xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +  (Read 235 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

Very true.....When I check it with a volt meter I dont get a current at all....I can tell when a sigal goes through....

You won't measure LFrame as a voltage. You would need to use a scope.
The frequency that the signal switches peak to peak would not be measurable as a voltage.
Where did you read this? It doesn't make much sense to me, since the LFRAME is not a Supply Voltage, it is a Signal line. The signal passing through that line shouldn't cause any undue heat

This is also incorrect. Removing a signal by grounding that line could potetially cause problems. If you take a simple line output circuit, the base of the line oputput transistor is fed with a signal switched at a specific frequency (Not measurable as a voltage with a meter) but alter the frequency of that or ground it and the line output transistor goes.
Because the meter you measured a signal with shows no voltage does not mean there is no voltage present. to measure voltage with a scope of constantly switching signal you calculate the voltage by measuring the waveform from its lowest point (Trough) to its highest (peak)
If all this means any damage would occur in the Xbox by grounding the Lframe nobody will know yet until any (if there are to be any) failures occur. This may not be in a week or a month could be longer it would all depend.
I will be just disconnecting Lframe when I finally get my hands on 1.6. just in case until long term its proved no problem.
Trouble is in the UK the 1.6 does not see to exist yet. I bought 3 to do pre-mods yesterday and the dates were all from november last year.

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

yeah same here, I live in canada and haven't seen a single 1.6 yet.

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

yeah, it's the same story when they make a new revision. dry out the stock and ship new units. But around here I still see lots of 1.2 to 1.4 and the very VERY rare 1.5

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

You won't measure LFrame as a voltage. You would need to use a scope.
The frequency that the signal switches peak to peak would not be measurable as a voltage

You've  never actually looked at LFRAME on a scope have you?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

You've never actually looked at LFRAME on a scope have you?

me and you have been down this road before and I have already formed an opinion from previously reagrding you and your knowledge . fact is I ain't interested in anything you have to say in any post you make and have nothing to prove to you.
Big wow Hippo programmed a 12c508 and ripped off what aladdin already do with a lattice chip. Give him a chocolate noddy

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

precisionmods

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

Thanks for the info and help BaDvs3viL, Chancer and all. I was able to get it working by only putting a switch on the LAD0 line. I figure the Aladdin Team will need to update their mod by putting a pad to solder the point from the mobo to the pad and then allowing the CPLD to control the open/close of the points. This will allow full control once again through the power/eject buttons on the front.

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

To clarify for a noob:

I want to use a cheapmod for my v1.6 box. I have never modded before, I just bought Bunnies book last week. Im in no hurry to screw things up, I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before starting. Ive spent countless hours in these forums as such.

1. Is there a way to put an LFRAME (not sure what this is) on the cheapmod so the trace would not have to be cut? Any tutorials on this?
2. If not, does the LFRAME on the mobo have to be cut, or is there another way?
3. Will putting the toggle switch on the cut LFRAME toggle between the LPC and original BIOS?
4. Using cheapmod, I do rebuild the LPC exactly as the rebuild pics?

I know this thread was dedicated to the Aladdin modchip. Sorry for hijack. But im going to be ordering like 20 cheapmod kits online to have in stock for future endeavors. Id like to have a definitive approach before I do my first one.

Thanks for any step-by-step dummy instructions you can provide

1)u can lift the lframe pin but cutting it is easier look on the xbox-scene news page got all tuts for this
2)above wink.gif
3)not 100% sure because i haven't done a 1.6 with a switch but if u go back to about 3-4 is where i hav my theroy
4)yes lpc rebuild is the same for all mods

cheers beerchug.gif

spacefrog

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

Can you use a relay instead of a switch for lad0?

If you hook up power from.. wherever like 12v form the molex,

then hook up the trigger to the d0 on the chip, so that when It grounds the lframe it grounds the relay which causes the relay to turn on and switch the lad0 to the chip

when the relay is off the Lad0 is not connected to the chip.

Is this a good idea? can you do it with a transistor?

I had a go at 2 1.6's last nite, the first one isn't going....

anyhoo the 2nd one works as expected, but With the Lframe permanently grounded.... A quick 1/4 second tap on the power button (after the xbox is off for more than 5 seconds) causes it to turn on without any video/audio displayed. What's with that?? any1 else get this?  It has not been hooked up for Outside mode control, The BT wire is not connected at all.

Also has any1 got the HD LED to work? Mine lit up orange permanently when L2 L1 & BT were connected.

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2004, 04:08:00 AM »

You've never actually looked at LFRAME on a scope have you?

me and you have been down this road before and I have already formed an opinion from previously reagrding you and your knowledge . fact is I ain't interested in anything you have to say in any post you make and have nothing to prove to you.
Big wow Hippo programmed a 12c508 and ripped off what aladdin already do with a lattice chip. Give him a chocolate noddy

A simple no would suffice.

zecage1

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (urin8r @ Jul 8 2004, 11:38 PM)
Here is the link to the tutorial that says to cut the trace.

http://www.fnsimple.com/downloads/How to install an alladin live in a 1.6 xbox by Littlejonny.rar

Cut and paste url into browser.

may i know where can i get Littlejonny.rar guide to 1.6 mod

also can someone post BaDvs3viL pic for his mod on 1.6

thanks

skel924

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »

would this be any help to anybody? applies with aladdin advances on 1.6 boxes, at least for me:  user posted image
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]