xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Xecuter Fusion is Coming...  (Read 1536 times)

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Xecuter Fusion is Coming...
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(modslave @ Mar 2 2012, 12:35 PM) View Post

When has TX ever done that!?  blink.gif

Of coarse I'm also excited with this and RGH2 news. Be nice to have dashlaunch features built into a dashboard that can play any media file I throw at it.  
It doesn't have to be the XBMC team, anybody that has the skills to port XBMC or Showtime would get a donation from me

I don't care at all if I have to buy some mod chip hardware either.

team-xecuter has cancelled products and gone back on claims before; at least a handful of times in fact. they both cancelled products and had huge delays that turned sour sometimes. i am not hating on them, just answering your direct question to the best of my recollection. i have owned and used their products and code, but maybe i am just too old to understand what it takes to get kiddies attention. imho this video was overboard.

we have no idea what all those pretty pictures indicate. even at 720p, you cannot read much of anything. pictures of menus with graphics/words to try to make it mean something, but it is all rubbish until they show something more significant AND it must be something a noob can understand too.

that is my point.

again, i have used their products and code for about 8 years now and i still use x2 to this day in my tsop xbox1, but i have a better question for you than the one you posed to me.

besides that x2 code, and it's updates, has team xecuter EVER released any code that was free for the scene to use without hardware purchase AND that changed everything? seriously!!

if the team releases something for the scene, like they did that one time, and if it is even very useful, not mind blowing, just very useful, EVERYBODY will give them propers.

QUOTE(ruciz @ Mar 2 2012, 03:01 PM) View Post

everything released up to now is ran off the microsoft kernel, with a few things disabled (like region lock and all that) this is completely another kernel based off the microsoft one - with all current software features embedded into it.. so no need to even have a HDD in the system to do basic things like format partition HDDX, run DLC from a USB stick, or pair the installed drive to the console.

On-The-Fly KV patching is the most interesting. with this we could unleash havoc on XBL as well as easily flash other systems DVD drives (provided we glitched them first to get the decrypted KV)

TX will also likely lead the xbox scene low-level homebrew development, with advances like glitching all CBs including xenon, as well as a corona hack and more reliable trinity hack. But only time can tell what will really happen.

see now that is what i am talking about. that video showed nothing like this. if this is all true, i bet it will not be released until team-xecuter is certain it only runs on their hardware. they may not be able to keep it that way, but that will be the goal

again, i am not hating on that.

Mehtevas

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

Time to take off the training wheels...
Let's go racing boys!!!

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(warbeast @ Mar 2 2012, 05:15 PM) View Post

thanks i didnt know this is built from the Devkit kernel i ment for using dual nand and not having to edit the fusion nand each time the retail side takes a update. could this be done?

The devkit kernel and/or fusion/RGLOADER do not have a CF/CG bootloader, so no you dont need to moddify the LDV on the images. But it is not that hard to do with 360 flash tool for freeboot/ggboot.

jordash

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

Goosebumps........ smile.gif

sp1200

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »

Finally, some good emulators on 360. Hope this is like Xport days 360 style.

Vejita

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

Does the Xecuter Fusion kernel always need to be glitched/JTAG'ed to load once it's on the onboard NAND? I'm guessing it can be run off the onboard NAND right and doesn't need a dual NAND solution?

turfster

• Recovered User
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »

WooHoo!!!!!!!

IPB Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ruciz

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2020, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(ddxcb @ Mar 3 2012, 12:13 AM) *

UM this is a MS Devkit kernel modified to add this stuff like freeboot/etc.

What is currently used for freeboot/xebuild is retail images afaik - which is why you get a retail/stock dashboard.
RGLoader is the closest to running the devkit, which requires devkit firmware. Im not saying they don't use devkit patches in the retail - but RGloader is the only way I know to make an RGH system boot a devkit kernel...

TX are not adding freeboot, they are integrating it.. kernel level, so your DLC will work over a network, your ISOs won't need to be extracted kinda- thing, providing they deliver.

j-ski

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2020, 08:50:00 PM »

Welcome back guys!

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vejita @ Mar 2 2012, 07:34 PM) View Post

Does the Xecuter Fusion kernel always need to be glitched/JTAG'ed to load once it's on the onboard NAND? I'm guessing it can be run off the onboard NAND right and doesn't need a dual NAND solution?

It will be required to be glitched/hacked into, but can be on a single nand on the 360 flash.

QUOTE(ruciz @ Mar 2 2012, 07:42 PM) View Post

What is currently used for freeboot/xebuild is retail images afaik - which is why you get a retail/stock dashboard.
RGLoader is the closest to running the devkit, which requires devkit firmware. Im not saying they don't use devkit patches in the retail - but RGloader is the only way I know to make an RGH system boot a devkit kernel...

TX are not adding freeboot, they are integrating it.. kernel level, so your DLC will work over a network, your ISOs won't need to be extracted kinda- thing, providing they deliver.

RGLoader is like freeboot/ggboot, it uses a patching engine and patches.

TX is doing the same thing, loading the dev kit kernel and then patching it with patches and adding xex and etc...

Masta-G

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »

I'm not hating on team xecuter but isnt this like reinventing the wheel?
We already have the dashlaunch patches for each new kernel that gets released by ms.
And we can be boot those patched kernels using both the jtag mod or the rgh making nearly all xbox360 consoles vulnerable.
Adding more kernel patches and custom options wont get us more emulators nor a media player.
And its stated many times that team xbmc is not interested in porting xbmc using the xbox360 xdk.

So why not write better drivers for running linux instead?
Like for example a galium3d driver for video hardware acceleration, that would be the bomb! smile.gif
Then we can use the vdpau state tracker and have the xbox360 decode h264 content for us.
tmbnc already gave out examples on how to run shaders directly on the gpu.
Too bad nobody worked it out.

Linux + video acceleration drivers + better sound drivers  = XBMC (the latest and greatest) !

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2020, 04:00:00 AM »

This is amazing news!! I hope this takes us to the xbox 1 days!! Long live the scene! thank you team xecuter!

Semiroundboss

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2020, 08:43:00 AM »

Is this for the Xbox1 or the 360.

moreniu

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2020, 08:55:00 AM »

"Humpf... Big deal..."

-Gru, Despicable me.

TAz00

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2020, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(ruciz @ Mar 2 2012, 05:36 AM) *

king kong exploit wasn't publically disclosed until Feb 28 2007 - 5 years ago.
For some reason I don't remember seeing any hype video in December about the exploit. Guess there was some public demonstration though.

Ironic they release this video 5 years to the day almost after.

The reason for that is, if I remember correctly, that they told microsoft about the exploit first.
To let them patch the system, before it was released publicly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6