xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65

Author Topic: Pcsxbox Compatibility List  (Read 8768 times)

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Pcsxbox Compatibility List
« Reply #900 on: May 02, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »

Consider your main problems to be their increased accuracy/health, and the large increase of battleships flying around the world map...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

As a general rule, you won't get ambushed if you don't run off too quickly. Move slowly - Leave plenty of time units in reserve for when you end your turn (the more you have left, the more likely it is your guys will attempt to fire on the aliens during their turn). Likewise, the more time units you have during your turn, the less likely it is the aliens will be able to fire at YOU. Never go around a corner with a low reserve.

Spread out enough that one grenade won't take out half your squad, but not so much that you can't quickly avenge the death of any given trooper.

But the main thing, of course, is to make sure that the aliens can't "break your line" and get behind you. The only way an alien should be able to get a bead on one of your guys should be by stepping into your own line of fire.

This post has been edited by Bomb Bloke: May 3 2009, 03:30 AM

sotu

• Archived User
« Reply #901 on: May 03, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »

Although v19 does work, it doesn't work as well.  Has some delays where controls are unresponsive but then they come back after a minute or two.  Seems to be an issue when rapidly assigning tasks and entering and exiting menus.  Not a problem with v20.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #902 on: May 03, 2009, 03:14:00 AM »

Hrm...

When I first couldn't get the thing to build, I bugged X-Port about it and he suggested maybe we'd ended up with different versions of the XDK. It could be the changes I had to make to get it to work were real bugs that'd slipped into earlier releases due to a less strict compiler. Dunno. There weren't many of them.

sotu

• Archived User
« Reply #903 on: May 05, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »

I'm very happy with v20 mainly because it's running everything I'm throwing at it and at this point in my testing I've tried almost everything now I'm trying to shore up my own personal collection, not so much for testing purposes where I just dl'd hundreds of gigs just so I could test the games and report them working or not.  Now every game I snatch means a bit more because the games are my favorites and in some cases quite rare.  In either case it's been a joy having them boot right up and work.

I got obliterated in Xcom today, exiting everyone to the left i never looked to the right were apparetnly there was a rocket launching alien who wiped out 4 of my best.  You're right, bloke, you absolutely must take your time and cover all your bases.

sotu

• Archived User
« Reply #904 on: May 05, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »

Primal Rage US - IMG/CCD/CUE/SUB - Works great with 1.5 and standard bios settings.

sotu

• Archived User
« Reply #905 on: May 11, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

Gamera 2000 - IMG/CCD/SUB/CUE - Runs like a charm after making some changes.  I turned Use PC FPS Calculation ON and Frameskip OFF.  I'll preface this by saying I use the Analog stick on controllers to play SHMUPS instead of the directional pad.  That said you'll need to disable some things so you're not constantly loading save states etc.  Once the game starts go into configuration/controller configuration/Controller 1/Change joypad mappings/Change UI Mappings then turn the following to Nothing+Nothing:  Fast Forward, Save State, Load State, Change Save State Slot, Screenshot then once you set the GFX filter you like then turn that off as well. IF you don't change these settings then the game will severely stutter along as it attemts to load and change save states etc. Once these settings are changed the gameplay is very fluid and smooth.

Zelgadis

• Archived User
« Reply #906 on: May 12, 2009, 01:27:00 AM »

i dont think grandia plays near perfect.
it works but often it's  very laggy. i hate to see hores of enemies on screen.

sotu

• Archived User
« Reply #907 on: May 25, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

Hey bomb, I could PM you but I figure others might benefit from your answer.

So, how do you open the doors in Xcom without sending your trooper though?  I tell ya, those puss aliens love to retreat and ambush!

Thanks in advance.

desert37

• Archived User
« Reply #908 on: July 18, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »

ya this is an old thread but i was realy happy i got this game working.
I couldnt do the game save thing for metal gear solid but i got past the ocelot part another way so i thought i would share.

pcsxbox v.20
MGS bin\cue
Ok i followed the settings that it says in this list to make it run perfect untill the ocelot part. Once you beat ocelot and baker says Hal E. save a state. Once done you can watch any part of the conversation with snake and Baker in the screen. But let all the other parts ( the nuke, Mgs, Or any of those load then skip them or the game will crash. This worked for me and i love this game so i hope it helps you to.

Also there are two more spots that are bad....
1. when your in the cell with the DARPA Chief dont skip the movie or the game will send you to a weird screen that says SONY ENTERTAINMENT and thats it you can exit it.
2. When you are at the very end in the jeep, turn the throttle button to 1 and hold it down the whole time. This is because there is alot of laging and you cant even see the screen really unless you do that.

Well i hope this helps.. I know old thread but this is a really great game i think.

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #909 on: July 18, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

Hey is the master post for this still being updated because I was just wondering because I noticed it did not have the Crash Bandicoot games.

kmssd

• Archived User
« Reply #910 on: July 28, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

World's Scariest Police Chases works just fine

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #911 on: August 05, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(crash1235 @ Jul 19 2009, 03:57 AM) View Post

Hey is the master post for this still being updated because I was just wondering because I noticed it did not have the Crash Bandicoot games.

thanks for pointing that out.
it seems that the post exceeded its limit for the amount of characters you can have.
so i guess everything from co to cz erased.

luckily i have a backup in text format i can use to hopefully make up for what disappeared.

but, i can only edit parts 1-3 and 5 though, so i'll need a mod to edit 4 and 6 and possibly create a part 7 so that way there's more room to add info.

this shit hasn't been updated in over a year it looks like, so i'm not sure who's still interested in fixing this, but if there's a mod who wants to help me just let me know.   cool.gif

masterroleplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #912 on: August 06, 2009, 05:27:00 AM »

is star ocean working as v20?

Ssseth

• Archived User
« Reply #913 on: August 21, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(deathx88 @ Aug 6 2009, 05:43 AM) View Post

thanks for pointing that out.
it seems that the post exceeded its limit for the amount of characters you can have.
so i guess everything from co to cz erased.

luckily i have a backup in text format i can use to hopefully make up for what disappeared.

but, i can only edit parts 1-3 and 5 though, so i'll need a mod to edit 4 and 6 and possibly create a part 7 so that way there's more room to add info.

this shit hasn't been updated in over a year it looks like, so i'm not sure who's still interested in fixing this, but if there's a mod who wants to help me just let me know.   cool.gif

Keep up the great work! I've used this thread quite a bit lately. This is the first google result for pcsxbox so it's definitely popular.

stilts07

• Archived User
« Reply #914 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »

Keep me posted
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65