xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.3 Lite Nightmares  (Read 356 times)

cabshield

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.3 Lite Nightmares
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »

get someone else to do it

RapBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »

The xbox would start up... Xecuter was blue, Front LED was green... BUt the xbox would "power down" and back on 3 times... then flash red/green on the eject button.

that means ur DO wiring is rong, check them agian. the do on v1.1 and 1.0 is easy to solder but the rest are a little difficult, do to there suroundings.
so check the do wiring.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (cabshield @ Dec 21 2003, 11:58 AM)
get someone else to do it

Yes... quit killing your Xboxes... send it to someone and then view their work so you can see what you're doing wrong.

*cough* I'll do it *cough*

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »

i have the same problem, and my soldering is fine (i solder surface mount components most days as part of my job).

does anyone know what the problem is?

Apollo1202

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2003, 06:49:00 PM »

well, i'm expirencing the same exact problem with the fragging after 3 boots and the red/green eject

i have a v1.0 or v1.1, either way i did a pinheader install with a 2.3 lite chip and i get it
though i desoldered the lpc holes since they were filled (on second though i should of just used the wires but i've had good luck using the pinheader) and i'm using the alternative d0 point on the back side, i've checked my solder points on the pin header and everythings is a okay on them, so its my d0 point or the ground, i'm kinda clueless on this one please help???

sammo1

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »

On the v1.5 what bios did you use? It must be the M7 or one other new one. I did the same on a 1.5 using a old bios 4976.02 and had same problem. check it out

Terrorbyte

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2003, 07:07:00 PM »

I'll admit that I experienced a relentless FRAGing problem with an X2.3 Lite on a v1.0 XBOX -- I've done nearly 100 XBOX installs (with 100% success rate) and this was the first time I had ever had issues with a FRAG.  I went for the wire harness install at first, nothing but FRAGs (checked voltages, etc., everything panned out perfectly - the FRAG was a definite mystery).  So, I then desoldered the LPC bus, and did a pin header install (this is the way I usually install chips, except on 1.0s because I don't like to waste my time desoldering).  Still endless fragging.  I finally got pissed and threw in one of my spare X2.2 Pro modchips, sure enough it worked like a champ, used SAME D0 wire and pin header.  

BTW, for those of you getting FRAGs, that USUALLY means D0 is fine; you can generally narrow down a FRAG problem to bad LPC soldering (for soldering noobs) or a bad/non-existent BIOS (for example, if you install a factory X2.2 Lite on a v1.4 or above, you'll FRAG because the Cromwell FlashBIOS doesn't recognize the Focus video encoder).  BTW, if you have a v1.4 or v1.5 XBOX, you must use X2_4979 or EvoxM7, or you'll FRAG.  I'm definitely advanced at soldering, so when I get FRAG problems I immediately assume it's a BIOS issue, and 100% of the time I've been correct with that assumption -- in fact, this isn't really an assumption, it's plain fact in my case.  

The X2.3 problem bothered the shit out of me, so I proceeded to install it into a v1.3 XBOX that I was doing (I had 6 to do tonight - damn holidays), sure enough it worked without a hitch in the v1.3.  Why the X2.3 did not work in the v1.0 I do not know (it was my 3rd X2.3 Lite install, FIRST problem).  At any rate, there may be an issue with the Cromwell 2.2x Dev BIOS, but from what I've seen here others have gotten these chips working fine on v1.0s.

TalinTheLost

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »

Hmmmm... i'm a n00b at all this (especially soldering). I did my first mod a week ago - Xbox 1.5 and a X2.3Lite.

Did a pin header install - followed Xecuter's tutorial to the letter. Fragged first time - re-soldered LPC points.
Worked like a charm. Havent had any trouble since.

So yeah - they definately work - and if a n00b like me can do it...surely the rest of you can  blink.gif

Apollo1202

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »

well what about this, i threw my xecuter 2.2 lite chip in the xbox (modding my little brothers for christmas) the chip is already flashed witht the 4977 bios and i still get the boot 3 times and red/green eject button led? what gives?

Onslaught_X

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 07:26:00 PM »

http://www.teamxecut.../23lite_pin.htm

try reading that. Read the bottom too ;-)

Troubleshooting notes:

If you get the default Xbox animation on screen then the d0 point / mod enable is not working. Check your D0 point
and check that the external switch is connected correctly.

If you get a FRAG (Eject / Power light on Xbox Flashes Red and Green) then there is one of 4 problems:

1. The pin header is not soldered correctly
2. The mod is not seated on the pin header correctly
3. There is no bios on the modchip
4. The mod is faulty (although this is always unlikely as the returns rate is very low)

If you get no blue LED's on the mod then your USB power connector and / or ground points need checking.

Terrorbyte

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (Onslaught_X @ Dec 22 2003, 12:26 AM)
http://www.teamxecut.../23lite_pin.htm

try reading that. Read the bottom too ;-)

Troubleshooting notes:

If you get the default Xbox animation on screen then the d0 point / mod enable is not working. Check your D0 point
and check that the external switch is connected correctly.

If you get a FRAG (Eject / Power light on Xbox Flashes Red and Green) then there is one of 4 problems:

1. The pin header is not soldered correctly
2. The mod is not seated on the pin header correctly
3. There is no bios on the modchip
4. The mod is faulty (although this is always unlikely as the returns rate is very low)

If you get no blue LED's on the mod then your USB power connector and / or ground points need checking.

My issue with the v1.0 definitely DID NOT reflect any of those 4 points, it was something beyond that.  Again, the soldering was clean and voltages checked out 100% on the pin header (I also mentioned that this shit did not work on the wire harness either, and you have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to fuck up a wire harness install).  Also, the X2.2 Pro modchip worked without any modification to the pin header/D0 wire after removing the X2.3 Lite chip.  Double, triple, quadruple-checked the ground, I also grounded to different points, nothing, FRAG'ed like a bitch.  

However, this particular XBOX was a refurb, and the bottom (back side) of the motherboad definitely looked fubar'd in the area directly below the ALT D0 point, almost as if someone had attempted a failed mod on the board, returned it (and this xbox wound up at a refurb center), then sure enough it wound up in my hands for a mod.  Still no explanation as to why the X2.2 Pro had no issues on the same damn pin header.  If the LPC traces or the mobo was shot, then the X2.2 Pro shouldn't have worked, but it sure as hell did.  

The X2.3 Lite definitely got power and was installed correctly, the xbox also booted whenever I disabled the mod. Not a BIOS issue either, as the same X2.3 Lite worked in a v1.3 xbox.  Oh well, moving on now.

onnet

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2003, 12:36:00 AM »

Hi there

I also have problem with Xecuter Lite 2.3 and Xbox v1.5.

When chip is diabled XBOX boot's fine with MS boot. Setting chip to enable Xbox power up / down 3 times (with flashing orange / green) then it starts up with red / green flash. Both blue lights on chip are lit and I have a green light on the "swith panel".

I hve not tried to flash it yet.

Does someone have any clues on whats maybe wrong? (Yes I am not a solering expert)

Can I chek the headerpins with a voltmeter (mulitmeter)? If so, what values am I supposed to get on the differnet pins?

crow69

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2003, 02:27:00 AM »

done a few 2.2 in various xboxes .... got new 2.3 chip ... tried to put it into 1.0 ..... error .... removes 2.2 from my xbox wired into 1.0 .. no prob, and then put 2.3 into my xbox ... end of problems smile.gif

until some1 gives me a 1.0 box to chip

Apollo1202

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

so after playing with mine for a couple days i have got rid of the red/green frag and now have just plain orange led flashing on the eject button, what does this mean?

Moleman

• Recovered User
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »

Overheat I think.  Or no video cable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3