xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Xecuter Fusion is Coming...  (Read 1537 times)

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
Xecuter Fusion is Coming...
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 06:45 PM) View Post

Also everyone is killing me with the mkv support. My samsung tv/dvdplayer/galaxy tab 10.1 and xbox 360 using windows media center stream mkvs. Years ago i could see it being a problem but now every new dvdplayer and tv supports divx aswell as h.264. Not trying to brag jus curious why so many ppl starve for such a feature when even smart phones are capable. off topic check out samsungs new series 8 models. Mind boggli love.gif ng

nah id prefer not to have to pull my 1tb external HDD out of my JTAG and to have to plug it into my TV every time i want to watch a mkv film

XBMC will be bad ass cant wait, been waiting for it since the release date of the xbox360.

great news!!

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(pigbait @ Mar 2 2012, 10:28 AM) View Post

so this being a custom kernel would this mean that a glich chip would only be required to set up the kernel then once flashed to nand and stuff the chip could be removed? and xbox would boot to custom kernel

I don't know why people think this is a new kernel or a custom one. It's a dev kit kernel. Same stuff that we got back in Oct. 09, aka freeboot/XBR/GGboot.

Of cource the Glitch chip is needed to boot to the modded kernel, just like GGboot or xell. The chain of trust is still there and needed to be hack to obtain access to the system.

mrdude2478

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »

It would be good if you could use this kernel to watch iplayer, faceboot etc without the need for xbox live.

Personally the features I'd like to see in this kernel are as follows.:

XBMC
Built in xlink kai - without needing a computer.
Abilty to assign internet sites like youtube, iplayer, faceboot, etc to a menu.
Abilty to play all 360/xbox 1 backups, homebrew etc (already we have this).
Better video codecs.
Built in server/client for streaming from on to upnp devices + dlna support.
Ping patch without the need for dashlaunch.
Abilty to easily mod the menu's - ie skinable.

This would be awesome, but looking forward to it none the less.

ploggy

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »

If XBMC is a no go. people should try to port Showtime Mediaplayer to the 360.

http://www.lonelycod...showtime/boards

scibot

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »

I really love this, but aren't we kinda a bit too late to ever really fully appreciate this?

I suppose that depends on the release date for the new Xbox 3/720, but with the slow pace of homebrew in general for the 360 (so many unfinished projects) I feel as tho this may be an awesome addition, but too late to use it to its full potential.

But, as always I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(boflc @ Mar 2 2012, 07:22 PM) View Post

two different things and i do not see that happening.

so ur saying they cant add virtual efuses the same way freeboot and xbr does on jtag?

would be nice not to have to mess about every time a retail update is out plus would save alot of hassel with noobs that have demon fitted without knowing what they are doing...

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »

they will have to show a lot more than that to get me excited... making claims with pictures and no video proof has been done before.

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(ploggy @ Mar 2 2012, 02:40 PM) View Post
If XBMC is a no go. people should try to port Showtime Mediaplayer to the 360.

http://www.lonelycod...showtime/boards

I was going to say, I use Showtime on my PS3 w/ cfw. SICK thats all I can say. Someone needs to get something like THAT on 360!

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Mar 2 2012, 09:17 PM) View Post

they will have to show a lot more than that to get me excited... making claims with pictures and no video proof has been done before.

When has TX ever done that!?  blink.gif

Of coarse I'm also excited with this and RGH2 news. Be nice to have dashlaunch features built into a dashboard that can play any media file I throw at it.  
It doesn't have to be the XBMC team, anybody that has the skills to port XBMC or Showtime would get a donation from me

I don't care at all if I have to buy some mod chip hardware either.

pperez664

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »

Hope this isnt a clever way for Team X to try to sell more Cool Runners. Hopefully they are true to their word. What ever happened to the new FreeStyle Dash that was coming out?? Team FSD will have to up their game.

barnhilltrckn

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 11:00 AM) View Post

P.S Great to hear someone is working on something special for emus. By the way you said it it seemed maybe a AIO emu possibly? If so ill throw a benji your way if you make it pull boxart thx in advance  love.gif

No no no. There will be absolutely NO money thrown at me for that project. It is being done by 2 other devs and since they havent given any details to anyone yet I will NOT say too much about it. This dev has also turned down donation in the past soooo many times it isnt funny. He thinks it isnt right and just will not accept it no matter what, a true dev imho.

I can say that it is a whole new way of ports. Like I said I cant go into much detail but it will totally change the way ports are done from now on. These 2 guys are great devs and well.......you will see. wink.gif

Sorry to hijack the thread folks so........yea fusion, lets just see if TX can live up to there roots with this. They started in bios dev. back in the day so hopefully they bring the TX back we all used to know.

Julets

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »

What is so great about this? Shouldn't they throw in help on something like FreeStyle dash if they are looking to put these kind of things out there? Sorry, it just seems they missed the boat.

ploggy

• Recovered User
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(barnhilltrckn @ Mar 2 2012, 09:35 PM) View Post

No no no. There will be absolutely NO money thrown at me for that project. It is being done by 2 other devs and since they havent given any details to anyone yet I will NOT say too much about it. This dev has also turned down donation in the past soooo many times it isnt funny. He thinks it isnt right and just will not accept it no matter what, a true dev imho.

I can say that it is a whole new way of ports. Like I said I cant go into much detail but it will totally change the way ports are done from now on. These 2 guys are great devs and well.......you will see. wink.gif

Sorry to hijack the thread folks so........yea fusion, lets just see if TX can live up to there roots with this. They started in bios dev. back in the day so hopefully they bring the TX back we all used to know.

I think I know the devs your talking about wink.gif

ruciz

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Julets @ Mar 2 2012, 10:51 PM) View Post

What is so great about this? Shouldn't they throw in help on something like FreeStyle dash if they are looking to put these kind of things out there? Sorry, it just seems they missed the boat.

everything released up to now is ran off the microsoft kernel, with a few things disabled (like region lock and all that) this is completely another kernel based off the microsoft one - with all current software features embedded into it.. so no need to even have a HDD in the system to do basic things like format partition HDDX, run DLC from a USB stick, or pair the installed drive to the console.

On-The-Fly KV patching is the most interesting. with this we could unleash havoc on XBL as well as easily flash other systems DVD drives (provided we glitched them first to get the decrypted KV)

TX will also likely lead the xbox scene low-level homebrew development, with advances like glitching all CBs including xenon, as well as a corona hack and more reliable trinity hack. But only time can tell what will really happen.

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(ruciz @ Mar 2 2012, 03:01 PM) View Post

everything released up to now is ran off the microsoft kernel, with a few things disabled (like region lock and all that) this is completely another kernel based off the microsoft one - with all current software features embedded into it.. so no need to even have a HDD in the system to do basic things like format partition HDDX, run DLC from a USB stick, or pair the installed drive to the console.

On-The-Fly KV patching is the most interesting. with this we could unleash havoc on XBL as well as easily flash other systems DVD drives (provided we glitched them first to get the decrypted KV)

UM this is a MS Devkit kernel modified to add this stuff like freeboot/etc.

QUOTE(warbeast @ Mar 2 2012, 12:16 PM) View Post

so ur saying they cant add virtual efuses the same way freeboot and xbr does on jtag?

would be nice not to have to mess about every time a retail update is out plus would save alot of hassel with noobs that have demon fitted without knowing what they are doing...

This is a Devkit kernel and does not do normal systemupdates.

And even the RGH/SMC *JTAG* do not update normally, they are build to per kernel update to have all the patches and exploit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6