xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: I Think I Have Just Cracked It Re: Bans  (Read 1071 times)

thisempty

• Archived User
I Think I Have Just Cracked It Re: Bans
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 05:31:00 AM »

So, the real question now should be:
As anyone that flashed the firmware right out of the box and THEN got on Live has been banned??
If theres nobody in this situation i think you may have just hit the jackpot.
If this gets confirmed  we go out and bye a core and flash it before going on live and we should be fine.

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

I bought my core system original and played online.After a month i flashed it with toolbox3.0.Before the spring-update i updated to 3.1b.I downloaded h3 12 hours after release with CD.Played for one hour and turned it off to get some sleep.The next morning i turned my xbox360 on and signed in.I also booted my laptop when i saw the news of the banning i turned off the xbox and flashed it back to the original fw.Still no ban so far.Do you guys think i should be afraid?I played like 20 hours command and conquer 3 biggrin.gif that game rox!

ka-b00m

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 05:39:00 AM »

Hi

Here's my info...

I flashed my MS25 drive way back and after i logged to XBOX Live...
I always flashed ODD with no HDD atached to the 360... So never log in to any account when flashing...
Never played a backup/copy online (multiplayer) only with originals... But i played backup/copy games logged to XBOX Live...
Always flashed back my ODD drive with the original firmware everytime i update my 360 with a new update...

I updated my 360 with spring update a couple of days after it was released... flashed my ODD from original firmware to 5.3 in the same day...

Not banned yet...

I'll try to log to Live in a few hours and see if my status changes...

Also i have 3 Users/Accounts on my 360... One GOLD, One Silver and one offline... my 360 is from 11/2005

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 05:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(jazz63 @ May 19 2007, 01:16 PM) View Post

Four of us flashed with new 5.3 fm we all updated with orig games then two of us went live with backups and got banned the other two only went online with original games and are still happliy playing online with originals.

when you say you flashed with the fw, is that from straight out of the box, or is it after x hours/days/weeks of playing on it beforehand.

all we need to debunk this is any single confirmed reports of straight-out-box hacks that have been banned, and I've not seen one yet

Phat Phreddy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »

I am also unbanned with a FW flashed prior to ever going on live..

Samsung drive.. Unknown firmware (store bought flashed). .Purchased aug / sept 06..

Fall update but not spring.. Currently do not appear banned (prompted to take the spring update)..

I tend to think tho that they could not detect the firmware for changes right back in the beggining.. I suspect it was introduced later (fall update) if this is the way (they had to know to look at this)..

Also as many FW's back then were not stealth look for the banhammer later or with the jitter fix.. Change the drive to a stealth / jitter fix FW and we get banned immediate.. Keep running non stealth and get ban eventually based on jitter info tied up with console account slowly.

ratis

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 05:46:00 AM »

i starting to think this could be true
my 360 is banned and i flash way after i started using live
however 4 of my buddies who flashed their 360 straight outta the box are all fine and working with live intact
oh and by the way i dont believe the can test the firm
i got curious yesterday and called tech support
and the went through the whole deal your banned blah blah blah
and i said i dont know how this could be ive never touch the thing
then the lady had me turn on my box while she tested my system and she said everything looked fine
but then my damn cordless died so i gotta call back today
(oh while she was doing her tests i had an original game in the drive ) just my opinion take it for what its worth

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 05:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(thisempty @ May 19 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post

So, the real question now should be:
As anyone that flashed the firmware right out of the box and THEN got on Live has been banned??
If theres nobody in this situation i think you may have just hit the jackpot.
If this gets confirmed  we go out and bye a core and flash it before going on live and we should be fine.

Ms is not going to use one method to detect people in the future.Atleast if they will use there brains.

MickRick

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »

Cheers for this Pabs. I logged onto Live before flashing my drive but never layed any games on Live until after flashing my drive. Dunno where this puts me. All other current info is in my signature.

Gneiss

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »

My 360 Core was modded long before I went on Live for the first time and after that I've played online every now and then and to my knowledge I'm not banned (sent away the box to update firmware for spring update).

But how would this theory of yours work for me since I have a Dual FW box and I've been on Live with both modes?

ka-b00m

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 06:03:00 AM »

Tested my Xbox Live connection with and without the HDD connected and my status is still unbanned...

Reminder:
Spring Update with flashed firmware 5.3 after

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 06:07:00 AM »

The BIG thread with the missing posts has a member confirming a straight out of the box flashed console as banned.
No I am not going through it all again to find it. I ahve just spent 3 hours sorting out the shit in there.

xprezz

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 06:08:00 AM »

Theory doesnt work.. I had my 360 for well over a year unflashed using live all the time. Had it flashed just prior to spring update. Played backup crackdown and halo3 beta. Not banned!

MS28 5.3 firmware <<-- has anyone seen one of these banned yet?

nos666

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »

not banned
PAL Xbox 360
Germany
Samsung drive
I flashed the firmware to 5.2 straight out of the box on my new 360 before playing or getting online
I flashed to firmware 5.3 before the spring update
don't played Halo 3 Beta; played a copy of Crackdown some weeks ago
I played a copy of  Oblivion while I was online in XBL on 17/05/07 till 10pm then I played a copy of Halo 2 on XBL since 18/05/07 till 01am
I played Oblivion while I was online in XBL on 18/05/07 from 11am till 01pm; after that on 4pm I reconnected to XBL to play some Arcade games

catman25

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »

seeing how the only reason I bought a 360 was for free games! i modded the box before i did live, played games, so on ...Wonder if game saves has something to do with it.Game save(achevments) save personal info about your system ....Only way of knowing is if someone goes out and buys a xbox 360 hacks it before anything and test this theory.  Sop to sum it up

xbox360
5.2b
sammy 28
hacked before any game played,or xbox live did staRT IT UP AND CHECK SETTINGS,tO MAKE HDTV AND SOUND OPTIONS..can any one print up those microsoft seal labels?Flash back to right fw and put new sticker on ????How could they still say no to replacing unit or uplifting ban.

PotentialXboxOwner

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 06:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(xprezz @ May 19 2007, 01:44 PM) View Post

Theory doesnt work.. I had my 360 for well over a year unflashed using live all the time. Had it flashed just prior to spring update. Played backup crackdown and halo3 beta. Not banned!

MS28 5.3 firmware <<-- has anyone seen one of these banned yet?

That does not disprove the theory.

The only thing that will disprove the theory is someone who is definitely sure that the first thing they did was unpack their xbox and then flash straight away who has been banned.

At the moment, I'm not aware of anyone who has said this. The fact that you haven't been banned and have logged into Live before being flashed doesn't disprove the theory. Although I'm new here (first post), I think it would be wise to keep this thread only to those who have flashed their 360's before going on Live to avoid confusion and save time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16