xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can U Use A Programmer To Put Os On Xenium  (Read 170 times)

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Can U Use A Programmer To Put Os On Xenium
« on: September 14, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

a publicly availible one doesn't exist AFAIK...

contact Team Xodus.. they may be able to help u...

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »

Even without an OS you can recover the xenium... just flip the switch on the chip itself to recovery...

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

No, I read your post. What I'm saying is that there is no way to get rid of recovery mode; it is always there, and doesn't just go away (Not entirely true, but... That *is* the point of recovery mode). There are no programmers availible to the public that will work on your chip. give some more details on your problem, maybe we can find a fix.

Example: What version xbox? What chip (Blue, ICE)? What install method (pinheader, quicksolder, solderless, etc)? What you did when trying to upgrade the OS and what happened to make it 'fail'... What color your chip/xbox LEDs are, etc.

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »

Well, as appleguru pointed out, there is (almost) no way to damage the recovery mode.  The only ways that it *could* happen go way beyond a simple power loss... and would probably damage the xbox before the chip.

There is also the possibility you have a clone.  If the chip is a clone, you may be experiencing a portion of ACT.  When and where did you purchase the chip?

Beyond all of that, there is one way you could repair the OS on the chip, but it takes a bit of carefull timing.  Use a xenium which is not damaged to boot the recovery mode, and AS SOON as video appears on the screen, VERY QUICKLY switch from the good chip to the "dead" chip, before the "Got from HDD" or "Got from CD" message appears on the screen.

And, no, this little bit of CPR will not "revive" a dead clone... only a dead legitimate chip.

--Artifex

P.S.

Please do NOT start multiple threads on the same topic.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

Anything is possible, but seeing as Artifex is the lead developer for Team Xodus, I'm willing to bet what he's telling you to do wont damage your good chip. (No logical reason why it would).

/me bets your physical recovery switch is somehow broken, preventing you from entering recovery mode via hardware.

Just a guess, but seems to be most likely situation...

TooHuge

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

I am in the exact same boat as you, I have no recover mode and other chips work on my xbox. Just frags! I would also like to try the hot swap method. How do I handle the d0 point for the hot swap? Do I solder the d0 to both chips, boot off the good one, enter recovery mode and swap the chip for the damaged one? Leaving the d0 connected to both chips and the mobo? Or can I just put the d0 on the good chip that i boot with and still swap and flash the bad with no d0??

Thanks
TooHuge

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (TooHuge @ Sep 15 2004, 09:31 PM)
I am in the exact same boat as you, I have no recover mode and other chips work on my xbox. Just frags! I would also like to try the hot swap method. How do I handle the d0 point for the hot swap? Do I solder the d0 to both chips, boot off the good one, enter recovery mode and swap the chip for the damaged one? Leaving the d0 connected to both chips and the mobo? Or can I just put the d0 on the good chip that i boot with and still swap and flash the bad with no d0??

Thanks
TooHuge

d0 is only needed at boot time to initially load the XOS, RecoveryOS or BIOS, so it doesn't really matter what you do with the d0 after the xbox boots to something smile.gif

TooHuge

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

I will try this out in about 3 hours (after work) I will post my results. ok so I will boot my xbox with the working chip go to recovery mode and swap for the bad chip. Why do i need to do this really fast? wont it just wait at recovery mode untill I put in the cd? I will do this fast but I dont want to fly through it and mess it up...

TooHuge

jimmy999

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

I was wondering the same thing TOOHUGE, so if you get too the answer before me let me know what works.  If there is a time limit, let me know.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

most likely it won't.... you'll be lucky to get ur XOS back.....

jimmy999

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

YES!!!, well I can get the XENIUM that was dead to get to the first XENIUM splash screen, so I feel that If i try the "HOT-SWAP" chip recovery one more time it will hit, i will let you know.
j

jimmy999

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

P.S.> I DID NOT use OS2, repeat DID NOT,
I am using the 1.6 os I beleive

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

OS1.1?

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

Well, that certainly is progress.. You may wish to attempt using OS2 beta2, as it may solve your issues... But then again, it was the update to said OS that screwed you over in the first place, no?

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

wink.gif
Pages: [1] 2