xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Unable To Install Games Onto Hard Drive  (Read 1154 times)

benhouli

• Archived User
Unable To Install Games Onto Hard Drive
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(PenguinComrade @ Nov 9 2009, 05:59 PM) *

kind of funny, no one believed me at first but then the ban wave comes along then everyones on the same boat and now starts to believe. o_o

i wasn't on this forum back then
when i saw your post it was too late for me...

still hope someone will fix the HDD issue

edrojo

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(H311m4n @ Nov 7 2009, 01:48 PM) View Post

Yipikayay count me in as another banned user  grr.gif

I don't even have gold live, only silver but I guess that was enough to get my good 3 year old xbox banned. If M-BullS think its going to make me buy a new one just because Christmas is almost here they can keep dreaming. Ban me from live if you want, but don't brick my console for it. I do have back-ups, but I also have every game in a legit little green box for f's sakes  grr.gif , I gave you money MS, although your games are so damn expensive, but still you had to ban me didn't you? Well guess what, Sony will probably get my money next, not you.

Like most people, I don't care about being banned from live itself since I don't care about online, but being able to install games on the HDD is just something I must have since this stupid console is so damn loud.

I've had it with MS. Will use my banned xbox for xbox-only games (like FM3 or Halo) for the rest I have my PC so its not so bad I guess, its just annoying really  dry.gif .

I agree, I will buy an PS3

tysonstorm

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(H311m4n @ Nov 8 2009, 01:43 PM) View Post

Well the way I see it, the only solutions are:

1. Buy a new xbox and leave it stock to go on live with legit copies and keep your backups for your banned xbox

2. Buy a dead xbox on ebay for 20-40$ and repair it yourself, rrods are essentially caused by overheating, I guess its not that hard to fix (tbh I just bought one yesterday for 30$)

3. Call up MS to ask them what the hell is going on with the HDD, they'll likely tell you that you got pwnd and that there's nothing you or they can do about it. After all we did violate the warranty...but I do wonder if MS had the right to "brick" our consoles the way they did ("brick" in the sense that we can't use our HDDs no more without formatting it. I mean, what's the point of 120Gb if I can't install anything on it... dry.gif ). As someone said it before, its our hardware, we paid for it and we have the right to do what we want with hit. Hell, if I decide to take a sledgehammer and smash my xbox 360 with it, are they going to ban me from live too?  ohmy.gif

4. If you didn't break your warranty sticker, I guess you could try to call MS and say you got a rrod and need your console repaired. If they ask for a bill or anything, tell them you bought the console on ebay and you don't have anything. That's what I did with my xbox 2 years ago (I bought it on ebay and it wasn't modded at the time), it died and they still accepted it. It is probable that they'll send you a new system (at least that's the rumor) instead of repairing it.

5. If even possible (and I don't think it is) we can wait for a fix from someone...

6. Finally, you could ditch your xbox and buy a ps3 but I don't know what those consoles are worth...i know online is free which is pretty cool

I'm banned too.

But I'm going with option 4.  biggrin.gif

Warrenty expires in 2 weeks time. Enough time for RROD methinks.  wink.gif

razielrj07

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »

Ok i got a theory but dont know if will work, if it does work then maybe the HDD install games could be restord, but i cant test it myself since im not that good with tech stuff, and i read everywhere that u guys are masters at this xbox things.

Ok what if i suggest somebody tried this.
Unplug HDD
Clear the cache and format everything is posible from the xbox
This will cause like a "decrease" on the dashboard, having the old classic one
Then downloading the update from xbox.com having then the NXE on a CD or DVD then installing it on the 360
Plug the HDD
See if the install feature works
If it doesnt work...
Again unplug the HDD
Clearing cache
But instead of installing the game from xbox.com, try getting the NXE from a game, not from xbox.com, i think wheelman has it.

Thats it, maybe this will work i got a strong feeling it will work, specially since i been reading old post from this same theme or thread what ever you wanna call it, and from what i understand M$ didnt mean to do the not been able to install games on the HDD, so maybe this will correct the problem

H311m4n

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2009, 03:23:00 AM »

I'm not the xbox-hacking expert  tongue.gif , but I don't think it'll work because the HDD lockdown is probably done at another level in the 360 itself. Again, if it was just a matter of wiping your HDD their ban would have no point...

But I'll let anyone try anything, I'm at work so I can't do it anyway

timdafweak

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »

Same here, will try it when i Get back home. Stuck at work! grrr

razielrj07

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »

Please i would appreciate somebody try this, just wipe out completly NXE then having the old dashboard installing the NXE again, maybe that will work, even more maybe not the NXE from xbox.com since its more likely that has the part that bricks the HDD, maybe and older version like in wheelman i think has one

timdafweak

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »

I'd try to do it, however, i Know not how to tongue.gif

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »

The XBox-Scene experts really haven't seen this yet or they'd be having a field day.

The NXE is flashed into the console now and is now the main dashboard. Unplug your HDD, NXE still loads even if you don't have a HDD.

Besides, it has been stated several times in different forum areas that the block is somewhere in the NAND Chip. People have stated that if you have a backup of your NAND and then re-flash it after you're banned you'll get the ability to install back to your HDD.

Do a search, you'll find it.

neverthesame

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(DemisesAngel @ Nov 10 2009, 09:21 PM) *

The XBox-Scene experts really haven't seen this yet or they'd be having a field day.

The NXE is flashed into the console now and is now the main dashboard. Unplug your HDD, NXE still loads even if you don't have a HDD.

Besides, it has been stated several times in different forum areas that the block is somewhere in the NAND Chip. People have stated that if you have a backup of your NAND and then re-flash it after you're banned you'll get the ability to install back to your HDD.

Do a search, you'll find it.

is this nand backup unique to each xbox? so if i didnt have a backup im f*up?   unsure.gif  sad.gif

tysonstorm

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2009, 02:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(neverthesame @ Nov 11 2009, 06:00 AM) View Post

is this nand backup unique to each xbox? so if i didnt have a backup im f*up?   unsure.gif  sad.gif

It's not all doom and gloom. Go buy a cheap Arcade or Pro, format your HDD and whack it on there. Keep the modded one as a "try before I buy" machine. Or at the very least give it to ya kids (if you have any) and let them do what they will with it.  smile.gif

It's not the end of the world.  cool.gif

Just think you get to play your old games again.  tongue.gif

CK0

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »

xbox 360 dashboard updates are saved where?  on the console itself, right?  not on the HDD, i assume. because HDDs can be exchanged/replaced/upgraded...

if this dashboard update is the cause of the [banned] console not being able to installed games to the hdd, then just don't update the dashboard?  i never connect to LIVE on my modded console.

unless games start having dashboard updates included, in order to play them.
OR
if you connect a HDD to a modded system, which the HDD was previous connected to a console that accepted the new dash, i would hope that HDD would not force an update on the modded system, in order to play.

pahncrd

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »

I upgraded to the newest dashboard and lost my ability to install games.  MS is getting too draconian for my tastes.  

I actually have an unbanned xbox, but the dvd-rom is completely shot and the box tends to rrod from time to time.  Can anyone shoot me the newest guide for using the nand from the unbanned xbox to unban my banned xbox?  I have looked around, but honestly I am pretty confused and I am hoping there is a newer guide I might have missed.  I have already googled around, but I just wanted to see if anyone here knew of a better method.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2009, 03:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(pahncrd @ Nov 11 2009, 04:27 PM) View Post

I upgraded to the newest dashboard and lost my ability to install games.  MS is getting too draconian for my tastes.  

I actually have an unbanned xbox, but the dvd-rom is completely shot and the box tends to rrod from time to time.  Can anyone shoot me the newest guide for using the nand from the unbanned xbox to unban my banned xbox?  I have looked around, but honestly I am pretty confused and I am hoping there is a newer guide I might have missed.  I have already googled around, but I just wanted to see if anyone here knew of a better method.

You've got a couple of options.....

1. Wait for the release of a method to alter your NAND (that holds the info to cripple HD functions - ie non trusted data crippling), this apparently will be out on or around the 20th. This involves dumping your NAND (no need for the JTAG wiring etc), altering it in a hex editor then reflashing the altered now pre-ban NAND back to your 360. Still no Live, but you can properly use the 360 offline (going back on Live would equal NAND banning again and you'd have to reflash it). See this thread on how to do the soldering/dumping, and the Free60.org website fo checking/verification. You'll still need to wait for the how-to on hex editing your NAND though.

2. Do an X-clamp replacement on your borking unbanned 360 to stop the RLOD error. Take the DVD drive from your banned 360. Dump the key (so you can restore it at a later date - V. important). Take the malfunctioning DVD drive from your RLOD console, and dump the key fom this. If they're both the same type of drive, insert the key from your malfunctioning DVD drive into your working one, pop it in th now fixed RLOD 360 and you're away smile.gif If the drives are different, simply spoof and insert key on your working drive and pop into your fixed 360.

Zack_sparrow

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

after ban,
the console cannot install game
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7