xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Ftp Using Internet Explorer  (Read 183 times)

funni64

• Archived User
Ftp Using Internet Explorer
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

cool.gif

wendinmikey

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 06:37:00 AM »

ok guys, maybe this will sound weird or stupid, or nobody even comes here to read anymore, BUT i've got a Q......i can network my pc and box with flashfxp no prob, BUT the thing is i cannot connect through IE. my real reason in doing so is because i want to see how big the drives on my box are and how much space i've used so far, because i'm trying to backup a game and store it on the HDD, i've tried on the C and E drives but they both come back and say that i have no more room on them left. please help, thanks!

mr.tom88

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 03:10:00 AM »

i tried ftp using internet explorer and i kept getting an error message but then i clicked go again in the address bar and the drives popped up so i clicked on c and e to copy them to my hard drive so i could back them up and a window came up saying calculating time to copy files and did not change for some time then when i clicked on it again it went weird on me and showed the hourglass and nothing happened. ( im presuming it timed out or the connection was lost because i have been trying to connect to the xbox through flashfxp and it connects but then tells me connection lost or connection timed out....ANY IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENING

PLEASE HELP

Stevo M

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

sad.gif my address is [email protected]

TwigFigure

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

Why on earth would you need to use crossover for starters, or set up all that amount of stuff? All you have to do is type ftp://192.168.0.12/ (for eg) into RUN, and when it asks for the pass put it in. That even works two minutes after installing WinXp

swmmingcowgod

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

what part of SOFT MOD dont you under stand

dirtybugger64

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »

Okay, here's hoping this page is still checked...

Trying to connect FTP to my modded xbox with a crossover cable directly from my PC *Win XP*

IP w/in the xbox is 192.168.1.200 set statically.
subnet is 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1

I've tried several setting w/in my xbox and PC to cofigure this, but it's still not working.

I've run through the gamit of how-to's and newb forums for this, but still can't get a freaking ftp connection to my xbox ... Help!

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »

I've never been able to get my customers up with crossover.

We do static, both pc and xbox on the same subnet with different IPs, Firewall off, etc., etc. it never works.

Just get a router, use normal ethernet cable, and set your PC and Xbox to DHCP and plug both of them into your router, turn off your XP firewall, and you should have no problems with IE FTP. Works everytime

vwbuggirl4

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

OK this might sound stupid, but can someone describe what a crossover cable looks like? Or tell me what is a crossover cable? I'm new to xbox modding. I would to ftp to my xbox.

shadowdragonp

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

I've read all sorts of guides and forum posts but XP is just doing my head in.

I can ping to my Xbox fine but when I try to use IE for FTP it returns the following message:

200 Type set to ASCII.
425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.3:11268 (last number is random).

What do I do to overcome this problem? What does it even mean?

I used to be able to FTP fine when I had Windows 98... advancements eh?

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

See if it works with an ftp client.  Just google for filezilla, it is good and free.

shadowdragonp

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

Nope, Filezilla has the same problem, "cannot connect to 192.168.0.1". I'm pretty sure all my firewalls are off and the Windows Security Utility informs me that no firewalls are active and there are no firewalls running in the processes dialog.

badthor

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

im trying to start modding i heard you could use action replay is that true muhaha.gif

howdoimod

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 02:34:00 AM »

[quote name='trob' date='Jun 25 2003, 11:16 PM' post='484899']

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

Let me start off by saying I am only posting this because it is an easy way for some people to start ftping to the xbox without downloading additional software.  Windows FTP is slower than most software that has been written to do ftp only.  However it does resemble the regular Windows Explorer and you can copy, cut, and paste like you normally do to move files around in Windows.

Ok, with that out of the way lets get things going.  First I will define how to setup a PC and xbox to directly connect to each other using a crossover cable.  Make sure you have a crossover cable as defined below.

Crossover Cable Pin-out (abbreviated colors)
Connector 1:
O/W O G/W BL BL/W GR BR/W BR
Connector 2:
G/W G O/W BL BL/W O BR/W BR

Next you will have to setup IP addresses on your PC and Xbox.  On your pc go into your network properties and select TCP/IP properties for your ethernet adapter (I did not mention you had to have this but I hope you can figure it out on your own.)  Now change select Use the following IP address: and enter the settings below.

IP address:           192.168.0.2
Subnet mask:        255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:  0.0.0.0 (leave blank or enter 1.1.1.1)

Now save theses setting, if your using broadband or something and your PC is pre-configured please document what you are changing.

On your pc go to start->run and type "command" and press enter.
A command window should open and you will have a command prompt.
Type "ipconfig" and press enter to verify your ip setting.  You should see the static setting your your ethernet adapter, if not you may get 0.0.0.0 or cable disconnected.  If so, make sure your crossover cable is plugged in.  Second if you get 0.0.0.0 you may have to disable the enable your nic.  If that is too confusing just reboot.  If you made any of these changes issue the ipconfig command again and check results.

Next we need to verify the ip settings in evox.  Usually by default the ip settings are preset.  But we need to verify them.  In your evox.ini  go to the [Network] section.  Verify the following:

SetupNetwork   = Yes
StaticIP              = Yes
IP                       = 192.168.0.3
Subnetmask       = 255.255.255.0
Defaultgateway  = 0.0.0.0

You can also make these changes going into evox settings just make sure after you change them scroll down the screen and select SAVE AND EXIT.  Also some people want to monkey around with the gateway.  Your devices are on the same subnet and they are connected to each other, you do not need a gateway because your not leaving your subnet.

Now make sure you have plugged in your crossover cable to your xbox and pc.  Reboot evox and you should be connected.  Try and ping your xbox to see if you have a connection.

Start->Run->Command (enter)
Type "ping 192.168.0.3" (enter)
You should get about 4 replies from 192.168.0.3.  If so you are ready to ftp.

To ftp using Internet Explorer is quite easy.  Begin by opening up Internet Explorer.  In the address bar type the following: "ftp://xbox:[email protected]" press go or enter.  the xbox:xbox is username:password if you have change them in the evox.ini.  Also you can just but the username and it will prompt you for the password.  You should now see all your drives in your window.  Cut, copy and paste as you please.

This post has been edited by trob: Jul 1 2003, 02:51 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4