xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees  (Read 805 times)

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees
« on: March 25, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

Your clearly an idiot who didn't read what they said, they would EVENTUALLY make the maps free therefore they didn't lie. That's more of a white lie, nothing serious. If your not gonna pay then don't bitch, find alternatives PSP, GC, PS2, etc...

notsodiseased

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »

1st. Your entitled to your own opinion and you presented yourself pretty flame free and understandable.

2nd. Its 20$ Get a job. 20$ is not a lot of money for ANYONE. If your too young do some yardwork. If your old enough to work then you should have a job anyway.

3rd. You are getting some free maps. No one ever said everything from now till Halo2 is no longer supported will be free. I agree with Frankie. We have to pay so everyone (even those WITHOUT xbl) can at some time buy the dvd and get all the levels. I fully intend to purchase all the maps via xbl AND buy the dvd (mostly for the side story cinematic).

So if you want to buy the new levels, then do so. If you dont, then be a dick to everyone else and dont. beerchug.gif

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

I understand your anger, I'm quite pissed off too but I'm going to pay the fee anyway so I can get the maps earlier, rather than waiting for them to be free. You have to view it from their standpoint though, a lot of people aren't actually paying for Xbox Live, most are just running strictly off of free subscriptions. Even if you do pay for a whole year its not much money(around $60 for a WHOLE YEAR these days isnt it? Also, only $5 for a month). Imagine the money it takes to maintain Xbox Live's servers and all that crap. Also, these developers have to make money at some point, of course, Bungie did sell(and are still selling) millions of copies of Halo 2, but it still takes a lot of resources to pump out the content they are going to give us. All I can say is suck it up and pay the dough for the content or $20 for the disc. If your smart you can get some buddies to just chip in and you can share the disc.

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »

nothing in life is free son. were is bungie suppose 2 get money from if they make evreything free? and does bungie really have that much money? like compaired 2 companies like ubisoft? dont compair with EA, they r bitches. anyways, at the end of the summer, these maps will all b free. they r releasing probably 2 maps at a time, in a time span of april untill end of summer. so either b patient or stop being cheap.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »

rundown

Late April – Two maps released for free over XBL
Same Day – Ability to purchase two more additional maps for $6
June 28th – The Expansion Disk will be released for $20 or you can download the remaining maps from XBL for $12.
End of Summer – All maps will be released for Free if you wish to wait. (I won’t)

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »

nice, i can save 2$ by dling the maps.  i can use on crack, that i can  use while playin the new maps blink.gif
actualy i might buy the disc if the extra cinamatic stuff is worth it. probably gona explain the story more.

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blackcat @ Mar 25 2005, 10:34 PM)
They are milking this thing and raping us. Well I'm not gonna sit by and watch this happen...

View Post

basso4735

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 07:55:00 AM »

ok, i dont know if this was in the weekly update, but here goes. Say you didnt buy the maps that cost money, will these maps come up in matchmaking and say you failed to load the map or something?

chittnp

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

the way they said it int he weekend update is that if you dont have the maps...it just wont put you in games on the new maps...I'm not sure how its gonna work, but it should be interesting. I must say that I was a little dissappointed that bungie has made us wait this long and then is charging for some of the maps...but whatever....I will pay to download the maps, then I will most likely buy the disc as well becasue it will have all the updates and all the maps, which is good news for my modded xbox. Im also looking forward to the cinematic stuff.

I think this whole situation shows just how far online console gaming has to go before its in the same league as online PC gaming. I remember playing UT2003, and all the user made maps and even the official releases.....you got new maps all the time...some of them were awesome...some were crap....but they were free and frequent.It also didnt cost anything to play...you just had to pay for your internet connection. its not that the $5 a month for live is gonna break the bank, its just that when you add everything up...the cost of live, all the maps...for all the different games, well....it can get a little expensive.

I would really like to see some kind of map editor for halo2 like there is for timesplitters...I'm looking for ward to the user created content aspect of Xenon more than anything else

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

theres going to be a separate 'premium playlist' for those with the maps... theyll be integrated in actual matchmaking when they become free...

@ original poster, you havent thought it through logically... you arent entitled to anything free because of a small initial investment... if that were the case then devs would never have any time to make new games, theyd constantly be working on updates for old ones till they went bankrupt, seeing as it should be free right? id highly suggest using logic, its a very helpful reasoning tool...

bigjonny

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

halo is rated M so if u cant get a job or get money cause ur 11 then dot play halo.  this should be no problem if ur not a little kid.  but by they way if u buy the disk couldnt u just pass it around ur friends and get the maps on as many boxes as u want for 20 bucks.  i just thought about this last night when i read the update.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

You guys should be ticked M$ is chagrin even more money for a totally inflated game. How dare they re-organize existing code, then slap a $20.00 price tag on it to get more money for little effort. And don’t go blowing smoke up my ass with “these maps will be free come summer.” Anyone saying that must be a M$ droid. Do you think a dedicated Halo player is going to sit by three months, watching everyone play the new maps, and wait for them to be free? Hell no! M$ knows this, but they state they’ll be free so one can bitch that the original issues cost money.

As Halo 2 players you should be rewarded for your overwhelmingly dedication in supporting the Halo 2 project. Instead your being spoon fed crap and saying “mmmmmm, thank you, here’s $20.00. May I have more please?”

Did M$ subliminally mix some hypnotic message with their Halo 2 cover art. I can’t understand why you guys aren’t bitchin that your being taken advantage of, instead of being rewarded.

M$ has profited like no other from the sales of this game, not to mention the spin-off sales of other related Halo markets such as:

Xbox Live subscriptions
Xbox Collector Systems
Xbox Action Figures
Xbox Consoles
Xbox Misc. Merchandising

Between all the income from the markets I mentioned above, plus stand-alone Halo 2 sales, M$ has probably grossed well over $600 Million. That’s an incredible amount of money for a video game. Think about it, how many people do you think were involved in this project? Not many, and yet their profits have exceeded car sales in some markets.

How much does M$ want to profit off a product that cost so little produce.

WHERE ARE THE CONSUMER REWARDS???

Blackcat

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(chittnp @ Mar 26 2005, 04:47 PM)
the way they said it int he weekend update is that if you dont have the maps...it just wont put you in games on the new maps...I'm not sure how its gonna work, but it should be interesting. I must say that I was a little dissappointed that bungie has made us wait this long and then is charging for some of the maps...but whatever....I will pay to download the maps, then I will most likely buy the disc as well becasue it will have all the updates and all the maps, which is good news for my modded xbox. Im also looking forward to the cinematic stuff.

chittnp

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »

here's an interesting line from an article that was in USA Today's money section a few weeks ago, I cant remember exactly when because I cut the article out... " Hefty sales of the Halo 2 Alien zapping video game helped the software giant to register its first quarterly profit from its line of home entertainment products."

MS has Sold well over 6 million copies of Halo 2...so If even 25% of the people who bought it pay for the disk...MS will make another $30 million dollars...and thats only the people who buy the disc...I think there is a slight discount for people who actually download....so even if I use the most conservative numbers I can think of realistically...M$ is going to make at least another $50 million from the DLC and sales of the disc alone....now anyone who doesnt think that we're getting screwed over from that deal raise your hand. as far as bungie saying that it costs sooo much to develope the maps and have the DVD pressed.....I doubt it comes anywhere close to even $5 million.

bigdawg10163

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

i mean i am not gonna lie, i am not too happy about the $20 fee....yes i am a grown man and yes i do have a job and yes i am gonna pay it, but i mean after the 50 dollar halo investment and 50 for xbox live and now 20 for the update its gotten a bit steep to play halo....nevertheless i will be getting that update cuz pretty soon i will need halo directly fed to me through a tube....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8