xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions  (Read 899 times)

manatarms25

• Archived User
Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2003, 04:12:00 AM »

wink.gif my friends 1.2 he let loop for 4 hours !! it never came out, so he brought it over to me  I plugged in the loopback cable and.... 1 loop and I see evox  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif I would test this on my newest 1.1 but I cant make the damn thing loop more than three times  mad.gif oh'well thats good huh.. oh and all these xbox's use B+E reloaded

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2003, 10:44:00 AM »

My train of thought on your discovery is:
The Xbox boots, realises the clock is wrong, sees it has a valid network connection (loopback cable) and boots anyway because it thinks it can get the time / date from the network.

I dont think this is quite right, as a default xbox doesnt get the date/time from the internet, you have to set it manualy. Its evox thats sets the time/date using the web.

I think the xbox boots, sees it has a valid network connection, tries to establish contact or obtain an IP, by this time the fonts have been loaded and exploit started before even trying to load the clockset.
Whereas without the network, it boots, realises the clock needs setting, tries to load the clock set screen but has no fonts to do so, so reboots. All before bert and ernie have a chance to do there magic.

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2003, 06:16:00 AM »

No, because the bios doesnt get loaded until the machine boots and runs pbl.

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »

sad.gif

I used the mechassault exploit and made phoenix bios the default booting program....has this happened to anyone before? Am I screwed? Is it possible to fix this without a modchip?

joeyjermiah

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »

ok i did some more messin around the network fix took about 1 hr to work with big fonts for me but reloaded  seems to work quite well always within 5 mins tops. not really sure why but i'll stick with reloaded lol

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

I'm using reloaded...and yeah it loaded fine before the loop....and played fine....

I put the mechassault CD in...so hopefully when it bypasses the loop this time it will run mechassault and I can do the exploit again...hopefully....Anyone tried that? When it bypasses the loop will it run the game?

rockdj99uk

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (Thing2 @ Dec 8 2003, 01:18 AM)
I used the mechassault exploit and made phoenix bios the default booting program.

Is it possible to set it to boot to the MS dash first so that evox can be selected and if so would this prevent the clock loop thing?

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2003, 11:51:00 AM »

Has anyone ever had their xbox led blink red and green when it "comes out of the loop" and have the screen go black? That's all mine does.....it worked fine before the loop.....but now when it "comes out" all I get is black screen with red and green flashing LED....

Screwed?

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2003, 08:35:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

I'm happy and pissed off...but mostly happy that it isn't broken....In the end I just had to let it sit...for a VERY VERY long time....I'm never unplugging this thing again.....EVER!!!

WOOHOOO  rotfl.gif

xilicio

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »

blink.gif

I usually get out of the loop by plugging in a network cable  biggrin.gif

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

beerchug.gif Now I can put Deus Ex on this bad boy and give it back....

xilicio

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »

tongue.gif
Now you gotta be carefull and dont unplug it  ph34r.gif
You`ll be SOL if there was a power outage hehe

I already beat DX2..badass game  beerchug.gif

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »

reloaded or big fonts? reloaded seems to work better for the earlier boxes

i've never had a machine come out of the loop but my harddrive has always had a game or 2 on it, maybe if the harddrive is full, or at least has 2 or 3 gigs on it the xbox takes a little longer to boot, letting the loop end?

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2003, 11:11:00 PM »

blink.gif

I am just glad though that the answer to this problem is *still* just sit and wait....I was incredibly frightened that I would have to diddle with the HDD or anything on the inside of the box....I'm increasingly glad it didn't come to that.

I know that it might have just been a coincedence, but an hour after I plugged a controller in...it came out....just something more for those of you who are desperate like I was.

Nu3roSyc0

• Archived User
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who posted here. I have a v1.1 box, with a live enabled dash (not sure which one, if someone tells me how to check I will), and my power went out. Plugged in my crossover to my computer, rebooted for a few minutes then BAM, evox. What a relief. Thanks a lot to everyone, and I will be glad to provide any helpful information if you tell me what you need and how to find it.

EDIT: I have pbl 1.3 and evox 3.9875.
EDIT: Every time it rebooted before it actually worked, the green orb popped up on the upper right of the screen
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11