xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65

Author Topic: Pcsxbox Compatibility List  (Read 8743 times)

xyteam

• Archived User
Pcsxbox Compatibility List
« Reply #915 on: September 02, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »

to get x-men children of the atom to work on pcsxbox.

x-men children of the atom ccd/img/cue
pcsxbox v20

settings
bios mode-bios file
core version -1.4
gpu plugin version-1.12
spu version-1.6

the plays fine and there are only some onscreen glitches when it first loads up but nothing major,perfectly playable.

This post has been edited by xyteam: Sep 3 2009, 02:10 AM

Ringoko

• Archived User
« Reply #916 on: October 13, 2009, 04:09:00 AM »

has anyone had any luck getting fifa 98 playing?

i have a bin/cue file and pcsxbox v20, but i just get a frozen black screen when i try to load it

dnyce1987

• Archived User
« Reply #917 on: October 21, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

This thread looks somewhat still alive so I'm going to post this here as I can't find the proper thread to post it in.  To anyone who has the source now and is still working on the Pcsxbox please answer me this question: Under CPU options is "Disabling XA sound processing" and under SPU options is "XA Sound" don't they both affect the same thing by disabling the music played in the background of games and also the music and sound played in FMV sequences? Can someone verify this? Because if that's the case it should be noted for future updates.  PEACE

-Dnyce

alucard1282

• Archived User
« Reply #918 on: October 23, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(dnyce1987 @ Oct 21 2009, 10:18 PM) View Post

This thread looks somewhat still alive so I'm going to post this here as I can't find the proper thread to post it in.  To anyone who has the source now and is still working on the Pcsxbox please answer me this question: Under CPU options is "Disabling XA sound processing" and under SPU options is "XA Sound" don't they both affect the same thing by disabling the music played in the background of games and also the music and sound played in FMV sequences? Can someone verify this? Because if that's the case it should be noted for future updates.  PEACE

-Dnyce

hey hello i have a very same problem with this emulator an this type of configurations maybe can you red this post? and help me because i can't make the fmv sound on castlevania SOTN works, is mute all time.
so i think maybe the problem is caused for the bad xa and spu fix sounds configuration?
thanks.
http://www.1emulatio...showtopic=31283

dnyce1987

• Archived User
« Reply #919 on: October 24, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »

Wats up man I read that other post u linked and listen to the guys there because they're right.  The TData and UData have nothing to do with x-port emulators.  The Udata that is stored on the E drive is for Xbox game saves, default thumbnail pictures, etc.  The TData that is also stored on the E drive is for any emulator that isn't ran by x-port.  This could be savestates on the surreal64, configurations set up for other emulators, also are programs such as Mimesis, X-DSL, and all those third party homebrew programs that you can install from Auto Installer Deluxe.  All X-port saves are under E:/Saves/Any x-port emulator.  I will get the ISO and try it myself and I'll tell you the results.

-Dnyce

dnyce1987

• Archived User
« Reply #920 on: October 26, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »

Hey alucard I tried running the game on my pcsxbox v.20 and it works great but the problem you mentioned I've tried many different combination of options and no luck.  The FMV sequences are muted.  I don't think it has anything to do with the file type.  Only BIN/CUE and IMG work as far as I'm concerned.  The only other thing I can suggest you do is trying to download configurations but even then they're like 75% bogus and the users who upload can name them differently which is a pain to find.  I hope the developer is working on a HUGE update on the cores and start a brand new LEGIT and ACCURATE configuration list.  Hope in the next update Mega Man Legends 2 will get past the capcom screen sad.gif.

psyman

• Archived User
« Reply #921 on: November 02, 2009, 03:55:00 AM »

I'm having lots of trouble running Pcsxbox on my xbox & wondered if its just something obvious I'm missing?  
I've managed to get every other emulator on the xbox working without problems & also use epsx on my pc with no hassle too.

I have tried several games now in several formats (.img .bin/.cue .iso) etc & made sure the config settings are identical to the ones listed in this topic but all I get is a black screen - sometimes I cant even quit back to Pcsxbox & have to restart the xbox.

I know my game images are fine because I can use them on PC emulators with no trouble at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

greatant

• Archived User
« Reply #922 on: November 02, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(psyman @ Nov 2 2009, 08:55 PM) View Post

I'm having lots of trouble running Pcsxbox on my xbox & wondered if its just something obvious I'm missing?  
I've managed to get every other emulator on the xbox working without problems & also use epsx on my pc with no hassle too.

I have tried several games now in several formats (.img .bin/.cue .iso) etc & made sure the config settings are identical to the ones listed in this topic but all I get is a black screen - sometimes I cant even quit back to Pcsxbox & have to restart the xbox.

I know my game images are fine because I can use them on PC emulators with no trouble at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

Your best bet for verifying disc images is probably http://redump.org. Images working on a PC emulator doesn't mean a whole lot.
You don't necessarily need a perfect image for the games to work. But remember that the different image types seems to respond differently within PCSXBox.
Also, the images that the recommended settings from this thread were tested on are almost-definately different to your own in ways other than the image type.

The only way you're gonna get them working is by experimenting with a whole lot of settings yourself. Good luck.

psyman

• Archived User
« Reply #923 on: November 02, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

Hi Greatant,

I'll try that site, thanks for the link.  I have also tried images taken from my own playstation discs in various formats too & again they work on the pc but not the xbox.  I will keep trying though.

greatant

• Archived User
« Reply #924 on: November 02, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

Concentrate on the settings, not the image types. Stick with bin/cue if you have a choice, but otherwise play around with the settings.

Foetopsy

• Archived User
« Reply #925 on: November 03, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »

soviet strike plays but there are timing issues with the sound, messed with setting for ages but couldn't get it running nice. is this emu ever going to get updated to the newest pc version of the emulator which play everything good?

greatant

• Archived User
« Reply #926 on: November 03, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foetopsy @ Nov 3 2009, 05:43 PM) View Post

soviet strike plays but there are timing issues with the sound, messed with setting for ages but couldn't get it running nice. is this emu ever going to get updated to the newest pc version of the emulator which play everything good?

The last PC version was in 2003...

hobolarry

• Archived User
« Reply #927 on: November 11, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

great list guys but where is crash bandicoot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . Crash 1 and 2 work fine all the way throug hexcept for the 'dark' levels which sometimes have a few graphical errors but in crash 3 the water levels are unplayable. anyone know which setting to make it work? thanks guys
Hadyn

psyman

• Archived User
« Reply #928 on: November 18, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »

Right guys, I've tried about 20 games now, each with just about every combination of settings possible (starting with the ones recommended on here) and all I get is a black screen which 90% of the time I cant quit out of (Xbox crashes).  I've tried 3 different versions of Pcsxbox too & usually get the same results.  I've got every other program working on my xbox with no trouble but pscxbox just eludes me.

psyman

• Archived User
« Reply #929 on: December 14, 2009, 05:58:00 AM »

Ok I've managed to get one game working - final fantasy VII & I'm very pleased coz thats the main game I want to play.  Its almost perfect apart from the music is a little jumpy & the fade effect when you go into battle doesnt work - does anyone know a fix for these?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65