xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +  (Read 244 times)

LDH

• Archived User
Xbox V1.6 Modded With Adalin +
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

uhh.gif

where is the location for LAD0!?  rolleyes.gif

ar_156

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

How is the tutorial going BaDvs3viL?

Do it fast before some one takes the credits!

MovesInSilence

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

LDH You will find the LAD0 is on the LPC repair diagrams ...it's the longest wire goes from the LPC port to a point next to R7P4.

ar_156

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

It's good to know you guys are having success with the Aladdin Advance on a v1.6, but can you share it with other members? What about thw wiring pictures (clear & sharper ones)? Some tutorial?

ar_156

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

It's good to know you guys are having success with the Aladdin Advance on a v1.6, but can you share it with other members? What about thw wiring pictures (clear & sharper ones)? Some tutorial?

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

BaDvs3viL, how many v1.6 have you modded with Aladdins now?  I tried to do one last week, but it didn't work.  I thought I must have made a mistake with the LPC rebuild, so I re-did it 3 times, but that didn't help.  Finally, I decided to try different types of chips (Akira and Akira 2).  These both worked fine.  I've heard of others having difficulty getting the Aladdin Advance chips to work.  I'm just wondering if you are able to get them to work everytime, or if you have any difficulties with any of them.

ar_156

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

Thanks for your concern.
What about a manual drawing? I have the Aladdin flashed already with M8 in a v1.5, I want to install it in the v1.6.
All I need is the wiring!!!

Thanks

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »

BaDvs3viL, how many v1.6 have you modded with Aladdins now? I tried to do one last week, but it didn't work. I thought I must have made a mistake with the LPC rebuild, so I re-did it 3 times, but that didn't help. Finally, I decided to try different types of chips (Akira and Akira 2). These both worked fine. I've heard of others having difficulty getting the Aladdin Advance chips to work. I'm just wondering if you are able to get them to work everytime, or if you have any difficulties with any of them.

Hay dzv, Ive installed 8 now and they all worked the first time.  Im not sure what your problem is.....

Thanks for your concern.
What about a manual drawing? I have the Aladdin flashed already with M8 in a v1.5, I want to install it in the v1.6.
All I need is the wiring!!!

Hay ar_156, Its easy man.  Use the Xenium LPC Rebulid pic and fix  your LPC's first..  The quick solder the aladin like you always do with ANY xbox.  Then take the D0 (LFRAME) from the xbox mobo and ground it to a ground, like a screw hole or something.  That will atleast have the modchip booting...

zecage1

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »

does it work with BT L1 and L2 wired
able to on anf off the mod or not ??

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

not to my understanding. there needs to be a new mechanism in place that can turn off the connection to lad0 and restore the lframe.

alladdin

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

will all aladdin versions work in this way?

manzp

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (flode @ Jul 15 2004, 11:04 AM)
I have installed AA64 in a Xbox v1.6.
When the modchip is activated it works well smile.gif
But when I just tap the on/off button to start it in normal mode, it just flashes and nothing happens..

You can see my installpic here:
http://www.digistore...v16-install.jpg

Please heeeelp...  ohmy.gif

I think you are missing the point that the aladdin cannot switch both the D0/LFrame and the LAD0. This is why people in the thread have been saying to install a switch. The post that mentioned that switching both D0/LFrame and LAD0 on the switch was overkill probably said this because they have set up the mod chip to use the BT, L1 and D0 points off the Aladdin. If you have to put in a switch anyway to switch the LAD0 it beggs the question why you would wire the BT, L1 and D0 wires in instead of switching D0/LFrame and LAD0 with a DPST switch. The only advantage of the extra wires is that the lights on the x-box may indicate the mod status, but if you have to switch the switch between modes anyway it seems pretty pointless.

MP

precisionmods

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

smile.gif

Just waiting for EEPROM manager for the 1.6 now for HDD. smile.gif

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »

Just done my second 1.6 install w/ an Alladin Advance, and this method, and it works great. A small DPDT switch on the side with switched D0 and LAD0 works great.

I used the holes to run the wires up. The bottom picture shows a wire attached to each point for LAD0, both of which are run up through the "end" LPC holes, while the d0 point is run through the second to end. This allowed me to not have to label them to know which pair of wires goes together when the backside is no longer visible.

More pictures, including larger versions of these pictures can be found here:

http://falz.net/gallery/xbox16mod

Falz,
  Very nice pics my man....Maybe I can finish this tutorial now...If you dont mind me using your pics that is?.....

Let me know I could use some help...   smile.gif

RayTwoOneThree

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

Has anyone tryed this was?I didnt understand how to do it so I did it this was way.
I used a SPDT mini toggle 3 prong
user posted image
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7