xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: The “Über Xbe Exploit” Aka Uxe  (Read 1769 times)

Constellation

• Archived User
The “Über Xbe Exploit” Aka Uxe
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2005, 03:26:00 AM »

This would probably sound like a really weird question, so here it is. What happens when your CMOS (or whatever) battery dies in your Xbox with this softmod?

Also, what has changed in the latest release of uxe_complete from 0.20 to the latest one?

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Constellation @ Aug 1 2005, 05:37 AM)
This would probably sound like a really weird question, so here it is. What happens when your CMOS (or whatever) battery dies in your Xbox with this softmod?

The xbox has no CMOS battery, it has a short life cap. when this dies, it loses time.
QUOTE(Constellation @ Aug 1 2005, 05:37 AM)
Also, what has changed in the latest release of uxe_complete from 0.20 to the latest one?

read the readme, thats whut its for.

EladKatz

• Archived User
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »

what if i have a virgin ntsc machine and nothing else (apart from my home networked pc) is this what i should use? if so - how??? i dont see a tutorial here... only patches and fonts and i don't quite understand what i'm supposed to do with them...

jaymunee80

• Archived User
« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

use the gamesaves available at the usual places

EladKatz

• Archived User
« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(jaymunee80 @ Aug 24 2005, 04:30 AM)
use the gamesaves available at the usual places

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #350 on: August 24, 2005, 04:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(EladKatz @ Aug 24 2005, 03:32 AM)
are you reffering to me - if so - what do you mean use the savegames availble? how should i get them on the machine?

heraldoffailure

• Archived User
« Reply #351 on: November 06, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

Me wonders how many people lose their jobs everytime you post one of these on the scene...

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #352 on: November 07, 2005, 03:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(heraldoffailure @ Nov 7 2005, 06:15 AM)
Me wonders how many people lose their jobs everytime you post one of these on the scene...

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #353 on: November 07, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »

I think ms just wanted to evalutate all weaknesses and and uses of/for a modded machine so they could use that to design the 360.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(XLNC @ Dec 6 2005, 05:16 AM) View Post

I've done my first softmod (xbox v1.6) after sticking to modchips and TSOP flashing ever since I started modding, but I am very very impressed with the UXE exploit, well done to the creators, this is way past what I expected.

Welcome to the Noughties  smile.gif .  Softmods have more kudos.  They're free, easy, and more flexible (can be XBL compatible whereas TSOP flashes aren’t).

I bet a lot more people have hexed their softmod files to customise their setups to exactly what they want than ever built their own BIOSes.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(dudeman420 @ Feb 17 2006, 02:05 AM) View Post

so my questions to be more specific (sorry for the long post i figure over specific detail is better than less)

1. should the zip i made of c keep the right directory structure and file copy/extraction order (for the fonts)
2. is there any boxes that dont like the generic font and is there an advantage to using the specific one for that kernel
3. do you want a copy to give out when its done as i havent seen a gamesave only installer for ndure (with this gamesave you only need a 8 meg (eg..my regular xbox memcard ) memory card and a game that can launch it as well i have it made for all three exploitable games sc ma and 007
with this you can softmod(ndure) any xbox with only a memcard and a game

when its done you will have a hidden c and a blank one in its place (via ndure shadowc)
as well as unleashx installed to c dash and a copy of the original c in the e drive that can be copied back to the shadow c to make the original dash accesible

its a three step process

1 copy the gamesave to the xbox hd via the original dash with the game out
2 remove the memory card and load the gamesave via the original game sc ma 007
3 click the first option on the list and wait till it says "all done smile.gif"
when you restart the xbox with no game in the drive you will see the unleash x dash
i often carry another disk containing xbmc dvd2xbox and dvdx2 so i can install them as well

i know its no real accomplishment i just hadnt seen a simplified installer for ndure on xbins so i figured i would let you know  and see for sure about its "compatibility" though i have tested it repeatedly myself

1: guess so
2: there are xboxes that don't like generic fonts. also having a specific font set will let you boot the exploit also from allready powered on state (like in dual retail mode)
3: there are many gamesave installers allready (including simplified Ndure installers) we don't need another one

(4: why is this in the UXE thread?)

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mitch_s_s @ Mar 7 2006, 09:49 PM) View Post

is there no walkthrough??
or guide lol
i dont understand how i can do this

try looking in the pinned topics.

Slane420

• Archived User
« Reply #357 on: August 15, 2007, 05:02:00 AM »

Whats with the 3 folders of Bert and diffrent file sizes? I was gussing just to use the Generic one but not sure from what folder. Yes I looked at the tut's said nothing on this. I bet I gotta download something on xbins also? I just downloaded the file on this page and nothing more.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »

UXE is outdated, use NDure and don't bump dead threads.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]