xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees  (Read 803 times)

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2005, 02:09:00 AM »

blink.gif

Blackcat, you seem very adimant that you hate Halo2 and the DLC fees. If you want to change it, good luck to you. I'm sure an internet petition page will help change MS and Bungie's mind.

Like adodikan said, we're all going to have differing opinions. So we'll just leave it at that. In the meantime, I'll go with my original plan. Download the 2 free maps and buy the 2 pay maps at the end of this month so I can spend more times with my friends who I enjoy playing H2 with. And then also buy the actual expansion disk when it's released.  laugh.gif

Blackcat

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2005, 02:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(-FourDoor- @ Apr 5 2005, 08:15 AM)
How are calling people "retards" a well said statement.???  blink.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(adodikan @ Apr 5 2005, 12:34 AM)
The game is broken and unfinished. Bungie stated them selves that things were removed because they ran out of time. With all the glitches and defying physics I think noone can say the the game is not broken.

ok maybe im thinking to much about this, but there will never be a non-'broken and unfinished' game... how many people play halo2? millions, a fairly sizable chunk of the gaming community... now in that group there will be people trying to find bugs, glitches, workarounds to do things, not nec cheat, but explore what can be done... by the sheer size of the halo2 community the subset that trys to find glitches and secrets in halo2 (many who carried over from haloce) will be much larger than any other game... now unless bungie had employeed every halo player as a beta tester, theres no possible way they could find all the bugs that this huge community has...

its not as though every other game is perfect, its that they havent been explored to the extent that the halo's have... the only glitches that bungie should have def checked for and prevented was the dropped packets/standby and the flag through certain walls... thats it... everything else is a highly bizarre situation that you wouldnt come across in a normal game, and is easily missed if you dont know what to look for (hense, missed in testing)... who wouldve thought, 'hey i wonder what would happen if im an elite and i exit/melee the passenger seat of a warthog?'... surely its reasonable to see why that was missed...

you never hear anyone complain about the glitches in haloce (and there were plenty) but you add a ranking system and everyone throws a tantrum...

in conlusion, those that say the game is 'broken and unfinished' have obviously never programmed anything let alone know anything about programming theory or game development...

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Apr 5 2005, 10:31 AM)
ok maybe im thinking to much about this, but there will never be a non-'broken and unfinished' game... how many people play halo2? millions, a fairly sizable chunk of the gaming community... now in that group there will be people trying to find bugs, glitches, workarounds to do things, not nec cheat, but explore what can be done... by the sheer size of the halo2 community the subset that trys to find glitches and secrets in halo2 (many who carried over from haloce) will be much larger than any other game... now unless bungie had employeed every halo player as a beta tester, theres no possible way they could find all the bugs that this huge community has...

A_Guy

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

It has been said over and over again already, but I'll say it again.  Don't buy the maps if you don't want to/don't have the money.  They'll be free.  If you can't wait 5 months (Give or take) for a map to come out (Which, I'm quite sure, none of you could design anything like it) then pay for it.  Simple as that.  For those of you that don't have Xbox Live and are complaining we get it cheaper, in my opinion you guys are getting the better deal.  Your getting all the maps, plus some other media thing for a couple bucks more.  

About the glitches, many games have many more glitches (take Vice City for example), It's just that the people looking for them on Halo 2 is about 10x more than Vice City.  It, statistically, is obviously glitches are going to be found; and bungie has already stated many of them (Even the sword flying glitch) will be fixed in the next patch.

Fact: If you were the CEO of MS Gaming, you'd make the people pay too.  Don't even lie to me that you wouldn't, it's money that drives anyone to do anything.

Fact: The maps will free.

Comment: BlackCat, if the game is so terrible, why do you have Xbox Live to play it on?  And, If you really hate it as much as you say you do, film you breaking the disc in half, or take a picture of it snapped it half.  Most likely (If you reply to this) You would say "Oh I paid $50 so I'm not going to break it" or "Live is ok except for standbyers so I will keep it" or something to that effect; These are all ways to derail from the fact you like the game and cannot bring yourself from getting rid of it.  Sell it on Ebay for all I care, just get rid of it.  It will overall improve your mood (Which has been negetive thus far) and keep other people from argueing with you.

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(esc1 @ Apr 5 2005, 11:55 AM)
Excellent point there in the bold.  The rank system has been the downfall of Halo2 on Live so far, to say the least, since standbye.

View Post

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

It doesn't keep it fun at all.  Everyone is a stat whore and people cheat b/c of it.  I have way more fun playing h2 on syslink with my friends that suck.  They have fun too.  Theres lots of fun to be had in custom games on live also.  

I disagree with your statement for a reason that just hit me.  There really isn't all that much difference in the skill of halo players.  50 different levels of "skill" isn't needed at all really.  To be reasonable I think you could break the skills down to about 5 different levels.  Granted there are not totally 50 different levels, since those within certain groups play players of less or more rank in certain subgroups, but there still isn't the need for 50 levels.  I could word that better, but I'm at work and don't have the time, but I hope you see what I mean.  

The online rank tracking is cool, but I think people obsess about it too much.  Maybe if it didn't show how much people were leveling up or down and broke the rank down to 1-5 or something, there wouldn't be so much drive to cheat.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(A_Guy @ Apr 5 2005, 02:39 PM)
It has been said over and over again already, but I'll say it again.  Don't buy the maps if you don't want to/don't have the money.  They'll be free.  If you can't wait 5 months (Give or take) for a map to come out (Which, I'm quite sure, none of you could design anything like it) then pay for it.  Simple as that.  For those of you that don't have Xbox Live and are complaining we get it cheaper, in my opinion you guys are getting the better deal. 

View Post

Gizmo111

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »

I eat little infant babies.

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

Are you guys still bitching about this? It's a game! The enjoyment/satisfaction you get out of it is based upon the individual, 100% opinion. The only fact is that it cost money to make, the developer and publisher want to make a profit so they'll charge what they can to recoupe the cost of development/publishing/marketing/etc and to make a certain level of profit. This way they can "grow" their business and make their investors happy.

As far as the dlc fees go, same thing ... it costs money to make and maintain this stuff. They want to cover their costs and potentially make a profit, which will encourage them to continue supporting their product. The pay-to-play content will be free by the end of summer, so it's not like xbl subscribers will be left out in cold.

Personally, I like the game. Depending on the quality of the updates, I may purchase the additional maps to encourage the developers to continue supporting the game rather than relying on hobbyists to modify current maps, gametypes, etc.

If you hate the game, why are you playing it? If you can't afford it, wait for it or mow some lawns/wash some cars/ask your friends for a couple bucks/whatever. Bitching never solved anything.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(poiygon @ Apr 5 2005, 04:09 PM)
Are you guys still bitching about this? It's a game! The enjoyment/satisfaction you get out of it is based upon the individual, 100% opinion.

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Apr 5 2005, 03:48 PM)
Fact: M$ is charging for an item that will be free in time. Am I the only one that sees the lunacy in this marketing scheme. As a consumer I would be ticked that M$ wants to take my money for an add-on then offer it for free a few months later.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2005, 08:42:00 AM »

First off, bungie stated right in its update that they are not in charge of Marketing, MS is

Secondly, MS would be stupid not to charge for these maps, Its called supply and demand, Take a grade 12 economics class and you would understand why they are charging for these maps. Id RATHER free maps, but this isnt comunism people, MS can charge what they want.

Third off, The people that complain about paying 20 dollars on a game, are probally the same people that Pirate like 3 games a day, but went out and bought Halo 2. Now they are pissed that they have to spend 20 more dollars on the game OH NO! Im sure the 40+ games you have stolen since November 9th will even out the 20 bucks kids

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Apr 5 2005, 10:28 PM)
Post back when you gain a deeper insight to the topic at hand.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2005, 02:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(broadd @ Apr 8 2005, 01:04 AM)
- the number of maps Halo 2 came with in the first place was on the average side, and there seems no reasonable explanation for not including more of the Halo 1 and Halo PC maps in the first place.

most of the halo1 maps wouldnt work well with the new weapon set, and they didnt want to remake all the old ones as peopl WOULD have complained "why not new maps instead of old"?

- it's Bungie/MS' choice to incur the development costs because they don't release map editing tools to the community to make their own maps as a labor of love, which could then be distributed by Bungie. In other words, if we want different maps, we have little choice but to buy them from Bungie; which disadvantages Xbox players over PC players who can access the multitude of quality free maps developed by gamers for PC games.

this argument makes NO sense whatsoever: think about it a bit more and youll see why... that or some other logical person can come along and explain it to you, im too tired...

- if you do buy all the maps online in order to get them early, you should be able to get a voucher entitling you to a discount purchase of the disc when it comes out, as otherwise people are going to be paying $20 twice to get all the content.

you would only be paying for an additional 2 maps early, the next wave of dlc and the disk come out the same day, youd be an idiot to dl them and then go pay for the disk later that day...

- I have no idea of MS pockets all the income from Live subscriptions, but I think a better system would be for the producers of popular games to get a commission from that income and used that to fund new content.

while the companies put forth the games that get the players online, they do nothing to keep up the servers, so why should they get a kickback to fund devlopment for additional game items thatll cause more strain on the servers which they dont run?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8