xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: I Think I Have Just Cracked It Re: Bans  (Read 1080 times)

KingofKings

• Archived User
I Think I Have Just Cracked It Re: Bans
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 06:18:00 AM »

i was told by a customer service rep and by the live supervisor that they do indeed catch you through the beta. i flashed my drive a few monthes ago and just got banned last night while playing the beta. I am fortunate to have a modded pro system and an unmodded elite. i play backups on the modded and my online games on my elite since my pro was the only one that got banned. is there any way they can ban my elite even thought its not modded or flased just becuz they banned my pro.

MourningWood

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 06:20:00 AM »

I flashed my buddies launch system that his been on live since he had it, done two days before the update scar w/ 5.1A and reflashed with 5.3A a day before the update and he has been online like a champ.

It still seems like there is no method to this madness.  Everytime I get a working theory in my head I read up and it gets proven wrong.  I think it is something we are missing or they use circumstances like if A, B and C happen, ban.  If only A and B, or B and C happens then all is good.

uploader26

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 06:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(xprezz @ May 19 2007, 02:44 PM) View Post

Theory doesnt work.. I had my 360 for well over a year unflashed using live all the time. Had it flashed just prior to spring update. Played backup crackdown and halo3 beta. Not banned!

MS28 5.3 firmware <<-- has anyone seen one of these banned yet?

That doesn't say anything. With some bad luck you will get banned, sooner or later. This thread is about people who got their Xbox flashed right out of the box, and i personally never opened the box after that, and all of those guys i know have not been banned as of yet

Phat Phreddy

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 06:27:00 AM »

Posting that something is not banned does not break a possible theory tho.. They may get banned for it tomorrow or next week..

Only positive information, EG bans that have actually been handed out, can emphasise a trend.. Also have to count in there a statistical error margin for live update screwups and accidental bans..

I agree those that went on live without ever being unflashed look better off.. But I suspect MS are also doing drive speed tests, jitter tests, and other non stealth tests.. With these they will gradually ban. This would be in addition to obvious FW changing people who get an immediate ban.

That would explain why some people are banned and others not for the same sets of status, some may have failed more 'margin' or tolerance type tests and crossed a banhammer threashold..

RuFf rYdA

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »

I think i know the problem from experiences

*** IF you flash your xbox 360 out of the box then connect to live you will be ok, YOu can even upgrade and be ok, They only ban if you have been online with original F/W then changed it***

Summary

Original logged onto live  1st time THEN flashed = Banned
Upgraded out of the box onto live 1st time and reupgraded = Not banned

hotzone

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »

Mine was modded out of the box and im banned. sad.gif

My friends was also modded however he was on live before modding his isnt banned.

Go figure

SirPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(hotzone @ May 19 2007, 02:24 PM) View Post

My friends was also modded straight out of the box, he was on live before modding his isnt banned.

Go figure

Did you power it up at all before flashing?

RuFf rYdA

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 06:51:00 AM »

seems like Ms reps are trying to confuse ppl on these forums

hotzone

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(hotzone @ May 19 2007, 02:24 PM) View Post

My friends was also modded however he was on live before modding his isnt banned.

Go figure

Nope, unwrapped out of the box and then started to take it apart.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(MourningWood @ May 19 2007, 08:56 AM) View Post
I flashed my buddies launch system that his been on live since he had it, done two days before the update scar w/ 5.1A and reflashed with 5.3A a day before the update and he has been online like a champ.

It still seems like there is no method to this madness. Everytime I get a working theory in my head I read up and it gets proven wrong. I think it is something we are missing or they use circumstances like if A, B and C happen, ban. If only A and B, or B and C happens then all is good.

Don't give up.  Remember just because a few posters with 1 - 10 post count comes on and says they debunked your theory doesn't mean they have.  Microsoft isn't above using these boareds to spread misinformation and keep the community unbalanced.  Remember they use .other peoples blogs to advertise there stuff and spread propaganda

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »

seeing how the only reason I bought a 360 was for free games!

Do NOT bring this thread down like the other one with this crap.
NO MORE WARNINGS

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 19 2007, 09:37 AM) View Post

Do NOT bring this thread down like the other one with this crap.
NO MORE WARNINGS

Its a shame that one person can bring a whole thread down instead of having their posts removed and silenced/banned

dev435

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »

ok just to confirm my earlier post still not banned just played retail gears of war for 15 mins no probs one thingi forgot to mention earlier i did delete my crackdown save before i tested whether i had been banned before i went online yesterday dunno if that helps but so far ok

to recap flashed before purchasing xbox live

geodeath

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »

Well, i have a pal xbox360 with a hitachi drive as of february 2006 (close to launch).

I used live for months with my genuine COD2 disk. However, once i flashed my 360, i NEVER connected the ethernet cable again, letting it stay offline. I played a lot of backups but NOT A SINGLE ONE ONLINE.

The only mistake i did **Keep This out of the posts please*** To be able to go online i had to install the spring update (but i already did not have the fall, since i flashed it before the fall update).

What i believe, apart from the theory of flashed 360s prior to first usage, is that it matters WHAT game you played online and WHEN.

I checked my connection and i can connect to live normally. I just played cod 3 for like 5 minutes.

What i believe is that MS can detect a backup disk without the stealth features (dont really know what these are, just reiterating someone's post that early releases were not stealthy) but not a firmware. After all, if they could check the firmware alone, they wouldnt ban new boxes at all....

Its seems to me that all we have to do is not use backups online at all. Even if they have stealth features.
I doubt they can find a copy provided its stealthy, but just for security, i wouldnt mind not playing backups online anyway. The only game i plan on playing on live anyway is cod2, which is an original.

My 0,02 is this

1) MS can detect backups without stealth features
2) MS periodically scans users (maybe this is the reason some ppl get banned after some time)
3) MS have to CATCH you playing backups without stealth (get caught doing so i mean)
4) MS planted a genuine,stealthy copies/copies without stealth detector in fall update and they kept logs
5) MS starts banning ppl based on logs.

The reason i came up with all this garbage (biggrin.gif) is because i never used backups while flashed. I was offline the whole time. **NOT HERE** I am not banned yet. Of course this doesnt prove anything at all. I might be on the next wave, or it might be because i am in Europe. I dont know how many people got banned here in Europe. Maybe its something MS started for the USA. Who knows. Maybe the logs from the fall update were for the USA. I might got banned just minutes ago and i dont know it. I ll keep checking every now and then, but the only thing i am asking myself is if it would be good to change to the stock firmware. I have to download song packs for guitar hero you see. Also, they might not scan people in the marketplace, but only ppl actually playing online.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(eyric101 @ May 19 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post

Its a shame that one person can bring a whole thread down instead of having their posts removed and silenced/banned

They have been silenced. The other topic was not just one poster. I am trying to stop this going that way. Some idiots always try their best to spoil good threads.

On to the topic
Don't give up. Remember just because a few posters with 1 - 10 post count comes on and says they debunked your theory doesn't mean they have.

You can't say that and know that. The post count means nothing. Some of these members are long standing here, even with not many posts. Their posts have to be balanced and taken along with others who contradict that scenario.
You won't find an answer by simply dismissing posts that go against this theory.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16