xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Containment  (Read 684 times)

stelki

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 05:46:00 AM »

Wow, this is totally the best skin I have ever seen.

If I have to mention a few things that doesn't work intentionally (this is probably not your fault), its that some characters don't show up correctly on my screen, including, but (probably) not limited to: ° (degree sign). (thats the only one I can remember currently). I'm using Danish language for it, and my local characters work fine.

Another thing is, in the file manager, if the filenames are too long they interfere with the size text: IPB Image

If it weren't for these small annoyances, its 10/10 from me

ps.  I actually signed up just to say how much this skin rocks hehe..

mbezik

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

Im pleased you like it!! - and well spotted.....keep hunting for things we missed

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »

This skin is pure bad ass!  I didn't know you could change the colours of the font and textures at first but I found that you could by clicking the right thumbstick.  I think white textures and fonts would kick ass.  As well as a theme like the Apple theme that is white with black fonts and textures.

mbezik

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

http://www.box.net/shared/hv570t4rln - heres the cof's i use for the apple theme

IPB Image

stelki

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »

I stumbled upon a few other things: (sorry if any of them have been mentioned already)

Critical:
- Lyrics (from the button in OSD/screensaver mode): The lyric window can't be closed if the search for a lyric failed (for whatever reason)

My own preferences:
- The (uppercase) P looks an awful lot like a D - I am using an old tv though, could be why. My suggestion would be to simply heighten the curved part of the letter a pixel or two. (Anyone agree or is it just me?)
- Same applies to the (lowercase) k, looks like an x. the (uppercase) F's branches are a bit close together.
Please remember that these 2 are simply my preferences, and I don't mean to critisize the skin at all, I think it rules. I'm just throwing it outthere, maybe somebody else thinks the same as me but just haven't gotten around to say it.

Various stuff: In the "Album information", the scrolling text showing Genre and all that, just when they finished scrolling and they "reset" to scroll from the beginning, the grey text turns white just for splitsecond - I caught it on a screenshot: IPB Image

- edited -

CHI3f

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(stelki @ Apr 26 2007, 06:53 AM) View Post

Wow, this is totally the best skin I have ever seen.

If I have to mention a few things that doesn't work intentionally (this is probably not your fault), its that some characters don't show up correctly on my screen, including, but (probably) not limited to: ° (degree sign). (thats the only one I can remember currently). I'm using Danish language for it, and my local characters work fine.

Another thing is, in the file manager, if the filenames are too long they interfere with the size text:
If it weren't for these small annoyances, its 10/10 from me
ps.  I actually signed up just to say how much this skin rocks hehe..

Well those font things are very minor and at the very bottom of my priority list as i am focusing on things that effect the skins performance and style.

The file manager stuff is fixed in the svn.

Thanks, it makes me happy to see someone liking the skin so much.

QUOTE(stelki @ Apr 26 2007, 09:02 AM) View Post

I stumbled upon a few other things: (sorry if any of them have been mentioned already)

Critical:
- Lyrics (from the button in OSD/screensaver mode): The lyric window can't be closed if the search for a lyric failed (for whatever reason)

My own preferences:
- The (uppercase) P looks an awful lot like a D - I am using an old tv though, could be why. My suggestion would be to simply heighten the curved part of the letter a pixel or two. (Anyone agree or is it just me?)
- Same applies to the (lowercase) k, looks like an x. the (uppercase) F's branches are a bit close together.
Please remember that these 2 are simply my preferences, and I don't mean to critisize the skin at all, I think it rules. I'm just throwing it outthere, maybe somebody else thinks the same as me but just haven't gotten around to say it.

Various stuff: In the "Album information", the scrolling text showing Genre and all that, just when they finished scrolling and they "reset" to scroll from the beginning, the grey text turns white just for splitsecond -

There is nothing I can do about the script freezing, that is a problem with the script not the skin.

Again same thing with the text. Not really a priority, but dually noted.

There is also nothing I can do about that genre info. I have no idea why it does that.

Also I forget who wanted it but I added a video info view. Just like the rest, the screenshot does it no justice cause you cant see the animations.
IPB Image

Barney_1

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »

CODE

Custom Script button

XBMC.RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(VideoScript_Path)]\default.py)
                Skin.HasSetting(VideoScriptEnable) + Skin.String(VideoScript_Name) + Skin.String(VideoScript_Path)

Is there an option to show button in MyVideos that launched a python script?  If so, where do I go to enable this?

CHI3f

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Barney_1 @ Apr 26 2007, 11:50 AM) View Post

Great skin!  Nice work.

So like all skins I try, the first thing I look at is adding a link to launch xbmcMythTV.  When digging around in MyVideos.xml I noticed this:
CODE

Custom Script button

XBMC.RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(VideoScript_Path)]\default.py)
                Skin.HasSetting(VideoScriptEnable) + Skin.String(VideoScript_Name) + Skin.String(VideoScript_Path)

Is there an option to show button in MyVideos that launched a python script?  If so, where do I go to enable this?

No sir there is not. If you can wait till the next T3CH release I am almost positive the favorites menu will be added an d you can add what you want there.

But thank you for pointing that out, I kept forgetting to get rid of that.

mbezik

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »

heres a build of skin up to date at the time of posting

http://www.box.net/shared/2ciix92v3s

Truelaw

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

Hello I'm a little confused. I have tried to use the Wrap icons and it will not work for me. It just stays as a list.

am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

Barney_1

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »

Ok, since you can't link a script from a video bookmark, and I didn't really want to have the script launched from the sidebar, I changed around the home.xml and textures for a MythTV button:

Unhighlighted:
IPB Image

Highlighted:
IPB Image

Now I just need to get Containment to play nicely with XBMCmythtv (there's some highlighting issues in the left column) and I think I'll have a new default skin.

Thanks again for the hard work.  Great skin!

mbezik

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »

unless im mistaken this is caused by using an earlier version of xbmc before the reflections were implemented - to use the skin u should be using the latest build of xbmc (T3CH XBMC 2007-04-20)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(mbezik @ Apr 27 2007, 09:46 AM) View Post

unless im mistaken this is caused by using an earlier version of xbmc before the reflections were implemented - to use the skin u should be using the latest build of xbmc (T3CH XBMC 2007-04-20)

^^^^^ I'm with him ^^^^^

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »

If I could be so ignorant to ask, what is a cof and how do I add my own colours(textures and fonts) to the skin?

CHI3f

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Apr 26 2007, 08:13 PM) View Post

If I could be so ignorant to ask, what is a cof and how do I add my own colours(textures and fonts) to the skin?

The .cof files can hold code for the color changing script so you can add your own custom font color sets to the list. Inside there are lines of code that look like this:

button-nofocus-text=88000000=textcolor

main-text is the include name, 88000000 is the font color represented in hex decimal(first two numbers represent the fonts opacity)

So you can open up the font.xml in the PAL folder of the skin and see lines of code that look like this:

<include name="button-nofocus-text"><textcolor>88000000</textcolor></include>

As you can see the "button-nofocus-text" , 88000000, and textcolor all match the code from the .cof file. Also not I added a description next to each include to tell you it's role in the skin, and what if defaults to. So all you gotta do is match the code from the script to it's code in the font.xml and see what each line controls and change it accordingly.

Hope I explained it well enough, I am not too good at explaining things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13