xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A What Not To Do With Your Tsop  (Read 542 times)

TKramka

• Archived User
A What Not To Do With Your Tsop
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

I thought it was 512k.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(TKramka @ May 13 2005, 01:08 PM)
I thought it was 512k.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(i_albarran @ May 27 2005, 07:06 PM)
hi to everyone,

TheODog

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vidness @ May 28 2005, 10:32 AM)
Are you saying that the New  X2 bios (50xx) can be flashed to the older Xboxes with no problems?

i_albarran

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(|agge| @ May 31 2005, 02:47 PM)
Hi i got TSOP on my v1.4 xbox and now im putting in a X3 chip and want to flash the TSOP with the original bios again. What version should i flash with and what size should it be?

fiveskinoff

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

wots the diference between bios and tsop i thought they were the same

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(studio1b @ Apr 14 2005, 12:55 AM)
yes i did see that if i slip up and do a 256 on a 1 meg it will flasg 4 sections of the tsop with a 256K smile.gif but still this should not be the way u do things.

Ghost112

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Dec 26 2004, 04:30 PM)
depends, im not sure about newer versions of the flashbios but older ones used the sector erase command (like evox) and couldnt flash winbonds, so you were pretty much stuck unless you installed linux and used raincoat

ventline

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

well i thought i would add one more not to do. DO NOT FLASH TSOP FROM A DEBUGED BIOS. It cleared it but never wrote anything.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(nvdaredevil666 @ Feb 23 2006, 09:23 AM) View Post

im not sure what not to do with a tsop, i am extremly new. i am trying to find the cheapest and best way possable to back up my xbox games to a hard drive. i found a 200gb hard drive on ebay for reall cheap, so i was tihnking of using that size.  i started doing research on how to upgrade it, and i found out i needed a chip, i was already aware of wut chips do, well, the basic consept, so i was gunna have to buy one of them as well. i was looking at the xecuter 2.6 lite ce i think, i dont want it for the perks, just for the hard drive swapping and upgrading. i was wondering if someone could give me a link to a website who has liek a noob guide to upgrading a hard drive and backing up them. i read something about evox, but that i had to install onto a mod chip, i was wondering if there was a way to have evox or a something like that on my xbox w/o installing a mod chip and be able to back up my games and stil lbe able to do that with a bigger hard drive.  any links of tutorials would be greatly welcomed

if you want an inexpensive modchip get a duox2, however you can also upgrade the hard drive with a softmod or TSOP flash, both of which can be done for free (assuming you already have a pc and soldering equipment)

drewdown

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

Im just about to get an Xecutor X2.6 and i havent flashed on yet only Xenium ice and X3 so here is my question: I have X2_5035_vold512k and its for a V1.0 xbox. I read earlier that Bios should be 1mb for the older x box is this the correct bios to flash to the chip??

On another note what about X3_3294 1mb bios is this bad news since its not for a X2.6 chip or will it work?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(nvdaredevil666 @ Feb 25 2006, 10:25 PM) View Post

thanks. i actually found something on here where i have to hook up 3 wires t oa switch and then i have to download some bios and a biostool, i have some bios, i was trying for a xecture ones, 4977,  thats wut was used in the guide, and i think i got somthing close to that, but it says i need to open it in biostool, wich is also found on #xbins, but i cant be logged onto #xbins for more then a few minutes untill it kicks me off for good. and i dindt even do nuttin. but assuming i do log onto #xbins and i get to it fine and all, the bio tool folder is there, but i cant find one that will take the 256k bio and resave it as a 512 bio. would i be able to just download a 512k bio, i ahve a version 1.0 box, so i have the 1mb tsop, and its not the sharp version of the tsop. the link to the guide that i am using to mod my xbox is: "http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/tsop-live-1mb.php". tell me if you would advise this. i am only trying to back up my games to my hdd, so far. right now i am still trying to find the bios and bios editing tool and the other software that i need.  tell me if you think this is a good guide, if a 512k bio would work fine, where i can go to get the software that i need for it, and if i am doing sometihng rong with xbins, or if it happens to other people. thanks alot.:-)

not sure whats up with xbins, try the 1 click tool in my sig

4977 is very old, but will work on your 1.0, personally id suggest 4981 (256k) or 5035 (512k)

xbtool will let you resize any bios (just click the size button instead of opening the image) but if you flash with evox or raincoat .7 you dont need to resize, they will resize for you

for wiring a switch, use the TSOP split link in my sig as a wiring guide

after doing all this you will still have to use a softmod or gamesave exploit to be able to load a flashing utility (evox, raincoat .7, or eurasia 1.3)

QUOTE(drewdown @ Feb 28 2006, 02:41 PM) View Post

Im just about to get an Xecutor X2.6 and i havent flashed on yet only Xenium ice and X3 so here is my question: I have X2_5035_vold512k and its for a V1.0 xbox. I read earlier that Bios should be 1mb for the older x box is this the correct bios to flash to the chip??

On another note what about X3_3294 1mb bios is this bad news since its not for a X2.6 chip or will it work?

well, that has nothing to do with TSOP flashing (TSOP is the xbox onboard bios chip, not a modchip) but 5035 will be fine, use 512k for a x2.6

do not use an x3 bios, its only for the x3 chip

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

Raincoat is a small linux app used to read/write bios images to your tsop.  As for a tutorial on it, you can read a flashing tutorial and it will give you some information on the commands.  Also check to see if it came with a readme file, it may contain some information.  

Caster.

punktilend

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

ok hello, first off i have a 1.0 xbox with a 4983.67 bios and no modchip just tsop flashed, 200gig hdd, and found out a while ago that it only tops out at like 130gigs so i asked around and was told i need a new bios but the thing is that the 4983.67 supports more than 130 gigs doesnt it? but either way im trying to figure out how to get the rest out of my hard drive maybe i somehow partitioned it wrong when i installed it? i dont really know, if anyone can help please do so.

Meat_PoPsiclez

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

What bios would be recommended for me?
I'm currently running a softmod on a 1.2/1.3 (according to xbmc, I can't really recall what it is) xbox, evox bios set to f to 137, g for the rest. (although I only have a 120 in the machine atm anyhow).

The reason I want to move to a tsop mod is to bypass the dvd-rom checks, as the thompson drive in it has been more or less doa for better than two years, and adding a pc drive would really make it a good media center (95% of it's running hours are spent in xbmc).

If you can point me to a suitable bios (and the proper editor for it) I can hack up the options I need pretty comfortably.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4