xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98

Author Topic: Xboxhdm For Dummies  (Read 27960 times)

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (ldots @ Jul 29 2004, 01:12 PM)
If you just do a simple clone this way the F: on the new drive will also be 80 Gb. The FAT filesystem is transferred also - I guess cloning is a good name smile.gif

To get access to the rest of the drive you would have to reformat F: (data will be lost) to let it take up the rest of the drive or define a G: partition (F: will be left intact).

thanks.

This would mean the current linux partition table scheme(in the cvs, for supporting G) would be dead wrong. I think I would make some patches to it.

ldots

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »

Come to think of it I believe the current hacked bioses only allow the F+G scheme to let F take up to 137Gb and G the rest or to let F take it all. Dont think you can let F be 80 Gb and G the rest.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (ldots @ Jul 29 2004, 01:41 PM)
Come to think of it I believe the current hacked bioses only allow the F+G scheme to let F take up to 137Gb and G the rest or to let F take it all. Dont think you can let F be 80 Gb and G the rest.

Um, Assuming I have the initial 10G HD which has a 2G F:. Now if I clone this to a new one with say 120G, The FAT would still contain the 2G info making the rest assigned as F: but no way to be accessed.

ldots

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »

That's correct.

A fatx partition/filesystem editor could be made, but I dont think it exists yet.

big_pimping25

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

Guy wish me good luck,im going to try to build a hdd from scratch with a new wd1200bb hdd,im nervous as hell i cant even sleep.

EthanHunt_IMF

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »

if you're using xboxhd it should be a piece of cake and when you're done you are gonna wonder what you were nervous about.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

read this post on how to get slayers disk:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=117478

and if dont want to go through all the readings then visit this irc channel:

irc://snoop.burghcom.com/slaYers and type !installer and press enter to get slayers disk 2.5 final.

EthanHunt_IMF

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

configmagic for <v1.5 if you have a v1.6 box use evox

Edit: You can use evox or all of them if you have it installed already.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

slayers disk a  iso image taht contains apps, games, roms, emulators and xbox dashboard version 4920. if you have xbox version les than 53xx then u need this when u rebuild ur C:\ drive. if you have kernel version more than 53xx that doesnt allow downgraded pre live 2.0 dashboard then u need 5659.03 dasboard. Firefuckers x-disk contains 5659.03 dashboard. look for at my previous post on how to get slayers disk 2.5.

gronne

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

I ran xboxhdm and tried to unlock the hd with option 6 but nothing happened after the hd info was shown, it was still locked, and it didn't matter how many times I tried it. I did put the eeprom.ini in it's folder so unless something was wrong with the eeprom I don't know. Then I tried running option 3 "locking/unloking" and i ran "unlockhd -a" and it claimed it was unlocked, but when I locked it it said it had changed password to xboxscene and I thought everything was nice but from the info it said that the security was enabled but security locked said no, does that mean it didn't re-lock? Am I in the shit then or what?

Edit: I reboot the whole thing and ran option 6 again and at least now it said it was security locked. But why does it refuse to work? It's an old 20gb that I've installed UDE on. But now I tried it as a guinea pig instead of the 160gb I will try it on later.

With the 3:rd option "locking/unlocking" is it possible to unlock it there and then start up xboxhd and do the installs I want and somehow go back to option 3 so I can lock it again. Or maybe I can run option 6 then, and it will lock it?

gronne

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

please reply someone. I took the 160gb and ran xboxhdm only to see if it was locked(it has never been used), but it wasn't locked. If I would choose install from scratch and all worked do I choose option 6 then and it will lock? But I don't want to try it on the 160gb first as it's not my stuffs, so if anyone knows how what might be wrong when I did it on my 20gb. Please tell.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

With the 3:rd option "locking/unlocking" is it possible to unlock it there and then start up xboxhd and do the installs I want and somehow go back to option 3 so I can lock it again. Or maybe I can run option 6 then, and it will lock it?

exactly thats what you do, first u go to option "3" and unlock the hd, then you build ur hd, install F:\ drive and everything. After you finish your work then you go back to option "3" again and lock the hard drive.

gronne

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

No, sorry, of course I mean eeprom.bin(I've been working with lots of ini-files lately so I was writing w/o thinking).
Ok, that sounds good, but say I unlock the drive and go into xboxhd, and perform the actions I need, what do I write to come back to option 3, so I can lock it again? because if the pc restarts when the drive is unlocked it's broken, right? I'm VERY cautious.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

when it will format the f;\ drive pc will autometically restart and go back to main menu. but you are safe as you have the eeprom.bin. Some people experienced freezeup after restarting but its a BIOS issue ( as Ldots said). but as long as you have ur eeprom you are safe.

gronne

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

NICE. So I'm totally safe and won't make a paperweight of my buddies hdd if I have the eeprom. Cool. I only had one question before I was going to start, but I think you just answered it, but I ask anyway. When I have unlocked the drive can I write something to come to xboxhdm or shall I restart my pc to get there and it will still be unlocked? You didn't write how to come to xboxhd in the tutor when you've unlocked it. When you've answered that I'm ALL set to go.

Thanks for standing out with me as I MUST be a pain in the ass with all these stupid questions.  My cautiousness truly is rediculous.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98