xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: 2.0 Out Next Week!  (Read 763 times)

ghostavel

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

this is great news ,guess its time to install my xenium,cant wait to see it in action .
hope to see an lcd working with the new os.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Outside of the samba support i dont see any massive leaps for all the hype, it's a lot of features i don't see joe user really jumping for, i could be wrong though.

My worry is XOS 2.0 becoming a jack of all trades and a master of none. Good luck to the team regardless

flux2k

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

Am I the only who likes ftp over smb file sharing? With ftp, if a transfer fails it continues on with the rest of the files in queue while saving the failed files in a list whereas with SMB it would just stop and come up with a error msg.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

hmm..  I am also not enthusiastic.  I didn't see the only feature i cared about.  TSOP Flashing without any jumpers... now that is a revolution.

http://www.ozxodus.c...=article&sid=26

mike96sc2

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

My bad, double post

Master-Chief

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

smile.gif

I can't believe what I just saw on the front page of X-S!  biggrin.gif

QuimbyDogg

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

I'm glad I got a Xenium chip a few months ago when I modded my box  SMB sounds awsome.  Nice work guys.

mcsenerd

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (el_diablo @ May 22 2004, 12:36 AM)
where is the lcd support?

unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif

It's the same place their OS is...nowhere to be found for their customers... blink.gif

JoePo

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

If the OS will support multitasking AND smb, does that mean we will be able to do such things as play xbox games stored on our pc's harddrive, without major performance loss?  That would be nice.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

dry.gif

not to mention they're STILL making us wait and just getting us excited over something we can't have yet.  they say they'll have it out (to beta testers) in 48 hour.... !!!   what so how long do the beta testers have it before we do? what if they find some huge bug that takes them another 2 weeks to fix, if they haven't even sent it out to the testers yet and it's new from the ground up I'd expect them to have quite a bit of bugs as most "ground up" software does.  sad.gif

to be honest the first thing that popped into my mind was "gee the SmartXX people just won the 1.6 race and posted a brief message and a newly available OS" then no less than 2 news posts later the Xenium people post news that's probably larger in bytes than the XOS2  laugh.gif and still nothing tangable

I didn't see the smart XX guys posting useless "excitment posts" with nothing tangable excpt when the 1.6 first came out and they were posting usefull 1.6 info for the scene at lage.

I'll tell ya, I have to grit my teeth and TRY to like the way Xenium does things... I hate it when they post news with nothing tangable... hell anyone can talk up a storm... fucking show me something

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

smile.gif )

(assuming no emulation which will NOT happen on xbox)
Sure MacOS can run multiple programs at once..  but say you wanted to play a mp3 and a game... the mp3 player works fine on the Mac... but how do you start a dos program in a Mac enviroment? you cant. there two totally different operating systems.

This is how you should relate Xenium OS to Anything based off of the MS bios (Xecuter, Evo m7, debug bios, ms retail)

The only way to have your mp3 player would be to hack the MS bios and put it in there... but i dont believe that the underlying support is there to accomplish this (multitasking in my bios non existant? not sure... perhaps someone thats delt with bios internals can shed some light)

enzo

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

Just wondering something..
im totally new to this OS from Xenium (great job btw guys on the os 2.0 !!)

I dont have a modchip in my xbox, i flashed the tsop with xecuter 2 bios.
Would it be possible to flash it with the OS 2.0 instead of the xecuter 2 i have now ?

nfs924

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

wathc everyone try to install it and it meses up

mcsenerd

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »

smile.gif) they're going to just look even worse than they are already looking.

Look...I don't care what you make or what you do...when your customers are some of your loudest complainers...you've got a serious problem on your hands. I swear...honestly...I wouldn't recommend a Xenium to anyone now. I don't give a flying flip what nobody has to say...they're making a hacked up 3rd gen chip with only promises and inuendos of true 4th gen performance. It's high time to put up or shut up...and frankly I'm getting to the point where I'd be happy with either right now after all of these senseless hype posts of theirs with their promises of "soon very soon" or "within days we'll begin testing" (in other words...you won't see jack for two more months).

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9