xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Rumour: Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console  (Read 2742 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Rumour: Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

Unban your console (Link goes to demo, links to hack in video description)

LOL.... biggrin.gif

Here's something for all the newbs asking to be unbanned.  laugh.gif

I'll just be sitting here, don't bother asking me about this, either, because I think it's obvious.

pop.gif

(no, I didn't do this, either)

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Nov 11 2009, 03:21 AM) *

Woah ho ho, hold on there cowboy. You're making a broad assumption there. Could you guess what that is?

You're assuming that if games were not pirated they would be bought. A simple suggestion that some people would want to play the game so much that they'd buy it if they had to. Assuming as such is blatantly wrong. I personally would go out and find out what this "social life" thing is before I would pay for 90% of those games. Being banned has made me consider the PS3 option, purely out of spite. I'm one of many.

Im not assuming, im giving sample figures.

gundamhr

• Archived User
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Nov 12 2009, 02:45 AM) View Post

I'm a bit troubled by several reports of unmodded consoles getting banned though.... that smacks of the infamous "angle bannings" that was not a foolproof method of detecting hacked drives (since legit drives with weaker optics could return a 360 angle). That would point to Microsoft using a group of timings to detect differences between drives, and they may be relying on ranges of values that simply aren't tight enough to exclude legitimate users with failing optical drives.

i hope this is true, if i remember correctly many people got unbanned due to this in the last ban wave, correct? although i find it hard to believe that 1 million people are going to be unbanned. so my logic tells me that even if a small amount were banned illegitimately then there is nothing we can do except wait for new fw.

SpikeMage

• Archived User
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Nov 12 2009, 04:03 PM) View Post
Unban your console (Link goes to demo, links to hack in video description)

LOL.... biggrin.gif

Here's something for all the newbs asking to be unbanned.  laugh.gif

I'll just be sitting here, don't bother asking me about this, either, because I think it's obvious.

pop.gif

(no, I didn't do this, either)

But dude! It's "finding sectors..."! I don't know what a sector is but it's gona find them. this seems legit! laugh.gif

kdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(haqtiq @ Nov 11 2009, 08:23 AM) View Post

You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet.

speaking of eggs... there are a few on C4Eva's face if indeed the modified firmware is detectable (by any means) which he has refuted on several occasions. (Detected / read / distinguishable / probed / logged....  all amounts to the same thing for the flamers that want to split hairs).

mhouldey

• Archived User
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(tracy2420 @ Nov 12 2009, 11:50 PM) View Post

What really would be funny is if Windows was able to identify if a 360 drive was connected to the pc and then used some sort of algorithm to tie it to a database of code stored on their servers somewhere.  It would then find some unique code and match it with your online profile.  I know, its sounds crazy but what if?

LOL.  That was a joke, right?  love.gif

QUOTE(kdallas @ Nov 13 2009, 12:49 PM) View Post

speaking of eggs... there are a few on C4Eva's face if indeed the modified firmware is detectable (by any means) which he has refuted on several occasions. (Detected / read / distinguishable / probed / logged....  all amounts to the same thing for the flamers that want to split hairs).

It's better to be very intelligent and have egg on your face, than be a stupid n00b, though.  Cheers, kdallas. love.gif

kiwimods

• Archived User
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(kdallas @ Nov 14 2009, 01:49 AM) View Post

why would there be eggs on his face? are these actual chicken eggs, fried or scrambled?

Would a rooster lay the eggs to be thrown at his face?

QUOTE(mhouldey @ Nov 15 2009, 02:09 AM) View Post

LOL.  That was a joke, right?  love.gif
It's better to be very intelligent and have egg on your face, than be a stupid n00b, though.  Cheers, kdallas. love.gif

this is good yes. :-)

kdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(kiwimods @ Nov 14 2009, 10:25 PM) *

Would a rooster lay the eggs to be thrown at his face?

who said anything about such violence?  You must be confusing this with a theatre actor who gets rotten fruit (usually tomato) thrown at him.
With you being from Nuh Zilland however, I'll let this one slide  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Google the phrase if you really must.

Bravo1

• Archived User
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

I think it's perfect timing that the bans come right during the holiday season and some major game releases.

This way M$ can report that they outsold last years number of consoles same quarter and make their shareholders happy.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]