xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ftp Using Internet Explorer  (Read 182 times)

Xeero

• Archived User
Ftp Using Internet Explorer
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2003, 07:16:00 AM »

Don't you have to disable PASV in the IE settings as well?  I would think you'd have to.

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2003, 07:30:00 AM »

By default in IE passive is usually turned off.  If you want to check go into your internet options and it is in the browser settings section.  Make sure it is unchecked.

Passive FTP which is sometimes referred to as PASV FTP is an additional ftp command used instead of a PORT command.  It is a more secure form of data transfer which is requested by the client (pc) and must be enabled on the server (xbox).  From my knowledge I don't think that evox's ftp server is setup to use passive ftp connections so you will need to turn off passive on any ftp client.

choogler23

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

I followed your instucktions and sent 4 and recieved 0. When I try to ftp I get connection failed(no route host). Please help.

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »

Are you direct connecting via crossover cable or patch cable and hub/switch?

flying_monkey

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

direct through a crossover cable

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

If you need help on this topic PM or email me.

beecham

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2003, 01:01:00 AM »

I followed the instructions as stated and it still times out. No  error message it just simply times out.

flying_monkey

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »

do you need diferent ip address's as in  your tutorial, or is it a typo.

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

xbox and pc must have different ip addresses.  Any two or more networking devices on the same network have different addresses.

Many people are having issues with XP as well.  Make sure firewall is turned off.  I hope to isolate any additional problems with XP's networking properties.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »

MXM works through FTP with IE, PASV on or off.

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2003, 07:46:00 AM »

Thanks BenJereremy, sorry I forgot to mention that.  I know that mostly noobs look at this thread, and most noobs start with evox.  

I would like to mention that BenJeremy has done some great work to provide us with his MXM Dash.  I will say it is a step up from evox.  

Also I have modified the tutorial by adding a step after setting up your nic ip.  This step is to verify the static setting on your nic.

Withinside

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »

I have followed all the instructions you stated above. I pinged the box, 4 times 4 replys. Using 2 NIC's; 1 to high-speed modem, the other to the box. Connected via crossover. Explorer won't connect me (a connection with the server could not be established). First tried using FlashFxp and it kept timing out, so I rechecked the IP/TCP settings according to a tutorial, basically same as what you stated above, now FlashFXP gets connection refused. I think it may be the box. X-box 1.0, Evox, matrix, blue-color mod

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »

In FlashFXP you must disable passive ftp for evox, MXM and XBMP is ok for passive.  Also I am guessing your on Windows XP.  There are all kind of issues getting this to work.  First make sure you do not have the M$ Firewall active in the network settings and try disabling any other firewall software your running if appliciable.  

Withinside

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

no firewall, win98se, and passive mode disabled. (Use passive mode box completely unchecked) in site manager options
Connecting to My X-Box
Connection failed (Connection refused)
Delaying for 60 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
anything else that I might try?

thomodachi

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2003, 09:24:00 AM »

The first thing I would do is check to see if my xbox even have an IP.  Second would be pinging the xbox to see if I get any replies.  After those two things, all the other stuff is depending on your software settings.  It really doesn't matter what IP address you use for the xbox.  As long as it is on the network and none of your other computer already have that IP.

Check to see if any firewall is on.  I had a problem when my PC-Cilin firewall was on and I didn't notice it.  After turnning it off, everything connected fine.

If you are on XP check if the firewall in the Network Settings is on.  Turn that off as well.

Hmmm anything else I could be forgetting....

If i remember, I'll post it later smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4