xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gaming Region And Video Standard  (Read 54 times)

Gumba

• Archived User
Gaming Region And Video Standard
« on: September 15, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (envida @ Sep 15 2004, 08:26 AM)
I have installed Xenium Ice and everything is working perfectly. I’m only a bit concerned about LIVE! When I want to use the original msdashboard, I just choose to load that in the launch menu and I can use Live safe? Is this correct?

The other thing is the EEprom settings, when I change something there like the video standard and gaming region, will this affect the Xbox when loading the msdashboard and can I still use LIVE?

Reason I ask this is because I have a PAL Xbox and want to play a NTSC game (original bought) and connect to LIVE, can I do this now?

Cheers and thanks for any replies

Yes, the eeprom changes should affect the retail kernel. And yes, I guess that will affect the game.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

This should work fine.

Just be sure to backup your eeprom *Before* you change the setting; in case any thing goes wrong you can always restore.

Be sure your HDD is locked and then boot from the TSOP and pop in your retail NTSC game. Should boot fine and live shouldn't be a problem.

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »

actually, the video region setting in the eeprom is only to tell the encoder whether to output a pal or ntsc signal.  It has nothing to do with playing ntsc games on a pal console, and vice versa.

You will, however, want to change your game region... but even this only matters when using the original ms firmware, and all of the derivitave firmwares dont do this check.

Odds are, you do NOT want to change your pal/ntsc setting in the eeprom.

--Artifex