xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Yet Another Xbox Hd Tools  (Read 881 times)

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Yet Another Xbox Hd Tools
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »

160-8 = 152-144= 8gig,

your bios needs to be the 67 version or edited to support the G as well as your dash.

generiq1

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Jul 16 2005, 12:08 AM)
your bios needs to be the 67 version or edited to support the G as well as your dash.

can u help me with this?  i looked for a bios.bin file or something like that within the installer, but I didnt see one???  Only evoxm8.gz???   if i did, i suppose I could just edit using EVTool???  but how do i do it manually?

by the way, im using ude2, not uxe on this install...does that have anything to do with it?

][Q][

This post has been edited by generiq1: Jul 16 2005, 05:21 AM

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

i just cloned a maxtor 120gig w/ chimps tool, but it wont let me lock it. here is what happenes. i selected 1, then cloned the hd(byte by byte) then when i select three (i think it is three, or whatever number for locking), it just sends me right back to the main menu. when i put the new hd in my xbox, is gives me an error 5 (hd not locked). help :uhh:

catalinnc

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »

Dear chimpanzee can update your tool to work with 1.6(B) xcalibur video chip?

Best regards.

bakerz1

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(chimpanzee @ Nov 25 2004, 08:07 PM) View Post

the xbox I set is ip:192.168.0.3/24
userid/password : root/xbox

You just set your machine to the same subnet and it should be fine. Also, if you have a router setup in your LAN, the box also acquire one ip through DHCP. You need to find out what it is though. Just ping around.

I havent tried port 24.. I thought telneting was supposed to go through port 23?

I have a freshly soft moded xbox.

I am trying to add a new drive.. Ultra ATA 500 gig.

Ok I have edited my post because I have worked past my original issue.. however I wouldnt be a noob if I only got hung up on one thing...
.. I have set up a cable from  PC to XBOX  using the following settings
I set up the ips as follows

PC 192.168.0.6
xbox 192.168.0.5

I could ping xbox at .05 before running chimp
whoever once I ran Chimp the xbox was un pingable at both .5 and
.4 and .3 (where chimp is supposed to be)
You can imagine that I had no luck actually telneting in at this point.
I assume I have screwed up a setting on my xbox or I dont have the rest of the network set up ie netmask, default gateway, dns server. or something.. anyone feel like giving me a noobs setup for that..
I tried
netmask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.0.1
dns server 192.168.0.1

also tried
netmask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 0.0.0.0
dns server 0.0.0.0

I couldnt have been too far off as I could actually ping the xbox from my pc before I ran chimp....  then I would run chimp, get the screen freeze attempt to telnet in and it would sit .. sit .. then nothing.. no prompt for pwd or anything... Damn Im frustrated.... hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance for your help.
MB

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »

Documentation notes for Chimp26:

1. It is originally packaged with a Mechassault gamesave. If you can run unsigned code already, you need 4 files only from the package:
   a. default.xbe
   b. linuxboot.cfg
   c. vmlinuz
   d. initrd
Ftp the 4 files to a folder of your choice on E or F or G drive and run default.xbe.

2. Chimp26 is Linux based and the files appear to be derived from an earlier version of Xebian. As per normal boot process, after kernel boots, linuxrc is executed. There is a typo in inittab and this is only apparent if initrd can't be found in the same folder.

3. Linuxrc loads chimp and starts a telnet and ftp daemon. It tries to uses DHCP and if that fails, a hardcoded IP of 192.168.0.3 is used. This IP address is independent of Xbox's network settings and cannot be changed. If you have a Xbox 1.6, suggestion is to use crossover cable for a direct connection and set your PC's IP to the same subnet. If you have a nUSB keyboard, you will have keyboard access.

4. The bulk of the work is done in 3 shell scripts: chimp, cloneab, and lockhdb. xboxdumper is used to write the magic value of BRFR to the correct place to identify the target hard drive as a xbox drive. Originally it followed xboxhdm's approach of using dd to do that but this was later commented out and xboxdumper was used.

The relevant section of lockhdb is reproduced below , authorship belongs to Chimpanzee:

CODE

#!/bin/sh

REALOP="$1"
TARGET=/dev/hdb
PASSWORD_OPT=" -a "
PASSWORD_SRC="Motherboard"

if [ -z "$1" ]; then
echo "usage: $0 "
exit 1
fi

if [ "$2" != "" ]; then
pass=$(echo $2 | grep hdpass.txt)
eeprom=$(echo $2 | grep eeprom.bin)
hddkey=$(echo $2 | grep hddkey.txt)
if [ -e "$2" ]; then
if [ "$eeprom" != "" ]; then
PASSWORD_OPT="-e $2"
PASSWORD_SRC="$2"
elif [ "$pass" != "" ]; then
pass=$(cat $2)
[ -z "$pass" ] && echo "$2 empty" && exit 1
PASSWORD_OPT="-p $pass"
else
hddkey=$(cat $2)
[ -z "$hddkey" ] && echo "$2 empty" && exit 1
PASSWORD_OPT="-k $hddkey"
fi
PASSWORD_SRC="$2"
fi
fi

if [ -e $TARGET ]; then
hdtool2  $PASSWORD_OPT -d $TARGET -o unlock | head -n 11 > /tmp/abc.$$
info=$(cat /tmp/abc.$$)
if [ "$1" != "unlock" ]; then
dialog --defaultno --title "Password generated from $PASSWORD_SRC, choose Yes to $1" --yesno "$info" 15 75
case $? in
  0 ) lock="yes";;
esac
rm /tmp/abc.$$
clear
if  [ "$lock" != "" ]; then
if  [ "$hddkey" != "" ]; then
hdtool2 -d $TARGET $PASSWORD_OPT -o disable-pw > /tmp/pass.$$
[ "$1" != "disable-pw" ] && echo "y" | hdtool2 -d $TARGET $PASSWORD_OPT -o $REALOP >> /tmp/pass.$$
else
hdtool -d $TARGET $PASSWORD_OPT -o disable-pw > /tmp/pass.$$
[ "$1" != "disable-pw" ] && echo "y" | hdtool -d $TARGET $PASSWORD_OPT -o $REALOP >> /tmp/pass.$$
fi
dialog  --title "Done, Password used(generated from $PASSWORD_SRC),also in /tmp/pass.$$" --textbox /tmp/pass.$$ 15 75
clear
fi
else
dialog --title "$1 result - password generated from $PASSWORD_SRC" --msgbox "$info" 15 75
clear
fi
fi

As can be seen, the script can lock,unlock hdd and disable security from motherboard, eeprom file or hddkey file.

Clonead also supports selective cloning of partitions or drive to drive dumps. However it uses .67 convention of LBA48 (F and G drives) so .6 LBA48 (F drive only) users are better off using drive to drive dumps. Edit: Seems that .6 is supported.

This post has been edited by ldotsfan: Apr 15 2008, 03:04 AM

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2010, 04:01:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=716433.

A remake of chimp with the additional features:
1. Onscreen display on xbox version 1.6.
2. Status update during cloning process with ETA, throughput, elapsed time.
3. Unlocking with choice of master passwords.
4. Configurable network setting onscreen.
5. Backup of eeprom (and retrieval via ftp).
6. Understands the partition table created by xbpartitioner and hence handles extended partition cloning accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]