xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can U Use A Programmer To Put Os On Xenium  (Read 178 times)

appleguru

• Archived User
Can U Use A Programmer To Put Os On Xenium
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

wink.gif) tongue.gif /me looks at his parents... always telling me to do my homework... biggrin.gif

In any case, updating XOS2 beta2 may fix the hanging issue your having with 1.1 at the moment. Now that you've managed to flash the OS, does recovery mode via the recovery switch work again? Here's to hoping you get your chip working again! beerchug.gif

TooHuge

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 07:01:00 AM »

If you do get this working, let me know step by step what you did. I was using os2b2 burnt to a cdr. Would launch recovery from the good chip os then swap then insert the disc. Would say loaded from cd and then nothing. Did yours actually flash and turn the xbox off like it was supposed to?

TooHuge

jimmy999

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!!!!, Hallelujah, thanks to all who have helped me thru this trying process!!  Especially APPLUGURU for his patience and artifex for the TEAM XODUS wisdom.  too TOO HUGE, i out my XENIUM ICE that worked in the box, went to RECVOERY, as soon as the recovery screen came up, I quickly changed the chip to my dead XENIUM blue, (I used the CD/ISO recovery version of OS 1.1 from the TEAMXODUS site, i will be glad to providre you with the link).  Mind you I had chips switched before the screen SAID GOT FROM CD!!, then I waited, i saw the LED on my XENIUM got to GREEN, however the xbox did not shut down automatically so, after 10 minutes i just shut it down using the power button.  Then I just turned the power back on and it booted right up to the XENIUM 1.1 no frag no probs, just a clean BOOT.  If you have any probs please contact me, i will try to help anyway i can, and if you see any one in any other forum with the same problem, please let me know.   THANK YOU again to everybody involved.
JIMMY HINSHAW

jimmy999

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

TOO HUGE, i will make a deal with you, if you give up on your chip, you can send it to me, and I will try to fix it for you, it is totaly up to you.  I am just trying to help.  Mine gave the same RED LED that yours did the first time, it just does take some timing i guess, first time didn't work for me either.  But the second time, SUCCESS!!
Jimmy

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

Yes, the timing is very critical... Rule of thumb... remove the chip, and put the new chip on, pretty much right when you see the front eject led go orange.  Once you get to "Got from...", if you dont have the chip to be recovered on the pins... then it's too late.

--Artifex

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

One of the things on our "long term to-do" list includes making several such improvements to the recovery process.  It's back-burner for now, but will certainly happen eventually.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (jimmy999 @ Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM)
IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!!!!, Hallelujah, thanks to all who have helped me thru this trying process!!  Especially APPLUGURU for his patience and artifex for the TEAM XODUS wisdom.  too TOO HUGE, i out my XENIUM ICE that worked in the box, went to RECVOERY, as soon as the recovery screen came up, I quickly changed the chip to my dead XENIUM blue, (I used the CD/ISO recovery version of OS 1.1 from the TEAMXODUS site, i will be glad to providre you with the link).  Mind you I had chips switched before the screen SAID GOT FROM CD!!, then I waited, i saw the LED on my XENIUM got to GREEN, however the xbox did not shut down automatically so, after 10 minutes i just shut it down using the power button.  Then I just turned the power back on and it booted right up to the XENIUM 1.1 no frag no probs, just a clean BOOT.  If you have any probs please contact me, i will try to help anyway i can, and if you see any one in any other forum with the same problem, please let me know.   THANK YOU again to everybody involved.
JIMMY HINSHAW

You know, I bet you can use the exact same trick to upgrade a Xen Blue on a 1.6 xbox

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gumba @ Sep 19 2004, 11:55 PM)
You know, I bet you can use the exact same trick to upgrade a Xen Blue on a 1.6 xbox

No, unfortunatly not.

Or, at least, in theory it will not work.  Can't hurt to try.

--Artifex
Pages: 1 [2]