xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: I Think I Have Just Cracked It Re: Bans  (Read 1078 times)

SirPablo

• Archived User
I Think I Have Just Cracked It Re: Bans
« on: May 19, 2007, 05:10:00 AM »

Ok bare with me, This will be long and im tired, Been up most of the night collating info.

It seems that when you first power on your machine and play a game or logg onto Live that a "Finger Print" of your Machine is taken.

So when your drive is flashed the print has changed a little and your banned.

However I know a few peeps who are NOT banned who have played a copy of crackdown and the Halo 3 Beta, However they had thier boxes flashed before playing a game or logging into LIVE, Hence the finger print hasnt changed at all, NOT BANNED.

To add further fuel to my theory:

I know someone with an Elite, the dvd drive broke so as he couldnt send it to M$ he went to a shop and got it replaced with a NON flashed ben Q drive, Finger print changed now BANNED, He has never played a backup.

So guys hope that all makes sence, Please post what happend to you guys

Did you :
Flash before playing/logging onto Live or After

Are you :
Banned or not

ME? Well I played for a couple of months, then flashed, now BANNED.

Help me out guys am I right ??????

Steve-0

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 04:39:00 AM »

you could be right, there are so many possibility's floating round at the moment, this sounds feesable similar to the xbox1 eeprom thing, the only prob now could be that M$ knows the haxord f/w's and could flag them to be checked in a future update possibly.

SirPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 05:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Steve-0 @ May 19 2007, 12:15 PM) *

you could be right, there are so many possibility's floating round at the moment, this sounds feesable similar to the xbox1 eeprom thing, the only prob now could be that M$ knows the haxord f/w's and could flag them to be checked in a future update possibly.

That could well be the case but I still think the theory of M$ CANT DETECT THE F/W still stands firm, I may of course be totally wrong.........

gunsrcool

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 04:43:00 AM »

i flashed to 5.3a before spring update. then i started reading about the bans and decided to flash back my original FW before connecting to live yesterday, i am currently playing forza 2 demo, connected to live with no probs

I AM NOT BANNED......YET! pop.gif

SirPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(gunsrcool @ May 19 2007, 12:19 PM) View Post

i flashed to 5.3a before spring update. then i started reading about the bans and decided to flash back my original FW before connecting to live yesterday, i am currently playing forza 2 demo, connected to live with no probs

I AM NOT BANNED......YET! pop.gif

But the question was

When your box was new, did you flash it before doing anything else with it or did you play a game or log into live BEFORE flashing it?

jack_561

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 04:47:00 AM »

Good thought. My info confirms your theory but I'm not too sure. I will see what becomes of this

Not Banned
UK
Xbox 360 Core
Flashed before I went online
MS25 5.3a

Also a thing to add, may not be relevent; whenever I connect I have nothing in the drive. Not going to log in again in the hope that if I dont login I cant get the 360 banned. Hope to survive until a patch or something comes out.

thegamesmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 05:27:00 AM »

I also flashed (by chance) when my ethernet cable was unplugged so what you're saying sounds right....

I hope so anyway!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Edit: Mine is a Samsung MS25 drive...

This post has been edited by thegamesmaster: May 19 2007, 12:36 PM

SirPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 04:53:00 AM »

This is looking good guys, Please keep the info coming

ash1471

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 05:30:00 AM »

Im not banned either. Console was modded straight out of the box. I had never been on Live prior to the Firmware flash.

You could be onto somthing here.

ASH

P.S Drive is Samsung MS28

This post has been edited by ash1471: May 19 2007, 12:32 PM

IanJ

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 05:04:00 AM »

At last a sensible post.............so many polls and information gathering around but just about all of them incomplete therefore useless IMHO.

SirPablo.....thanks for your post......it's exactly the info I was looking to hear about whilst I have been waiting and deciding wherher to flash back my console to it's original firmware (bought modded and before going live).

Ian.

SirPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(IanJ @ May 19 2007, 12:40 PM) View Post

At last a sensible post.............so many polls and information gathering around but just about all of them incomplete therefore useless IMHO.

SirPablo.....thanks for your post......it's exactly the info I was looking to hear about whilst I have been waiting and deciding wherher to flash back my console to it's original firmware (bought modded and before going live).

Ian.

Ian your welcome, Lets just hope between us all we can figure it out fully.

uploader26

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 05:12:00 AM »

Thx SirPablo,

My console was modded straight out of the box too. Never been on Live or playing a game before. And i'm not banned.

Let's hope it stays that way biggrin.gif

SirPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(uploader26 @ May 19 2007, 12:48 PM) View Post

Thx SirPablo,

My console was modded straight out of the box too. Never been on Live or playing a game before. And i'm not banned.

Let's hope it stays that way biggrin.gif

This theory is really getting momentum now !

Thanks for all your comments guys, Keep em coming

Steve7002

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 05:25:00 AM »

I bought a MS28 last weekend, took the spring update when the original firmware was on there and signed up for live with the original firmware. I then flashed it to 5.3 and played on Call of Duty 3 (backup) on live all of last weekend and tried Spiderman 3 (backup), Shrek The Third (backup) and Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 (backup) in single player mode although the network cable was in so I may have been signed in to live, console was off from Monday night till last night and I havn't been banned yet.

Englishkid

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 05:26:00 AM »

Mines

Not Banned
UK
Xbox 360 Premium
Flashed after I went online
MS28 5.3a

I played halo 3 and other games on live with my modded firmware and i'm not banned so i dunno
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16