints from me, I'm Happy!

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Apr 2 2005, 12:24 AM)
Guys, guys guys. Its not the twenty somolians..its the point that has me aggravated.

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Apr 2 2005, 06:24 AM)

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(h34d5h0tz @ Apr 2 2005, 02:33 PM)
who r u 2 say that they made all the profit they should? y would u miss a chance 2 get more money? if u were is M$ place, i garrentee that u would do sumthin similar.

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

yea this is the halo2 expansion. expansions for pc arnt free, rainbowsix blackarrow wusnt free. every1 who thinks this should b free doesnt understand marketing or is under the impression that if they already bought the game, they should get this expansion for free because of that. get over it.

Blackcat

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(ATrillionaire @ Apr 3 2005, 08:10 PM)
I still don't see how anyone could be angry over a price tag.  Angry?  Things cost what they cost.  You can either buy them or not.  I mean, who ever heard of buying a Command and Conquer game at Wal Mart, then 6 months later, you go back, stand in line, and receive your free expansion disc.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

So from your model blackcat, if another game offers DLC, it should automatically be free from the start no matter what because other game devs are doing it.

So does your theory also apply if a different game came out for $20 with DLC. Do YOU think that Halo2 should also have been released with an MSRP of $20 instead of $50 or $55 for the special edition box because the other companies are selling their games at a lower price point? Should MS have sold off Halo2 for $20 or even $10 because you feel that $50 MSRP is too high and that their devs have already been paid enough?

Maybe YOU missed MY post. The content will eventually be FREE.  If you don't want to wait for it to become free, then pay up the small premium ($20 for the disk and even less for the actual DLC). Otherwise, nobody is forcing you to pay for the new maps. Again, the patches will be FREE from the start and so will the actual maps in the summer.

Would I have been happy if they released all of the maps for FREE from day 1 when they become available? Hell yeah! But am I going to complain around the fact that they decided to make a profit on a marketshare that is obviously there for them to utilize. HELL NO! Yet you call me a “retard” because I’m willing to make a CHOICE to purchase a product that I want to support?

Hypothetically speaking, if a Halo 1 expansion pack came out that provided new official maps, how much would you pay?

Face it people. MS is leaning towards the pay as you go system for DLC and premium content. Look at what they had proposed for XBOX2 and it’s Live services. They’re proposing that you pay for premium content as you go; like paying a couple extra $ to get special rims for your car, or skins/outfits for your characters.

Bottom line is MS/Bungie has decided on this route quite some time ago. Whining about it now on the internet after their plans have been publicly released and set in motion will do nothing to change it.

BTW: xboxbox451, I commend you on your morals of not overcharging your potential customers.  The opensource community would gladly welcome you in their arms.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

well said...

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

Well said....

gcskate27

• Archived User