xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Nkpatcher10 Editor  (Read 325 times)

Australian Rat

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« on: January 07, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »

First off, this program was inspired by DaddyJ and his very similar program.  I used it as a way of learning the basics of Visual Basic 6 (no pun intended, seriously tongue.gif).  Anyway, it is my first program with VB6 and as a guide, I used some source code off DaddyJ's previous programs to help build it.  So much credit goes to him smile.gif

Anyway, the actual program... it creates from scratch a config.inc file for nkpatcher10 based on the options you select.  Then, if nasm is found, it will compile the XBE too, and if xbedump is found, the XBE will be signed with habibi.

To use, just extract the zip file into a directory with all the nk10 source files, and place a copy of nasm (make sure it's renamed to nasm.exe if necessary) and xbedump in the same directory.  Then just load up the program and compile away.  It will even back up previous config files for later use.

File found here.  Source will be released later.
Screenshot here,

Note: This is a very early version and will almost certainly have bugs.  If you find them, post here.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »

Excellent work, especially for your first program, I didnt fiddle with it to much, but looked and compiled, did everything it was suppose to do.

Also beat me too it wink.gif There is really no need for 2 tools that do the same thing, so unless the demand calls for it, I will scratch my version.

BlackWar

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Jan 7 2005, 08:36 PM)
Excellent work, especially for your first program, I didnt fiddle with it to much, but looked and compiled, did everything it was suppose to do.

Also beat me too it ;) There is really no need for 2 tools that do the same thing, so unless the demand calls for it, I will scratch my version.

dont do that! there is nothing wrong with having a choice daddyj.

no different then all of these installers out there. ya, some peeps grumble about em, but they are also using them too..... <

Australian Rat

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »

Yeah, plus mine probably still has loads of bugs in it tongue.gif

BlackWar

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »

I took a look at it already, and it seems to cover all options that a person basicly needs to tweak with. I havent tried compiling anything with it yet, but it looks like everything that a person needs is there.

personally, I think the layout could be a little different, but thats just me. <

total_ass

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 03:50:00 AM »

nah daddy dont scrap it. it is good to have variety. now if 6 or 7 nkpatcher editors came out, then it would get annoying jester.gif

big ben bullet

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »

here's a thought... how 'bout making an app that combines the following stuff
(i was thinking about doing this myself, but i'm too lazy since i already program as a day job... so i don't feel like programming after hours anymore...)

- bert & ernie
- dual-habibi
- nkpatcher

and when you 'create' your xbox setup, it generates a C folder (and possibly an E depending on the settings) that just has to be copied as-is to your xbox

make it possible to manually add other 'resources' (like pbl, exploitable xboxdash.xbe and even replacement dashes like evox, ava and unleashx...)

and if you're really up to it, even create a shadowc.img with the right content (from the resources)

it would be a full-blown softmod creation app

-bit of work though- ... if anybody's up to this, let me know... maybe i can find the energy to help a bit ;-)

ohw... and i would do it in .NET since the nature of this app screams for object orientation... but it's possible in VB6 too i guess <

Australian Rat

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 05:50:00 AM »

I like your style biggrin.gif  Maybe when I've got enough time tongue.gif

total_ass

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

that would be the ultimate softmod customiser. <

bdf24

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »

That would be sweet! <

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(big ben bullet)
here's a thought... how 'bout making an app that combines the following stuff
- bert & ernie
- dual-habibi
- nkpatcher
and when you 'create' your xbox setup, it generates a C folder (and possibly an E depending on the settings) that just has to be copied as-is to your xbox

I had thought of this, and had intensions to provide plugins to my two sources (xcfcgui & nkp-config) to where it would allow a PARENT app to control them.

QUOTE(big ben bullet)
make it possible to manually add other 'resources' (like pbl, exploitable xboxdash.xbe and even replacement dashes like evox, ava and unleashx...)
it would be a full-blown softmod creation app

This isnt hard.
QUOTE(big ben bullet)
-bit of work though- ... if anybody's up to this, let me know... maybe i can find the energy to help a bit ;-)

I'll help.
QUOTE(big ben bullet)
ohw... and i would do it in .NET since the nature of this app screams for object orientation... but it's possible in VB6 too i guess

VB6 is more cross-platform compatible, and since we can still be dealing with pre WinXP Os's we need to think about the .net framework that alot of people might not have access to.  IMO

Also, if it will be a full-out softmod creation system, we must also provide, update.xbe patching, and since we also have a custom NKP setup, we should also provide a custom pbl loading style. (A relational database maybe for compatible setups.)

Sounds logical, I will go ahead and setup the plugin modules in my 2 apps. The PARENT app will only need to make reference to the "SendText2App" routine of control. This might help you or me to actually do it wink.gif

P.S
QUOTE(total_ass)
nah daddy dont scrap it.

I have released my version and is available in the nkp-config thread.

total_ass

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

i think it would be cool, (i don't know how difficult though) to be able to connect to an ftp server on the xbox. this way, a simple gamesave with ftp can be put on the xbox, then ran, then this program can be simultaneously ran on the pc which will softmod the xbox, and allow the customization of all of its setup. would be good for quick installs of full softmods, or just editing of current setups.

like it could have an ftp window, you could for example browse to ernie on the xbox hard drive, right-click, click edit, then it will ftp it to the pc, allow you to change the boot location, then ftp back, all on-the-fly in one step.

what do you guys think? i know it would be a lot of work for you guys, but imagine when its finished, it would kick so much ass. <

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(total_ass)
i think it would be cool, (i don't know how difficult though) to be able to connect to an ftp server on the xbox. this way, a simple gamesave with ftp can be put on the xbox, then ran, then this program can be simultaneously ran on the pc which will softmod the xbox, and allow the customization of all of its setup. would be good for quick installs of full softmods, or just editing of current setups.

like it could have an ftp window, you could for example browse to ernie on the xbox hard drive, right-click, click edit, then it will ftp it to the pc, allow you to change the boot location, then ftp back, all on-the-fly in one step.

what do you guys think? i know it would be a lot of work for you guys, but imagine when its finished, it would kick so much ass.

Hmmm, Interesting approach, that could be a nice addition.

<

total_ass

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »

i think it would be cool to split it up into four main parts.

Font editor
Bios loader/patcher editor (compatible with only pbl metoo and nkpatcher)
dual habibi creator/editor
UXE full installer.

and the ability to ftp in and edit and any of these. it will simply require a user to select the font/bios patcher(/loader)/habibi xbe, then as said in my last post it would copy it over to your pc, you can edit it, then it will ftp back, because the files are so small ftping will only take a split second, it will have various confirmation requests along the way of course.

that's just my idea/suggestion, i don't have any programming skills so i couldn't do it myself. <

GoldStar

• Archived User
Nkpatcher10 Editor
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

awsome program I use it ..but I hate having to switch my resolution to 1024*768 just to use this program.  Do you think you could make it a little more wider?  Some people still use 800*600 on their crt's (I use 1024*768 on my laptop though).  Thanks <
Pages: [1] 2 3 4