xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Unable To Install Games Onto Hard Drive  (Read 1092 times)

icarotrevisan

• Archived User
Unable To Install Games Onto Hard Drive
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

If M$ did this to ours XBOX360 via internet then why can´t we revert this HDD problem by the same way, RJ45? After all the problem is in the XBOX an not in HDD.

pahncrd

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(thwack @ Nov 19 2009, 11:31 AM) View Post

You've got a couple of options.....

1. Wait for the release of a method to alter your NAND (that holds the info to cripple HD functions - ie non trusted data crippling), this apparently will be out on or around the 20th. This involves dumping your NAND (no need for the JTAG wiring etc), altering it in a hex editor then reflashing the altered now pre-ban NAND back to your 360. Still no Live, but you can properly use the 360 offline (going back on Live would equal NAND banning again and you'd have to reflash it). See this thread on how to do the soldering/dumping, and the Free60.org website fo checking/verification. You'll still need to wait for the how-to on hex editing your NAND though.

2. Do an X-clamp replacement on your borking unbanned 360 to stop the RLOD error. Take the DVD drive from your banned 360. Dump the key (so you can restore it at a later date - V. important). Take the malfunctioning DVD drive from your RLOD console, and dump the key fom this. If they're both the same type of drive, insert the key from your malfunctioning DVD drive into your working one, pop it in th now fixed RLOD 360 and you're away smile.gif If the drives are different, simply spoof and insert key on your working drive and pop into your fixed 360.

Thanks man.   happy.gif

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2009, 04:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(pahncrd @ Nov 22 2009, 05:55 AM) View Post

Thanks man.   happy.gif

No troubs - I've done a tut on uncrippling you Hard Drive here:

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4573987

Enjoy smile.gif

neverthesame

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(thwack @ Nov 22 2009, 07:22 AM) *

No troubs - I've done a tut on uncrippling you Hard Drive here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry4573987

Enjoy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

TYVM!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

Thought i'd better update:

Noob friendly tut in my sig smile.gif

Syn201

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(icarotrevisan @ Nov 20 2009, 11:20 PM) View Post

If M$ did this to ours XBOX360 via internet then why can´t we revert this HDD problem by the same way, RJ45? After all the problem is in the XBOX an not in HDD.

i was thinking of that myself if they can do it over rj45 why cant we other than they make them and they know the tech
in theory i suppose its possible unless it was some code built into the dash update or nand that opened another bit of code that ms wrote in when they first made the xbox
it would need some kind of hefty elaborate contraption to do it i would think
myself i dont much care if games install to hdd or not and can live with the 3 minutes it takes to uncorrupt profile but it is good to see people finding ways around the hdd install crippling or whatever technical name ms gave it ..

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

I would venture to guess when the updates are going on and you are waiting for them to install there is "code" running in the background, similar to the "command prompt" or DOS if you will. It is definitely easy to write a program to execute the program within it.

darkside1980

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

Question My console was ban Plus the RROD and HDD Problem. I just finish the Xclamp replacement. my question since my system is ban with the RROD is there a chance that I will get the RROD again on my ban console.

echoscience

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »

i got banned a long time ago i think during the first wave. i recently tried streaming media so i plugged in my network cable and ever since i am not longer able to install games to my HDD. i have a launch console and so my disc drive is old and shitty. i am really bummed i can't play any fucking games from the HDD anymore. god damn Nazi's microshit is a bunch of cock sucking fascists.

anyways HOW DO I GET MY GAMES WORKING FROM MY HDD AGAIN?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]