xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions  (Read 889 times)

pcpir8

• Archived User
Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions
« on: December 30, 2003, 04:14:00 AM »

went to see some family at christmas and brought my xbox
it was a long drive and i lost the time
when i plugged in the xbox it went into the loop

i have v 1.4
and i used the ma exploit

when i got to my destination
i had no computer, or network, or cable or anything
it rebooted about 10 times

as it was in the middle of a reboot i unplugged the data cable or whatever you want to call it we'll say the audio video cable that goes to the tv

the light started blinking green and yellow

when i plugged it back in it rebooted right into the clock set aplication
i set the time
and thats it it started working again

i dont know if this helps any but
if this helps you in developing somthing to fix it pleasr let me know

thanks

KXXX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »

Sorry ddaddy my reply was more for Slomar i should've made it clear. once again its a pretty good solution on a V1.2 Box I've solved a couple of these over last few days thanks to your solution uch appreciated.
As in my previous message is this something that happens on all boxes with this type of hack or any of the hacks out there or just certain types of hacks or just one of those things I've only dealt with one type of hack. I assumed that it happened to all as I know two others who have the same problem both V1.2 boxes which come out of loop in seconds thanks to this plug fix.

KXXX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

Sorry ddaddy my reply was more for Slomar i should've made it clear. once again its a pretty good solution on a V1.2 Box I've solved a couple of these over last few days thanks to your solution uch appreciated.
As in my previous message is this something that happens on all boxes with this type of hack or any of the hacks out there or just certain types of hacks or just one of those things I've only dealt with one type of hack. I assumed that it happened to all as I know two others who have the same problem both V1.2 boxes which come out of loop in seconds thanks to this plug fix.

KXXX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 11:08:00 AM »

Sorry ddaddy my reply was more for Slomar i should've made it clear. once again its a pretty good solution on a V1.2 Box I've solved a couple of these over last few days thanks to your solution much appreciated.

KXXX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 11:10:00 AM »

sorry about the repeat of the message kept getting server too busy messages but it had posted everytime!!!

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

I dont think the software you use really matters, i think the older version box's must have a different boot process to the more recent ones. This would explain why v1 box's dont come out of the loop with this method.

pcpir8

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

went to see some family at christmas and brought my xbox
it was a long drive and i lost the time
when i plugged in the xbox it went into the loop

i have v 1.4 or 1.5 not sure
and i used the ma exploit

when i got to my destination
i had no computer, or network, or cable or anything
it rebooted about 10 times

as it was in the middle of a reboot i unplugged the data cable or whatever you want to call it we'll say the audio video cable that goes to the tv

the light started blinking green and yellow

when i plugged it back in it rebooted right into the clock set aplication
i set the time
and thats it it started working again

i dont know if this helps any but
if this helps you in developing somthing to fix it pleasr let me know

thanks

joeyjermiah

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »

"when i plugged it back in it rebooted right into the clock set aplication
i set the time
and thats it it started working again"

I could see how this might help, but I can't test right now cause all I have here is a tsop flashed box. Anyways I could see this working much like the network trick cause basically it might cause a delay in boot up allowing the fonts to kick in at a latter time much like the network. Oh it flashes orange becuase cause the cord it unplugged just in case you were wondering. So lets get some people testing this

Clockloopsux

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »

hey. im on a 1.1 box, and whenever i get the clockloop, i hook my xbox right to my cable modem (standard patch cable) and let it boot for about 5 mins, and viola! its back to good ol evox

im using Bert and ernie reloaded BTW

Slomar

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Slomar @ Dec 28 2003, 10:36 PM)
So I've been soft modding all my friends xboxes for Christmas.  Of course one of them had to find the old infinite clock loop.  So, let me give you all the statistics until I find a solution.

Xbox ver 1.0
MFG date 11-21-01
4034 retail bios kernel (I'm assuming from the manufacturing date)
PBL 1.3.5i
Big Fonts 025
Boots to Avalaunch 0.48.2
4920 xboxdash.xbe with the xboxdashdata.1012A700  folder
(I can't think of any other usefull statistics, but please feel free to ask)

Things I've tried

No game-No Ethernet - 10 hours then red and green light
No game-No Ethernet-Controller 1 plus dongle - 10 hours then red and green light

No game-xbox/xbox ethernet connection with ip set on modded xbox- 30 minX2

So all in all I've tried all the fixes from this post execpt trying Reloaded and letting it sit for three days.

Ultimately, I've installed a modchip to get the problem box out of the loop then uninstalled it.

Reloaded is now applied to the system and I'm waiting for the clock to die again.  30 min wasn't long enough.  I'm waiting an hour this time.  Anyone know the exact time it takes the clock to die?

I'll post the results from reloaded when the clock dies again.  I'm also going to try a dvd movie with the dongle plugged in.  Perhaps this will skip the clock entirely.

Sorry about the delay on my findings, but here goes.

Bert and Earnie (RELOADED) works with this xbox.  The clock loop was defeated in three reboots and no ethernet cable was plugged in.

Obviously big fonts spells trouble for some very early xbox hardware.  (See manufacturing date and other specs above.)

Merry Christmas! and a Happy New Year! biggrin.gif

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2003, 06:31:00 AM »

I have been doing some tests and posting results in a different thread, but thought i'd start a new one to get some views, im pasting my other threads in here.

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2003, 06:31:00 AM »

I have been experimenting with this over the last week.

I use bigfonts as these automatically set the date and time to a default (4th july), but only once theve finally loaded. This is useful for those that dont have access to MSDASH to reset the clock after a loop.

As for coming out of loops, if i leave my network cable plugged in so its conected to my pc and the internet, it loops about 3-6 times then boots up AND automatically gets the current time and date from the internet.

I tried leaving the network cable out and starting it up (after being unplugged all night of course) and i let it loop for about 30mins before deciding to plug network back in, switching off and on, and a couple of loops later it started up fine with current date/time.

I have noticed, that the xbox boots up with slightly different graphics with and without the network cable plugged in, i assume this is because with it plugged in, its got to detect network settings etc...

Anyway, i have come to the conclusion that giving the xbox internet access through internet connection sharing speeds up the loop problem.

More tests currently running..........

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2003, 06:32:00 AM »

I did another test, with another conclusion and a solution theory.

After letting my box reboot for 10mins without the network cable plugged in, i decided to try it connected to my network, but without Internet Connection Sharing enabled.

The console booted up first go, this proves that having a network connected to the xbox (even if its got no internet access) helps with the clock loop problem.

The date was automatically set to 4th July as im using Bigfonts, after re-enabling internet connection sharing, the date and time set themselves correctly.

NOW HERES MY THEORY

Is it possible to make a network cable that will fool the xbox into thinking its connected to to a network, thus slowing down the boot process and allowing the fonts to kick in before the clock set page.

Is this possible by joining wires at the end of a network cable??
Apart from connecting new connectors to the end of cables, im not really in the know on how networks work, what info gets send down which wire etc..
But surely a simple crossover of wires could fool the xbox long enough, so people without a network can bypass the clock loop.

Any ideas, suggestions welcome.  

Dagoth

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

Is it possible to make a network cable that will fool the xbox into thinking its connected to to a network, thus slowing down the boot process and allowing the fonts to kick in before the clock set page.

plugging an xbox into any hub or switch will count as a network connection

Haruno

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2003, 03:37:00 PM »

yes it does count as network but he did say without internet sharing...meaning no acces to teh net...the only reason ppl say put in a cat5 and no more loop because evox connects to a server that corrects the time....or maybe it takes it from computers tat are on at teh time?.....wait...i dunno...
basically i think he's saying
No cat5, infinite loop
Cat5, 10 minute loop
Network no internet, 20 minute loop?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11