xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions  (Read 896 times)

joeyjermiah

• Archived User
Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »

shit lol thanks ddaddy i knew that but i somehow forgot

jareditbe

• Archived User
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »

so you weren't able to do it by swapping the HD's xboxfanz?

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »

Hmmm...well I just edited the xboxdash to work with EVOX...and signed it with XBEDUMP with the "-font" line....so it works just fine in EVOX....now....will I still have the clock problem? You know...probably because it only works with the font exploit...and since the loop doesn't allow the font exploit to load it wont work....great...I answered my own question...lol....

So...is it possible to find the stuff that allows us to sign things with the xbox key (I think is the term) ?

bbjk

• Archived User
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »

biggrin.gifs...

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2003, 03:39:00 AM »

smile.gif

Well that begs the question (for me at least)....how does the Phoenix Bios Loader run without having to be signed? I can't run any other games/apps/emus etc without signing them first (OR USING the PBL....easier with the PBL) but PBL just runs....

PBL actually loads before my EVOX (just on my box...it's possible to do it without) so how...? And is it possible to use the same technique with the dash?

Sorry if this sounds stupid...I hope someone gets what I'm saying smile.gif just curious...

SumName

• Archived User
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »

Hello all, I've been following this thread nearly ever since it started. I've been on a clock loop this whole time. Since college is now over, I'm ready to tackle this problem. I've read all the replies and am trying different solutions. It looks like the more data and stats we have, the better it is for other people that come looking for a solution. I'm a newbie when it comes to Xbox hacking, but I'll try to give the best info possible. Here are my box stats:

Version: 1.1, most likely. Checked thru serial no. method. Not 100% sure since they say it's not 100% accurate. Good enough estimate for now.
Hack: I used Mad_Gouki's gamesave hack tutorial. It's Bert and Ernie font hack I believe, but I'm not sure if it's "reloaded". I then used the signed PBL 1.3.
Live: Never used live, I don't think I have a live dashboard.

This is what I've tried so far, and obviously none of them have worked.
1) Tried plugging xbox with crossover cable into my 2nd NIC, with internet connection sharing enabled. 2 hours, no good. Without internet connection sharing: 2 hours, no good.
2) Got a regular cat5 cable, twisted the wires like you said. Light on the back of xbox does not light up, is this good or bad? I read one of your replies earlier, but I was not sure if the lights are supposed to be on for this loopback method. Plugged in for 3 hrs, still looping as I type. Will leave looping overnight just to give it time.
3) Tomorrow, I will take the xbox to my work where we have several hubs and routers, and try connecting to the hub using both crossover and regular cat5 cables.

I will post any progress, or lack thereof, later on in this thread. Ddaddy, even though your solution has not helped me (yet?), I want to say that you're doing a great job here putting in time and effort to continuously help other people. I hope the data I've given here is of some use to you, and other people coming here for a solution. I will post my results tomorrow or the day after.

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2003, 01:56:00 AM »

2) Got a regular cat5 cable, twisted the wires like you said. Light on the back of xbox does not light up, is this good or bad? I read one of your replies earlier, but I was not sure if the lights are supposed to be on for this loopback method. Plugged in for 3 hrs, still looping as I type. Will leave looping overnight just to give it time.

The light needs to be on. The light indicates that the xbox is connected on a network. Maybe you have the wrong wires joined or they are not joined properly.

I am sorry to say that you may have to remove your hard drive to fix your problem sad.gif

Did you get the Hard Drive Key from evox backup?

If you did, its not to difficult to fix, if you didnt then you gonna have to hotswap.

KXXX

• Archived User
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »

Yet another happy customer, network Loop connector worked great, for those who can't get it to work, if there is no green light on the back of the Xbox above the network connector when you switch it on with the cable attached, then its wired wrong check out

cable5

for wire numbers 1&3 2&6.

Thanx a useful forum that provides a solution to a real pain.

Slomar

• Archived User
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

So I've been soft modding all my friends xboxes for Christmas.  Of course one of them had to find the old infinite clock loop.  So, let me give you all the statistics until I find a solution.

Xbox ver 1.0
MFG date 11-21-01
4034 retail bios kernel (I'm assuming from the manufacturing date)
PBL 1.3.5i
Big Fonts 025
Boots to Avalaunch 0.48.2
4920 xboxdash.xbe with the xboxdashdata.1012A700  folder
(I can't think of any other usefull statistics, but please feel free to ask)

Things I've tried

No game-No Ethernet - 10 hours then red and green light
No game-No Ethernet-Controller 1 plus dongle - 10 hours then red and green light

No game-xbox/xbox ethernet connection with ip set on modded xbox- 30 minX2

So all in all I've tried all the fixes from this post execpt trying Reloaded and letting it sit for three days.

Ultimately, I've installed a modchip to get the problem box out of the loop then uninstalled it.

Reloaded is now applied to the system and I'm waiting for the clock to die again.  30 min wasn't long enough.  I'm waiting an hour this time.  Anyone know the exact time it takes the clock to die?

I'll post the results from reloaded when the clock dies again.  I'm also going to try a dvd movie with the dongle plugged in.  Perhaps this will skip the clock entirely.  

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »

The 1 box i couldnt get out of a loop was a ver.1.0 so i dont think the network thing helps them at all.

Some boxes can take up to 5-6 hours to run the clock out.

KXXX

• Archived User
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2003, 04:09:00 AM »

I assume that you've tried the modded RJ45 plug trick, I wonder, I had an older Xbox and i noticed that on the original dash that it did not have Xbox Live in the selection as my new boxes do. A possible solution could be to update the original dash before the software hack is applied this might allow the rj45 trick to work. it's just a thought but i dont think you should try this if you've already applied the hack.
I was also curious if this hack causes the loop on all machines in some form or whether it is just one of those things that happens to some.
But im interested if the update of the dash could allow the rj45 trick to work.  

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2003, 07:50:00 AM »

I assume that you've tried the modded RJ45 plug trick

Incase you hadnt noticed, i started this thread and i came up with the rj45 idea :-/ so yes i did try it, lol

I wonder, I had an older Xbox and i noticed that on the original dash that it did not have Xbox Live in the selection as my new boxes do. A possible solution could be to update the original dash before the software hack is applied this might allow the rj45 trick to work

I update all boxes to live2 then downgrade the dash to 4920 before i exploit them. So, no, this does not solve the problem.

jimbo991

• Archived User
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »

Just so I can get this question out now, while you're talking about it, Live 2.0 is the newest Live dash put out by MS to run games on Live right?  And, the problem is that the exploits don't work with it?  So, everyone has to downgrade to the old Live dash to get it working properly?  Is there any way to keep your exploits and have Live 2.0 at all right now?

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2003, 08:30:00 AM »

Its not live2 that the exploits dont work with, its the new dash that gets installed when live2 installs.

So update live before modding, then replace the xboxdashdata***** folder and xboxdash.xbe with those from dash version 4920, ge tthem from the slayers disc if you dont have them.

Now you have live2 with an exploitable dash and as you have live2 it wont want to update anymore. That is until live3 comes out if it ever does.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]