xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Containment  (Read 677 times)

CHI3f

• Archived User
Containment
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »

Here is why the work on xTV suddenly slowed down. The skin has some features never used in a skin before like having a skin settable startup playlist and you can change some of the image and font colors with a simple skin option. Basically everything in the skin that is orange by default can be changed, I have about six color presets and you can add your own. Also has custom backgrounds and animations. I have also made all the images for the controls in the home window the same size and have the same position on screen so theme makers can basically make them what ever they want, no need to stick with the circle design.
(IMG:http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284/_Chief/Containment-1.gif)

I would like to thank mbesik for doing all the GFX, Donno for the color changing script, and Jezz_X for helping me figure out a few bugs that were driving me crazy.

Containment can be found in the XBMC Skinning Project SVN. Just use the following url in you SVN client:
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmed...ter/Containment

A prebuilt version can also be found here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/14618400/409be...ontainment.html

I hope you enjoy

This post has been edited by CHI3f: Apr 24 2007, 05:20 AM

mbay

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

That's right baby!!!! HAIL to the Chi3f!!!!!! pop.gif i will skinning this up real soon!!!!! actually, as we speak. smile.gif

Let's not forget to say thank you to mbezik too!!!!! his graphix are killer!

muggsy

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »

looks good.... gonna try it now..

CHI3f

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »

Oh I almost forgot, mbesik made a couple themes as well. A 300 theme and an Apple theme.
(IMG:http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284/_Chief/300theme.png)

(IMG:http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284/_Chief/appletheme.png)

Just click the link in my sig and you will see a folder named "Containment Themes", they are in there.

mbay

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »

I'm in  love.gif

BlackWraith

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »

Looks good and very promising, but I can't get it to run on my xbox.  When I switch over from any skin including PMIII it just goes back to PMIII with Containment's navigation sounds.  I'm running it in 720p on a chipped box if it helps at all.

CHI3f

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(BlackWraith @ Apr 23 2007, 11:48 PM) View Post

Looks good and very promising, but I can't get it to run on my xbox.  When I switch over from any skin including PMIII it just goes back to PMIII with Containment's navigation sounds.  I'm running it in 720p on a chipped box if it helps at all.

Yeah sorry I forgot to add a > in one of the controls in the home.xml for widescreen. I also forgot to do the fonts for 720p and 1080i as well. What can I say I am a big dummyface.

Everything should work now, it is fixed in the svn and the build in my 4shared account is updatd as well.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 01:18:00 AM »

It really is a nice simple skin that works well and looks great.

P.S. for anyone checking I stole the idea for the startup Playlist for PM3 from this he didn't take it from me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
so props too chi3f sorry I forgot to mention it in the changelog

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Apr 24 2007, 08:28 AM

Fused0ne

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »

OOOHHHH!!! VERY VERY NICE!!! I think I found a new favorite... for now atleast. Awesome!

Fused0ne

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 01:58:00 AM »

Sorry for the double post, my edit time ran out.

When trying the Apple theme, looks great but cant read anything on the skin that isnt highlighted. Tried changing font color and only the highlighted color changes, so I tried texture color to see what would happen and nothing.

Is this a bug, or am I not doing something right?

And is there a way to add Big Wide Icons? It has Wide Icon but not the BIG wide icons.

This post has been edited by Fused0ne: Apr 24 2007, 09:05 AM

EGazzz

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 02:57:00 AM »

Dude!! Amazing skin. Very stylish, and love the animations involved. Way to go CHI3f! Another great one. Would love to have your skin design ideas and skills as they are very fresh and innovative.

Keep up the amazing work!!

Xcursion

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 04:40:00 AM »

Wow. Another great skin.

I found one bug though. When you disable the background it makes viewing movie information difficult isnce it doesn't show a black background behind the movie information but instead is transparent and shows the icons behind it.

boule

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 04:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fused0ne @ Apr 24 2007, 09:29 AM) View Post

Sorry for the double post, my edit time ran out.

When trying the Apple theme, looks great but cant read anything on the skin that isnt highlighted. Tried changing font color and only the highlighted color changes, so I tried texture color to see what would happen and nothing.

Is this a bug, or am I not doing something right?

And is there a way to add Big Wide Icons? It has Wide Icon but not the BIG wide icons.

You have to do this also:
Go to settings>skin>Texture color>Choose Apple Theme
Go to settings>skin>Font color>Choose Apple Theme

The 300 theme is  ohmy.gif  love.gif

great work CHI3f

nick10293847

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 05:26:00 AM »

im in love so far from the screenshots. Hope it looks that good on my tv. liking the look of the 300 theme too! thanks!

mbezik

• Archived User
Containment
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »

the screenshots dont do it justice - wait till u see it in action - chi3f did a TOP job gettin all the animations looking sweeeeeeet!!!

This post has been edited by mbezik: Apr 24 2007, 01:41 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13