xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Xecuter Fusion is Coming...  (Read 1535 times)

gehx

• Archived User
Xecuter Fusion is Coming...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Mar 1 2012, 11:36 PM) View Post

One must wonder if this will be a mod chip or TSOP style setup.
In any event this will be sweeeeet and hopefully someone will develop a media player for it that will finally play .mkv-x264 content !! Cant Wait  blink.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 pop.gif

Marcheslav

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »

So excited.....so much want......

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 04:20:00 AM »

YAAAAAAY! And the croud goes wild!

darklord88

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »

shit just got real!

cant wait

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »

Well now that was a nice treat to com home too. This must be said though. No point in a great kernel if there isnt any good homebrew to take advantage of it. So far 360 has atleast a dozen emus all of which are partially done.

So as exciting as this news is i would be happier to see some emus getting updated aswell as some true homebrew features. Changing the boot ani is super sweet and all but playing n64, nds, or dreamcast stuff would take the cake. Ofcourse an xmbc port would demolish any other project as far as popularity. Tx needs to light a fire under some devs arses in order to make this new kernel even more appealing.

barnhilltrckn

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 08:42 AM) View Post

Well now that was a nice treat to com home too. This must be said though. No point in a great kernel if there isnt any good homebrew to take advantage of it. So far 360 has atleast a dozen emus all of which are partially done.

So as exciting as this news is i would be happier to see some emus getting updated aswell as some true homebrew features. Changing the boot ani is super sweet and all but playing n64, nds, or dreamcast stuff would take the cake. Ofcourse an xmbc port would demolish any other project as far as popularity. Tx needs to light a fire under some devs arses in order to make this new kernel even more appealing.

Dont worry about the emulators. There is a good project in the works that is going to blow everybody away. Nes, Snes, Sega, And VBA will be coming with ALOT of great features and great compatability. Shouldnt be too long before its ready for the public so thats all I will say about it. ph34r.gif

But back OT it is nice to see TX get beack to its roots, I am still running good ole 4983 on my xbox. The only thing that makes me wonder is what else do they really have to bring to the table when it comes to a custom kernal?? Every restriction that the 360 has is allready removed so other than custom boot logos and such I really see nothing else they can bring. Hopefully they can bring some new things in and maybe even see the 360 reach levels that the xbox did.

Another thing I am worried about is if we can flash this directly to our nand or will we need a DemoN to be able to run this kernal. I took a look at the TX forums and an admin over there said a DemoN is needed. Personally I do not need one as I have a cygnos in my slim now. I am perfectly happy with it running a RGH image on one nand and RgLoader on the other. Hopefully this part will also be like the old xbox days where you can use the TX kernal on anything.

Hoescout

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 03:42 PM) View Post

Exactly this. Personally I also think we need xbmc. Everything else is not interesting. We have some emus already which work ok.. Maybe YT app or something for jtags but thats about it. The real deal is still the XBMC. Everything else works already and I have to agree to barn. Every restriction is in fact already removed. Theres not much left they can do in this direction.

I know its not easy ofc. Is there a linux driver for the xbox gpu with full access to hardware acceleration? Or let me ask this way- is the xbox gpu capable of accelerating h264 decoding etc.? Or does the cpu handle all the video stuff?

RDJ134

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »

Custom boot screen sounds awsome, i never tought the 'good old days' would be back. If the roumors are true and there will be a XBMC with MKV support is would be awsome. I still have a E74 1st gen Xbox around waiting for a new project smile.gif

SZaiaku

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 08:13:00 AM »

I guess now I have to look into ways of flashing kernels now. Please tell me I don't have to buy any more hardware to be able to use this.

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(SZaiaku @ Mar 2 2012, 11:13 AM) View Post
Please tell me I don't have to buy any more hardware to be able to use this.

it's a different kernel is all; should work on all exploited consoles.

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 12:00 PM) View Post
Im with you guys in wondering if this will be demon exclusive.

it isn't a demon exclusive, as it's just a different set of bl's, patches, etc.  from what i can gather, it was work that was once abandoned and has recently been taken up again (by other folks).

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

the main thing i hope they do is remove the need to increase the ldv every time the retail side takes a update

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »

This is great news to hear. I first got actively involved with Xbox1 modding once Xecuter finally got involved. I've yet to even bother with Xbox 360.

The main feature I'd be looking for is XBMC, even though that's seperate from XBMC, am I not the only one sick and tired of using PS3 Media Server/TVersity for MKV support?

Summing up-

XBMC & the ability to install a LARGE 1TB and up drive as the main drive. Plus the ability to create the 'F*** M$' logo upon bootup... was always my favorite for Xbox1 logos.

I can do without everything else, but I'm sure others can't.

Great work Xecuter!  biggrin.gif

drewZen

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »

what will this really add... jtag/reset glitch consoles already run unsigned code. XBMC can run on these now but the team has chosen not to do it from what I read awhile back. I remember doing custom boot logos on xbox1 but that isnt a big deal to me...

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(warbeast @ Mar 2 2012, 02:10 PM) View Post
the main thing i hope they do is remove the need to increase the ldv every time the retail side takes a update
two different things and i do not see that happening.

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »

Good point pigbait but sounds to good to be true. Also plz keep in mind the name "fusion". Was picked for a reason which could be fusion of stock dash and modded or using it with demon for stock and new kernel. As for now its all speculation but as i said before without some dev support and some  uber great software its jus another gimmick to add to the gimmicky tree.

Also everyone is killing me with the mkv support. My samsung tv/dvdplayer/galaxy tab 10.1 and xbox 360 using windows media center stream mkvs. Years ago i could see it being a problem but now every new dvdplayer and tv supports divx aswell as h.264. Not trying to brag jus curious why so many ppl starve for such a feature when even smart phones are capable. off topic check out samsungs new series 8 models. Mind boggli love.gif ng
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6