xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Ftp Using Internet Explorer  (Read 185 times)

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Ftp Using Internet Explorer
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2003, 05:39:00 PM »

How come i see so many posts about people turning off their firewalls? I guess its a good troubleshooting step but damn if you care enough to even have a firewall you should care enough and learn how to configure it properly to NOT have to shut it off.  I run zonealarm and i never shut it off.  This is my story...

Schweeze

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »

How come i see so many posts about people turning off their firewalls? I guess its a good troubleshooting step but damn if you care enough to even have a firewall you should care enough and learn how to configure it properly to NOT have to shut it off.

It's not that people have a firewall... it's the fact that when FlashFXP is installed, a lot of times the 'use firewall' box is checked, with no information filled in...

it's a very good troubleshooting step that most people don't notice.. that's why so many people say to check it.

Max_Payne

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »

Alright, I skimmed through the thread to see if anyone else had this same problem: My X-box seems to lock up or freeze when I use IE for the FTP and I have to reboot afterwards. Right before it it freezes and screws up, instad of the usual "Copying files..." Message to come up, a different message "Calculating time to tansfer files...", after that being displayed for about 5 or so minutes, it then times out.

I'm only fair at soldering and didn't have much money on me at the time so I Modded my X-box using the Audio Exploit. I was wondering if this may have anything to do with it messing up. I have Evox loaded on the box also.

If you have no idea what's wrong that's alright, I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

This is why most people will use FlashFXP.  but the explorer way should still work but what version of evox you have? you might want to try changing that.

Max_Payne

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2003, 01:28:00 PM »

As for what version Evox it says "RemoteX V1.9.3752".

I'm thinking it's freezing is having somehing to do with my dial up connection, because after trying a few different things through trial and error I figured it must've been linked to it.

When my dial up modem disconnects, and I try to send something to the box, it pops up "Calculating time to transfer files..." and then times out.

Just a question, wanna help me out just a bit by directing me to a place that'll tell me how to change to a newer Evox version, could you?

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2003, 09:24:00 AM »

thats what i use and have used. IMO it is the best way to FTP.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]