xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +  (Read 250 times)

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

Ok......Here you go

This is a DPDT Switch (Double Pull Double Throw)
user posted image

Ok....

This is what you need to do....

Run D0 (LFRAME) from the MoBo To either center pin on the switch
Run LAD0 from the MoBo To the Other center pin on the switch

Then run wire from a GOUND (SCREW) or where ever  to The pin right above the pin you solder the D0 to on the switch....

Then Run a wire from the LAD0 on the LPC Points to the Pin right above the pin you soldered the LAD0 from the MoBo to....

Switch ON for Modchip....Swicth Off for XBOX Live

And thats it..if you use a DPDT switch you will have 2 pins left open on the switch
If you get a DPST switch you wont....

Hope this helps

falz

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (BaDvs3viL @ Jul 9 2004, 09:17 AM)
Very good info falz....You see where I mounted my switch and it has alot of slack and didnt have a problem...

Yes, I would have been more confused with this if one of the diagrams had not mentioned to keep the wires short. I did see your pic, and the amount of wire that you have is about what I had before I trimmed it.

What I am sure of though is that it's because of the wire. I had wired it WITHOUT the switch first just to be sure if it worked, and it did. I then removed this and replaced it with the wire, when I got the no video/audio as above. Immediately trimming the wires from the switch itsself fixed it.

Good to have everyone's feedback on this and to keep the cheapmods workin' :)

--falz

spum02

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »

i just want to confirm a couple of things before i get started. i have a v1.6 and aladdin live. will the aladdin live work or do i need aladdin plus? another thing, do i need a switch? i dont plan to use xbox live so what do i need to soldier? (want to soldier as little as possible)

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »

dry.gif )
i just followed the xodus 1.6 diagrams  but instead of grounding Lframe i cut it (as Littlejonny did in his tut) but instead of just leaving it i got the Lframe from the bottom point(of the 2 cut that has the link cut) and works fine heres a pic to those who want to no (i don't hav a cam so just change 1 of Littlejonny's  pics i hope he doesn't mind unsure.gif )

user posted image

but i didn't get a chance to try to disable it cuz the guy i was doing it for came and pick it up and he did care about xbox live so i'll try it on the next 1 i do and let u no.  anyway thats just my 2 cents
EDIT:
Run D0 (LFRAME) from the MoBo To either center pin on the switch

Then run wire from a GOUND (SCREW) or where ever to The pin right above the pin you solder the D0 to on the switch....

Then Run a wire from the LAD0 on the LPC Points to the Pin right above the pin you soldered the LAD0 from the MoBo to....

Switch ON for Modchip....Swicth Off for XBOX Live

And thats it..if you use a DPDT switch you will have 2 pins left open on the switch
If you get a DPST switch you wont....

this wouldn't work for a cheap mod as u need Lframe to there so i would think u could do this
NOTE:not tested
hav the switch setup the same but for the Lframe hav hav the 2 points that u cut

like this Run D0 (LFRAME from Nvidia bottom point of the 1s cut) from the MoBo To either center pin on the switch

Then run wire from Lframe (Xyclops top point of the 1s cut) or where ever to The pin right above the pin you solder the D0 to on the switch....

u would hav the Lframe form Nvidia like this
to switch _______________
to SST 49LF020 _______|

hope this helps some1

cheers beerchug.gif

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Anyway when I make mine I will name the folks that help me with all of this....the LAD0 find was awesome.......

Thx again MovesInSilence, Your awesome man

ar_156

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

Hey BaDvs3viL!
What about a tutorial? Write down how dit yo do it step by step with some better pics?
It could be pinned!!!

Thanks

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

this wouldn't work for a cheaplpc as u need Lframe to there so i would think u could do this

Ok now am I thinking right in assuming that a cheap LPC and a cheap MOD are the same thing?????

Becasue why cut anything....That guy didnt have to cut the LFRAME....theres no point and you see mine works with just a switch on LAD0 and on the D0/LFRAME

So Im not sure...I could see how that would work...but why????

Seems like some real touchy work that doesnt have to be done????

Just my thoughts.......

ok 1st things frist i the cheap lpc and cheap mod r samething i renamed them both to cheap mod its a typo of mine sorry

2nd u would want to cut the Lframe so that u can use a cheap mod which is just a SST 49LF020 chip and u can get for like $4 and make a programer for like $15 and then u can use this to make ur own mods. now these r the same bios chip as on the aladdin and is a very good chip by its self but it needs Lframe which was taken out in 1.3 - 1.5(well from the lpc bus and the alt very hard to solder i mean very hard) and in this its got Lframe so u need to use it if u want to use the cheap mod and if u gnd it removes the signal so no lframe for the chip meaning no chip. so u would cut it to use it and yes it touchy work but it can b done easy enough.

and if u don't no wat the cheap mod is look on the mod gen 3a(cheapmod based)
and heres a link to a tut on how to make 1 and install it and stuff the mod and the programer

EDIT:
i just used that pic as and eg as i hav no cam myself to use and he didn't need to cut that he could hav just gounded it

cheers beerchug.gif

RayTwoOneThree

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

Can someone post some pics of the switch hooked up to the board.Or a diagram.Thanks

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »

Ahhhhhhh......I see what your sayin.....

To make like a 29 wire cheap mod....

Ok I get it.......

Thx for clearing that up....Was kinda confussed...

no that is not for a 29wire mod thats y ppl say cheaplpc(it is really called cheapmod) because ppl get it mixed up with the homebrew 29wire mod. its a lpc mod take  a look at the tut links i put for more info

EDIT:
u could do it this way to get any mod that isn't 1.3 - 1.5 compadible(because it can't emulate Lframe) that is flashable to work in a 1.6 eg of modchips r Xecuter 2.0, Xecuter 2.1, Chameleon V 1.0

cheers beerchug.gif

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »

The reason why you would have to cut the LFRAME track to get a cheapmod to work (in my understanding)...

On a v1.6 Xbox, the LFRAME signal is used to boot the onboard BIOS.  When you Ground the LFRAME signal, the onboard BIOS doesn't boot, and instead the LPC BIOS will boot.  This works fine for all chips that don't require an LFRAME signal from the motherboard.  However, cheapmods need an LFRAME signal to work...

So you would have to use the LFRAMe signal from the motherboard to enable the LPC BIOS, but at the same time, you DON'T want the onboard BIOS to receive the LFRAME signal.  So, by cutting the LFRAME track and soldering a wire to a cheapmod, you are effectively re-routing the LFRAME signal to the cheapmod, instead of the onboard BIOS.

spum02

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

is aladdin + and aladdin live the same thing?? if not, will this work with the aladdin live? i want to mod my 1.6 w/ aladdin live, but all this talk has me more confused.

let me know when that tutorial is ready. thanks

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

The reason why you would have to cut the LFRAME track to get a cheapmod to work (in my understanding)...

On a v1.6 Xbox, the LFRAME signal is used to boot the onboard BIOS. When you Ground the LFRAME signal, the onboard BIOS doesn't boot, and instead the LPC BIOS will boot. This works fine for all chips that don't require an LFRAME signal from the motherboard. However, cheapmods need an LFRAME signal to work...

So you would have to use the LFRAMe signal from the motherboard to enable the LPC BIOS, but at the same time, you DON'T want the onboard BIOS to receive the LFRAME signal. So, by cutting the LFRAME track and soldering a wire to a cheapmod, you are effectively re-routing the LFRAME signal to the cheapmod, instead of the onboard BIOS.

just wat i was about to say (well till i saw ur  post biggrin.gif )

is aladdin + and aladdin live the same thing?? if not, will this work with the aladdin live? i want to mod my 1.6 w/ aladdin live, but all this talk has me more confused.

let me know when that tutorial is ready. thanks

just do the same with the aladdin live (there not the same chip but both install the same)

For all the mods that needed LFRAME after M$ took it out...Gottcha....

So question?.....It has to be cut to make it work though?....They brought back LFRAME so why cant it just be wired to the new LFRAME without cutting it?

just to let u no Lframe was never (just out of the LPC bus) taking out as the Nvidia MCPX needed it. u could still get it off the MCPX but it was very hard just take a look at this (pic of it at the bottom)

EDIT:
typo tongue.gif

cheers beerchug.gif

MovesInSilence

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

unsure.gif Wouldn't the aladdin advance only require 1 wire to have a switch in it ?
doing the D0 wire would only be over kill. D0 is killed automaticly by the chip when not holding in the power button. Soooooo only a switch inline with LAD0 is required if using any chip that doesn't need a LFRAME siginal to work.

oh yeah picture for anyone interested in seeing how mines wired up ...minus the LAD0 fix though

sorry it's big  rolleyes.gif didn't get a chance to crisp it up for a smaller size...

V1.6 Aladdin Install pic

That will give you some idea of how ... just need to find better pic of the underside rebuild  smile.gif

jROC99

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »

For G support i found that I had to use the X2 4983 bios. As you said the M7 does not support it. But since this doesn't appear to work on the v1.6's.. jsut wait a while.. soon you will able to use your full HD. There will be some more new bioses out soon. I'm sure of that.

Koopa

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »

Just wait till M8_16 is compatible with xbtool, then we'll be able to use >137gb.

I'm 99% sure that's correct.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7