xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: What The Hell?  (Read 707 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Jan 29 2006, 04:07 PM) View Post

the difference in halo is pretty much texture resolution.....i cant say i was dissapointed in the way halo2 looked at all

oblivion took it to another level after all the other cuts theyve me

umm texture resolution?  they also toned down lighting, shadows, reflections (not even sure if any made it in), AA, among other things.  

the only cut i see out of oblivion is the shadows toned down, not cut but toned down.  again would you much rather wait another year to get shadows from skeletons and books?  not me.  

give it a year and you will start seeing games exceed your expectations for graphics, for now enjoy the graphics only possible on a $1000+ PC or the 360  smile.gif

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 29 2006, 10:14 PM) View Post

umm texture resolution?  they also toned down lighting, shadows, reflections (not even sure if any made it in), AA, among other things.  

the only cut i see out of oblivion is the shadows toned down, not cut but toned down.  again would you much rather wait another year to get shadows from skeletons and books?  not me.  

give it a year and you will start seeing games exceed your expectations for graphics, for now enjoy the graphics only possible on a $1000+ PC or the 360  smile.gif

to be honest im more upset then before now seeing the video, what really irks me is how awkward it was to see a shadow from an npc dispear when it died

and what the fuck shadows gone made all the brick walls look like shit.....thats even worse

CAjr45

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

i sure hope thats the pc version. the pc and 360 version are probably made by 2 different companies since their 2 compelety different systems.

i hope all works for the best

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(CAjr45 @ Jan 29 2006, 10:32 PM) View Post

i sure hope thats the pc version. the pc and 360 version are probably made by 2 different companies since their 2 compelety different systems.

i hope all works for the best

a...no

people need to understand, the real time shadows on everything was groundbreaking and takeing out that little thing is just horrible after it was built up so much now would i have cared if i never saw them in the game before? probably not but the game probably would have been considered truely next gen either

just knowing what could have been will completley ruin the game no matter how good it is

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

and when i talk about atmosphere i talk about this
IPB Image

vs the promised

http://img374.images...nap543954ng.png

granted the 2nd is a lower quality pic you get why its more immersive hopefully

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

A lot of people in the elders scrolls forum have speculated that it was the 360 version of the game that ultimately determined the elimination for inanimate objects soft shadowing.  Meaning that, since the 360 could not handle it, they then decided to disable it in the pc version so both would be the same, thereby keeping MS happy, and not creating uproar in the gaming community.

I hope this is indeed not the case, but the fact they did not even allow some kind of box in the pc version to be checked on or off for inanimate object soft shadowing, and that the game was not optimized with the 360 final hardware, makes me wonder.  I also have a hard time believing that a Nvidia 7900 in SLI, or ATi 1900 crossFire could not handle this feature.  

Also, has no soft shadowing in inanimate objects in the final version of the game been officially confirmed by bethesda?  Or does all this come from the unfinished german video of the game?  If so, a link would be much appreciated.

Heet

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

Wow this bites.  Its not nexgen anymore lol.  Oh well, i was gonna get it but now ive seen mgp3 and graw and really could care less.

Moleman

• Recovered User
What The Hell?
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

It's official.  However, I would hope that the option was disabled due to the low-mid range pc's, but this is doubtful.  Let's hope that the 360 is as powerful as we thought.

BTW: 1000 posts!

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Moleman @ Jan 29 2006, 08:32 PM) View Post

It's official.  However, I would hope that the option was disabled due to the low-mid range pc's, but this is doubtful.  Let's hope that the 360 is as powerful as we thought.

BTW: 1000 posts!

It that were indeed the case, they would just add an option box like all other graphical effects in pc games that can be checked or unchecked depending on your pc specs.

yaazz

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »

hmm wow, this game looks like crap now.

I cant say I am not disapointed because I am. If I havent been looking forward to this game for a long time then I would definitley skip over it now.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(yaazz @ Jan 29 2006, 09:32 PM) View Post

hmm wow, this game looks like crap now.

I cant say I am not disapointed because I am. If I havent been looking forward to this game for a long time then I would definitley skip over it now.

To say it looks like crap is a little harsh.  Oblivion still look extremely good, better then anything currently out, imo.  It's just too bad that no soft shadowing (no shadowing cast at all) by inanimate objects will be present.  This adds tangible depth to everything in general, instead of the "cut-and-paste" look of things without shadows sad.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

Don't pass judgement until its actually released, it may turn out to be better looking than we think, and honestly (myelf included), we seem awfully quick 2 criticize.

Personally, I may pass on this altogether. I didnt make that decision just because of this latest turn of events, but Recon and Tomb Raider(still praying its decent) and whatever else hits in March, will keep me more than busy.

Thank goodness Splinter got delayed, I hate when a single month is packed with high profile games I want  grr.gif

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

no, dynamic shadows is what made oblivion better then everything else....there are far better looking games out there(not rpgs, because well that market is dominated by jap shit graphics with cgi and MMORPG which look like ass)

Xombe

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2006, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Jan 30 2006, 03:33 AM) View Post

i figure more people view these forums

No decent reason.. More work for us.  Please use the proper forums (not the pinned topic in 360 General Chat addressing precisely that.

Moving..

Inuyasha152

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

Heard about this a little while ago. Really, very dissapointed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14