xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ftp Using Internet Explorer  (Read 184 times)

majik655

• Archived User
Ftp Using Internet Explorer
« on: January 11, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »

this works great for me..

I use a dlink router...
windows xp (firewall off)
evox 3285
x24976.02 LBA

anyway this is a TON faster transfers!  I mean REALLY REALLY fast... waaay faster for me then my normal 6mg/s transfer I usually get in flashfxp to xbox.   has to be like at least twice as fast.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 05:22:00 AM »

I just wanted to add this to this thread:
Here is more information on how to enable or disable PASV in internet explorer:

How to Change the Internet Explorer FTP Client Mode
To change the Internet Explorer FTP client mode:
Start Internet Explorer.
Click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click Enable Folder View for FTP sites.
Internet Explorer is an Active mode FTP client when you select the Enable Folder View for FTP sites option (no matter what the Use Passive FTP Option says).

Internet Explorer can be enabled for a passive mode FTP client when you clear this option.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »

This is relevent to this thread... just an update for people who use browsers to ftp to their xbox...FTP browser news.

MonopolyGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »

Well i've followed all the instructions, pinged successfully. But when I goto FTP with browser I get back an error message about permisssions? And something about making sure i've typed filename correctly.
I've checked the FTP section in the XboxSettings/info

FTP
Enable            YES
Password        xbox
ingame reset   YES

I havn't changed any other settings in the xbox apart from the ip address thing as  ph34r.gif it says in setup post.
The only thing I can think of is maybe the username xbox is wrong? is there a way of checking that?

am I screwed? blink.gif

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

try reading the tutorial in my sig to verify you have all the correct settings.  also maybe just connect to http://<xbox_IP> like that then you should get a pop up prompting you for user and pass.  And no the username is always xbox and can't be changed.

seglda

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

Alright, mine is a weird story.

I connected successfully to my Xbox through the crossover cable my first try, I then unplugged the cord from the back (with the power off) and ran it along my wall so it wouldn't be in the way. Now I can't connect for the life of me, EvoX displays 0.0.0.0 but my PC detects when I turn the Xbox on and off and says "Network Cable Unplugged"

Also, I am on XP.

Before I unplugged it the Xbox was on 192.168.0.4.

I have two network cards in my computer, I use one for the internet (through my router) and one for my Xbox.

Any ideas?

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

You could have messed up the cable running it through the wall.  try another one to see if it works, if it doesn't then it is probably a setting.  Run an ipconfig /all on your computer dos prompt and post that here.  But my first bet would be a damaged cable.

seglda

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

user posted image

^ My ipconfig window. ^

evilocity

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (psycho_clown25 @ Jan 9 2004, 03:40 AM)
This may help someone.  I just played with every setting you can imagine and I finally found out what was wrong with my setup.  My xbox's default IP was 192.168.100.10 and it wouldn't let me change it.  Anyone having problems just check and be sure the THIRD set of numbers is the same on both your xbox and pc.  And if it's different, it would probably be better to change your pc's ip and not your xbox's.  Hope that helps.

w00t!!

After messing with this damn thing for three days, this did the trick!!

My Xbox default IP was the same as yours, switched the third set of numbers and BAM! Connected through FlashFXP with no problems  smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks for your input

cool.gif

IDukecol

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

Hello.

English is not my firts languaje, but i'll try to explain my problem.

I have had a lot of problems trying to connect my xbox to my pc so I write for your help ...

I accidentaly "renewed" the original Operative System of my xbox while playing a game (driv3r), but i damaged my "EvoX" Operative System. I know that I must change a file in my X-Box 's HD to fix the problem, but i just can't connect my xbox to my pc.

I downloaded and installed FlashFXP and tryied everything that you point in this forum but i cant establish a connection. How can i fis The "EvoX" OS ???

massiah

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »

Sup' evrybody...I try to read therefore ...very limited posting on forums... I just belive that my time is better served learning...until this issue...I have read the guide on networking my xbox...but just like many others ,for the life of me it doesn't work. I can connect my xbox to my pc directly with a crossover flawlessly but, my modem has a built-in router with 5 ports. I can't get it to work this way...so that I can continue to DL and FTP at the same time. I have Business Class Road Runner (one nic card) with two static IPs(3M/down:512K/up) need to figure this out..because before I checked the size on the new ESPN NFL 2K5...my comp was going to be offline for 5-7 hrs FTP'ing those files to my hard drive. Help please and thank you!!!! sad.gif

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

To the Guy above me.

router should be in NAT mode
set your router to DHCP
turn off MS internet firewall (Learn how to open port 21)
set evox to static IP True
fttp yes
username: xbox
password: xbox

Example of setup for you:

PC (nic)
IP:192.168.0.2
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Subnet:255.255.255.0
DNS "Primary":192.168.0.1

Router
IP (LAN):192.168.0.1
DNS: "Provided by ISP"

Xbox
IP:192.168.0.3
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS 1:192.168.0.1
DNS 2:Provided by ISP

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

I took care of as many as I could... but they are endless.  I remember when you were posting like 30 times a day.  Then you just dropped off and disappeared.  I have not yet forgiven you...  smile.gif

neoelitevirus

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

ok i had no problems at all connecting, but one question! i can see the files and download them, but can i upload files this way to my xbox, and if so how do i do it?

bhuvidx

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

cant we connect xbox without evox or anyother dashboard?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4