xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +  (Read 249 times)

falz

• Archived User
Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (BaDvs3viL @ Jul 16 2004, 01:05 PM)
Falz,
   Very nice pics my man....Maybe I can finish this tutorial now...If you dont mind me using your pics that is?.....

Let me know I could use some help...   smile.gif

Feel free! Larger versions and more pics are on that link..

RayTwoOneThree

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (falz @ Jul 16 2004, 06:06 PM)
SPDT won't work. Well, it wont boot with the mod off, that is. Both poles of the switch need to be ON or OFF at the same time. So, it's like two switches being on, or two being off.

SPDT has one off while the other is on.

--falz

Your wrong! I tryed it and i works fine on my Xbox.All i did was cut the  LFRAME Trace and put the switch.Its kind of the same as a switch on a TSOP.

spum02

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

ive been having some problems getting my aladdin live installed. what does the xbox do differently if you do not cut the trace (the one littlejohnny talks about).

haris786

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2004, 01:25:00 AM »

does this mean i can put any 256k cheapmod flashed with evox M8_16 in a 1.6 xbox
if so can i follow the instructions on ozxudous's or smartxx website to rebuild the lcp or are the points in a cheap mod  located differently to the piont in the xenium and smartxx

best regards

RayTwoOneThree

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

Yes you can put a Homemade CheapMod on your v.1.6 Xbox.Theres only one way to rebuild the LPC and there are the same with all the chips.You can also put a switch on your CheapMod!

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=242616

haris786

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2004, 03:30:00 AM »

so the point seacond from the bottum oin the pic is the lframe

Black_Like_a_Cat

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

Hey guys,

Just a word of caution, I used to the switch method on this thread to switch an aladdin live chip with evox m8_16 on a 1.6 and it worked fine.  Only untill I accidentally left the console on over night with the chip turned on did the xbox frag completley.  I can't even get the original bios to boot now, it does the 3 boot thing even when the switch is in the off position.  So I guess those guys knew what they were talking about when they said that grounding or floating LFRAME was dangerous.  This is the only reason I can think of becuase the modchip is still good, and the original bios on the board won't load even though you can't corrupt the image.

Black

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

I would have been very wary about leaving the LFrame to ground as I said earlier. grounding this line could have long term consequences. at the signal source. we will have to see what happens to some others amybe they will be ok.

precisionmods

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

Hey dzv,

Question, if I cut the LFRAME trace and only have the signal go to the cheapmod, will I still need an extrnal switch to disable the cheapmod and enable the onboard BIOS? Or will it function properly?

precisionmods

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (BaDvs3viL @ Jul 19 2004, 11:26 AM)

Hay man......Yeah you would have to run a swicth just like how these folks are posting the pic of Lil Johnnies install guide......

No way to avoid the external switch eh?

Looks like the chip makers will have to do some more CPLD programming and then us installers will have to cut the track and wire the 2 points to pads that are controlled by the CPLD.

spum02

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

you would have to cut the trace even if you want the always on function?

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (alladdin @ Jul 20 2004, 10:44 AM)
i have read elsware that...." the trace carries a supply voltage, you need to gnd/cut it to force the lpc bios, but if you ground it you have a voltage going to grnd all the time which = a hot spot on m/b if left on.....hence cut it for safer long term results"    thats from my memory but you get the gist of it and it seems to make sense.

Where did you read this?  It doesn't make much sense to me, since the LFRAME is not a Supply Voltage, it is a Signal line.  The signal passing through that line shouldn't cause any undue heat.  It's the same principal as ground the D0 line, only using a different Signal.

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

Where did you read this? It doesn't make much sense to me, since the LFRAME is not a Supply Voltage, it is a Signal line. The signal passing through that line shouldn't cause any undue heat. It's the same principal as ground the D0 line, only using a different Signal.

Very true.....When I check it with a volt meter I dont get a current at all....I can tell when a sigal goes through....

And further more.....My main 1.6 has been on now for 3 days str8 and I havent had a problem yet.....Im tring to kill this thing without any luck....

jester.gif

precisionmods

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

spum02,

No, just leave the LFRAME signal to ground if you don't want to boot the original BIOS.

kefalos

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

...you may connect LFrame to 3.3V for safety, or cut it...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7