xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Is There Still Interest In Xbmc?  (Read 582 times)

eH9116

• Archived User
Is There Still Interest In Xbmc?
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »

I only recently got into the new XBMC after I finally got the balls to solder down my matrix chip (I've never soldered before) and installed the new XBMC. Anyways, I created this poll to see if there is still any interest in development here, or if people have really started to move onto other projects or consoles.

This post has been edited by xboxbox451: Oct 7 2007, 12:42 AM

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

tons of people use XBMC .. go here .. www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/ ..

i can only vote once but i have at least 15 to 20 family / friends that use XBMC everyday .. out of those i'd say 5 of them so far have canceled their cable / sat tv because of it .. XBMC is the best media center their is and i know i will use it for a long time ..

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

I to have cancelled My direct tv as well. XBMC will live on for as long as there is an xbox that still powers up.

shizzle01

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »

As far as skins go, most can be downloaded from the SVN. It's an excellent system as you can get up-to-the-minute updates whenever you want them, and an SVN client only downloads those files that have changed since the last version.

For XBMC Scripts, we have, well... XBMCScripts.Com.

And there's also a site somewhere which has a ton of wide icons. MediaIcons or something like that, never payed it much attention myself...

Even if XBMC development were to stop today, it would be years before people stopped downloading it, perhaps decades before it fell out of use entirely. We're talking award winning software here!  laugh.gif

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 02:37:00 AM »

YES !!!!!!

I love this project and will follow it to the end.  I can't wait for the next release, and look forward to xbmc linux for HD.

I have 4 xbmc xbox's in my house all at 720p, and many friends and family have them too.

right now I'm using pm3mod skin

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=615237

LOVE the modern home screen, slightly darker shades, and better amimations. .. I'd love for Jezz-x to incorperate alot of these mods into the standard pm3 skin . ..

XBMC is awesome, not sure what i'd do without it smile.gif

sheepie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »

yes alot of my friends and relatives have gone otu got a xbox and it only for xbmc,
anyone that sees my xbmc with tis wide icons and good gui and they imediatly ask alot about it. only thing that has put a handful off is lack of HD play back thou it upscales quite well. is the lack of pvr option.

the linux port will help it evovle when it comes out

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(eH9116 @ Oct 4 2007, 06:35 PM) View Post

I only recently got into the new XBMC after I finally got the balls to solder down my matrix chip (I've never soldered before) and installed the new XBMC. Anyways, I created this poll to see if there is still any interest in development here, or if people have really started to move onto other projects or consoles.

My thought would be that if I was new to the forum I'd wait a bit before posting a somewhat poorly worded and possibly offending poll.

Lots of people have very keen interest but aren't exactly set up to work and develop new content.

Illumi.Naughty

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

I know at least 20 people who need another option "Yes, I use XBMC everyday, without it life is incomplete"

There is a ton of regular users who dont vote on this pole (including myself) simply because this pole wasn't well thought out.

Martomo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »

I think he means if there is still interest in new content/features for XBMC, also you can see someone else has edited his post, for all we know he softmodded his xbox...

Anyway people use XBMC every day and it's getting better by the second, people are still working on making it better and the community is working on skins, themes and so on, i would say people are still interested in XBMC, but everyone knows that tongue.gif

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

At first his post was asking whether it'd be worth setting up a website for skins and scripts and the like, and contained a link to his current site.

The first mod edit removed the link, the second mod edit removed the website idea completely.

Zapata

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

There is no appropiate choise in this poll, XBMC is the central hub in my HT(PC) setup, i'm using it everyday, my main use is with lossless media and i have totally eliminated the need for any CD's or DVD's thanks to XBMC.

In short, XBMC will live as long as there are Xbox1's around.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

Metalor

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

What a bunch of idiots. "OOOOOOh it is his first post and worded poorly and I find it mildly offensive (OMG DID HE JUSt SAY TEH 'Balls'?!?!?!"

Get over yourselves.

Sorry to the people who weren't acting like spoiled little children, I just though I'd point out the pettiness in some of the replies I read.

spaz7986

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »

i agree with the above ^^^

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

As has been pointed out, his original post has been edited.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5