xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.3 Lite Nightmares  (Read 355 times)

CybrJnkie

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.3 Lite Nightmares
« on: January 02, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (NFCTinken @ Dec 23 2003, 04:45 PM)
I had a similar problem with a 2.2 Lite where it would power on / off three times, but the problem was due to the chip not having a good BIOS. I was not able to flash the chip via the OZX Flash method and hot-swap would not work either, so I resorted to using my programmer, which solved the problem.

When yours was fragging, do you know what color all three LEDs were by any chance. I also have the 2.2 Lite and am fragging. All three of my LEDs shine blue with chip enabled, unprotected, and on bank 2. I haven't even gotten to flash on the eject yet prior to install because all it does is frag when enabled and there's no video. When disabled, I can boot to MSdash as expected.

Btw, this is on a v1.0 box

chris67rs

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

hmm, let me see, you Fucked up 3 of them, let me try a 4th one...

your friends must be really stupid...

excess

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

Im having the same problems you guys are with the fraging on a 2.3 lite but Ive come to the conclusion that it has to be the bios on the chip. I have a 1.4 or 5 and was wondering how I can flash the chip if I can't get it to boot.

Ski-Whiz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (excess @ Jan 3 2004, 06:55 PM)
Im having the same problems you guys are with the fraging on a 2.3 lite but Ive come to the conclusion that it has to be the bios on the chip. I have a 1.4 or 5 and was wondering how I can flash the chip if I can't get it to boot.

Does the cd eject when the box is powered up?? Ont hose boxes, there is no video, and if the dvd ejects, that is normal..just load the bios cd and letter rip..

excess

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

well when the chip is on it frags so I know the cromwell bios cant be running in the background.

rvote

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

I have a 2.3B Pro and had the power-on, power-off 3 times problem.  I had used the alternative D0 connection point on the underside of the pcb.  Once I moved the D0 wire to the top of the pcb solder point the power-on/off problem stopped.
However now my mod doesn't seem to work.  I've flashed it with different bios's (evox,X2,etc) and whenever I power-on my xbox it loads the retail bios off the xbox motherboard.  I have a version 1.0 xbox and both blue led's light along with the green led on the external DIP switch board.  It seems as though the modchip is not communicating with the motherboard.
I used the pin header install method and all solder points are good.  As a side note I modded my other Xbox with an earlier version of the X2 Pro and have had no problems with it.  As a matter of fact I took it out of my xbox and placed it in the xbox I'm currently modding and the older X2 worked, so I know my solder points are good.
I'm beginning to think these 2.3b's are crap.   Any feedback/Solutions?

geppo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (Terrorbyte @ Dec 22 2003, 05:07 AM)
BTW, if you have a v1.4 or v1.5 XBOX, you must use X2_4979 or EvoxM7, or you'll FRAG.

Thank you for that. I had fragging problem and I was sure that I had soldered the chip correctly as I've been doing it for dozens of times.

So, thank you again.

SABREW0LF

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »

i have the same problem with the 2.3 but the problem happen when i work with the xbmp of the slayer.  but the xbmp in cd dosn't happend
if you have any solution please tellme thanks

hairyspheers

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »

Fragged my v1.5 with a 2.3b lite+. Damn that sound military! Anyways, my box frags with the chip installed on and off, and with no chip. DAMIT! WTF did I do. I think I messed up the factory bios if that is possible. I did scrape the living hell out of my d0 though after like 100 attempts to get everything to work and still no worky. All three lights light up on the chip but still frag. I pushed, and rattle, and played with it till I said F'u. Damn its so irritating!

Civicminded

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

ive had the same things happen to me!(2.3b lite) still no solutions? i mean how many people could be soldering that bad? its obviously not that it could be the bios but im not going to pay another 15-20 bucks or whatever to get a programmer if the chips are just pieces of shit if anyone else had these problems and resorted to a programmer and was sucsessful let me know im tired of waisting time and money i need answers! should have got the older 2.2pro what was i thinking

dux ducis

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

Christ I wish I had read this before I ordered/installed...

getting the same "power down" 3 times then FRAG with a 2.3b lite and 1.0 box.

All these people with the same problem and still no solution? I just finished installing the thing tonight (by soldering, no other option since it's a 1.0) and don't feel like fuxing with it further at the moment. Thing is, even with chip disabled, I still get no video.. what the fuck is the deal...

wireless g

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2004, 03:36:00 AM »

this was happening 2 me (frag 3 times) all i did was move my chip and it worked (i think it was the d0)

tombog007

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

What do you do if you recently took out a modchip (via cutting the wires close to the soder points), and the dreaded RED AND GREEN blinking light haunts your xbox.  I dont understand, the xbox doesnt have the chip in it any more.  It should work perfectly right???   I got it installed by someone else so I really dont know if its as simple as cutting out the chip.  Sounds like everyones had there share of mishaps.  I'd appreciate the info...thanks

zanex25

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

My problem is similar to all of these except when I installed my 2.3b lite in my 1.0 box it loaded the cromwell flash no prb at first but if I switched the chip to disable then it would frag. I thought maybe I had to flash the chip and then it would work so I switched the chip back to enabled and flashed it using the M7 BIOS. the flash went smooth according to the on screen display and then the xbox shut down. I turned the xbox back on, still in enabled mode and nothing but frag. now both enable and disable are fragging. I was wondering if tis is a problem with the XBOX now or is it the chip. I have gone over all of my solder points and I have even re-soldered them everything seems to be "good". I wasn wondering if I buy one of those external flash units, do you think that would help my situation at all or am I fubared?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

ssjdave80

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

I have a v1.0 xbox  and I tired a wire install with my 2.3b pro. my soldering is fine all the lights on my chip go on and still my xbox botts twice green and poweres down then goes to the green/red . All points are soldered well >they have continuity and I soldered them 4 different times still no difference. Wha is going on . I am beginning to think something is wrong with the 2.3b's. My xbox works with the chip off.

Edit: by the way I have 3 other posts on this and still no answer. Doesn't anyone have the answer.????
Pages: [1] 2 3